Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Posthumous Legacies ❯ Warning Signs ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Posthumous Legacies
---
dear recently distressed
I am sorry, to inform you,
that
I caused so much unrest
---
 
Chapter Eight: Warning Signs
 
I never mentioned all of the facts. The full story is so odd, I don't blame anyone for not believing me, if they witnessed it first hand.
 
Walker always swore revenge on Danny.
 
Tucker and I were never completely sure what he'd done in the first place, but it pissed Walker off and made him attack on more than one occasion. But this time it was big. Huge. He wasn't just going to take over Amity Park; he was going to take everyone.
 
So we tried to stop him.
 
We'd fought worst battles.
 
But he was stronger. He was controlling whole hordes of ghosts, not just his usual cronies. He had a weakness for everyone, a living nightmare for each and every person on the earth.
 
And he began caging us all.
 
Amity Park was filled with fighters. We'd learned from so many attacks before. We weren't afraid to jump into action. But this time there were losses. Too many losses. So Danny had an idea. He hadn't told anyone, not even Tuck or I. He just leapt into action.
 
I followed him. I was going to fight by his side whether he wanted me or not.
 
He told me his plan.
 
He was going to cut Walker's source from the inside. Which meant he had to go into the Ghost Zone. I was alright with that; we'd gone in before. I was planning to go with him. But he said I couldn't.
 
And then I saw his full plan.
 
He was going to turn off the Ghost Portal. It was the only way to keep ghosts from coming through. It was the best way to do it.
 
So he went.
 
Why did he go?
 
---
 
“Stop.”
 
Grey's eyes went wide. Her fist was closed around Sam's throat, and Reaper was relieved to feel the grip lax.
 
Tucker was holding the barrel of the blaster to the back of Grey's head; he must've seen Invidia overshadow her.
 
Sam stared at him, trying to tell him, hoping he could read minds.
 
`Go ahead and fire. She won't feel anything.'
 
Slowly she slipped a small blade out of her sleeve, bringing it into her hand.
 
“You won't be able to do it,” Invidia hissed from within Grey's body. “You can't hurt your precious friend.”
 
Tuck grinned. “Wanna bet?”
 
And he pulled the trigger.
 
The phased form of Invidia flew out of Grey's body. She let out a small moan and fell back, and Sam let out a relieved sigh.
 
“I didn't actually hurt her, did I?” Tuck asked quickly.
 
She shook her head. “It might sting a bit, but I doubt she'll notice it-”
 
Sam flew back as Gula rammed into her, his mouth wide open to fit her whole head in.
 
“You'll pay for that,” he growled.
 
She didn't respond. The knife from within her hand slid out and stabbed the creature in the neck. He howled in rage and threw his head back, clawing at the spot where she'd pierced him.
 
Then she paused, ignoring the oddly colored blood spraying across her body.
 
If the steel of her boots had burnt his tongue…
 
She quickly grabbed the creatures jaw and pulled it open, stabbing the knife through his throat.
 
The creature made no noise. It fell backwards, a red light morphing around its body. He began to retch, coughing and choking, and blood dripped from its mouth as it stared up at the sky, its eyes wide.
 
And then it began to melt.
 
Sam jerked back, covering her face as she smelt something rancid and rotten. The blood on her body began to burn, but she ignored it, crawling back, facing the gagging ghost beside Tucker and Grey.
 
But he was already up on his feet, brushing off whatever damage that had been done to him.
“You've got guts, Reaper,” he said, “But guts won't help you. We've got other plans for you. This was just a warning.”
 
And before they could stop him, he vaulted back, morphing into a green dog and running off.
 
`If this was just a warning,' Sam sighed as she began to wipe the acidic blood from her face, `What's the next attack going to be like?'
 
Grey groaned from her spot and looked up at Tucker, her soft blue eyes half-shaded. “Did I miss something?”
 
---
 
“So,” Grey sighed, “What you're saying is: we're screwed.”
 
“Not quite screwed,” Sam answered, wiping the towel on her arm. Even after the blood was gone it still burned. “More like in deep danger.”
 
“But we've got a weakness.” Grey hitched the laptop onto her knees and began typing. “Weaknesses, names, and an evil plot.”
 
Tucker sighed. “Sounds about normal for us.”
 
---
 
“Invidia and Gula have failed me.”
 
The fiery red cat on the desk batted restlessly at the weapon, letting out a small purr.
 
“Master?” A soft, bored call from the child at the doorway. She dressed in a periwinkle dress that fluttered at her knees. She had soft blue hair, curled up in a little bun, her soft blue eyes half-lidded. “There is someone here to see you.”
 
“Thank you, Acedia. Do you mind waiting for Invidia at the door. He should return soon.”
 
“What of Gula?” she yawned.
 
“I'll have to rebirth him. He's succumbed to the poison.”
 
The child gave a shudder and a nod.
 
“Take Luxuria with you.”
 
The cat gave him an unreadable look but jumped off the table, morphing into a woman, a red, fiery dress brushing the ground as she tapped her six-inch fuck-me shoes.
 
“Do I have to watch after the child?” she sighed.
 
He nodded. “Acedia will only distract herself. Make sure she pays attention.”
 
The two girls walked out, and the door opened a second time, revealing a rather built man, a business suit covering his body. His silver hair was slicked back, and he smiled graciously at the master of the estate.
 
“I am sorry to keep you waiting.”
 
“Those girls,” the man said, “They're not ghosts?”
 
“Not quite. But that's not why you're here, is it?”
 
“No. I'm here to make a proposition.”
 
“Take a seat then, Mr.…?”
 
“Masters,” the man grinned, “Vlad Masters.”
Authoress Notes:
Dun dun dun.
I'm not going to reveal Luxuria and Acedia just yet. They'll have their turns.
No, they're not quite ghosts, but they're certainly not human.
It's hard not to model these creatures after the FMA sins. But it can't be helped. Gula took a bit of his personality from Gluttony, but other than that, they should have their own separate persona.
I think it's… silver that hurts demons, but steel will do just fine. It's my fanfic. I can tweak the story how I see fit.
Leave a review!
Next Chapter: Everyone has the perfect plan. They just take a wrong turn. A very, very wrong turn.