Death Note Fan Fiction / Code Geass Fan Fiction ❯ Zero vs Kira ❯ Alliance ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Zero vs. Kira
By
CrossoverManiac
 
Death Note is the property of Tsugumi Ohba. Code Geass is the property of Sunrise. This story is a work of entertainment only.
 
 
 
Chapter 3-Alliance
 
Ryuk pointed out the window to a distant explosion in the Tokyo ghetto and chuckled. “I hope for their sakes you hurry up with that big plan of yours,” Ryuk's razor-sharp smile betrayed his amusement of the situation. Light will either pull off the best con of his life and bring about a stunning victory or fall flat on his ass and become the god of a dead Japan. Either way, it would be interesting.
 
Light switched on the TV. Hi-TV News reported the Britannian retaliation against Area 11 for the terrorist attack that claimed the lives of the royal family; and by `retaliation' they mean slaughter innocent civilians. “Don't worry Ryuk, I have allies, and it won't be long until they show up.”
 
“You made allies. How did you talk them into being allies?”
 
“I didn't. But I did force their hand.”
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
Lelouch knew something like this would happen, but not at this magnitude. Despite his doubts, Kira was true to his word. The royal family was wiped out for their refusal to leave Japan. Lelouch thought only some of them would die, but somehow, Kira's Geass was powerful enough to reach across the world and kill at will, if it was a manifestation of Geass. And now the Britannians want revenge.
 
Lelouch stood up inside the cockpit of the ShinkirÅ to address his personal army. “My Black Knights, just half an hour ago, the Britannian Emperor and his heirs were assassinated. Though their deaths are a welcome relief to the world, it will come with a price. As we are speaking, orders to wipe out the civilian populations in the ghettos has been issued from the imperial capital. We mustn't allow this to happen. I have set up a contingency plan just in case of the assassination was successful. As we speak, the ghetto inhabitants are going into hiding. But the Britannians will track them if they're not stopped.”
 
“Yo Zero,” an unshaven Black Knight yelled out.
 
“Make it quick, Tamaki,” said Lelouch, “we deploy in five minutes.”
 
“Are you and Kira partners? Or,” he stressed his voice for the second question as a wink and a nod, “are *you* Kira?” There was a commotion from the other Black Knights clamoring for answers. They, too, had questions but didn't have the tenacity to voice them as Tamaki.
 
“No to both questions!”
 
“That's it.”
 
“Yes it is, and that's all you need to know.” Zero closed the cockpit of his Knightmare frame.
 
“Tamaki must have gotten under your skin?” C.C. teased Lelouch. She sat in the seat behind him.
 
“It's not like I have any answers to offer. Kira's as much of a mystery to me. And now thanks to him, I may never know who murder my mother and crippled Nunnally.
 
“Is that really why you're upset?” Lelouch didn't like what C.C. was hinting at.
 
“If you mean if I'm jealous,” Lelouch paused, closed his eyes, and laugh, “then yes, I am a bit envious. But mostly I feel cheated. Apart from Clovis, the royal family escaped my wrath.”
 
C.C. rolled her eyes, “as if the alternative was much better.”
 
“True, but the honor of dealing the killing blow was supposed to have been mine.”
 
“Spoiled prince,” C.C. huffed. Lelouch looked back and smirked.
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
Light kept his eyes glued to the TV as he waited for the perfect moment to initiate part 2 of his plan. “My allies are, for lack of a better turn, terrorists. Two days ago, I warned the Britannians to leave or else Kira would kill their royal family in a video broadcasted on the local news.”
 
“I know all about it,” Ryuk huffed, “I'd still be hunting you down throughout the multiverse if the other Shinigami helping me search for you didn't catch it. By the way, I owe them forty apples for their help, which means *you* owe them forty apples.”
 
Light rolled his eyes displeased with Ryuk for haggling him for apples. “Back on the subject at hand; I knew all alone they wouldn't leave. In reality, the message was directed at the resistance movement; a warning to them of the coming reprisal by the Britannians over the lost of their royal family. With the power vacuum, it will be the perfect time to liberate Japan.”
 
“But,” Ryuk disputed, “What makes you think they can take back Japan when they lost to the Britannians the first time around?”
 
“Didn't I tell you about the power vacuum in Britannia? As we speak, the other noble houses are vying to take over. Civil war is unavoidable.”
 
“But it won't do you any good. They might not give up Japan even if they're in a civil war, and if they did, they're not leaving without payback.” It was then Light propped the laptop on the table and switched it on. When it finished powering up, the name and faces of Britannian military officers appeared. Ryuk chuckled at yet another example of Light's cunning. “You got that at the military base; the one that teleported you here, right?”
 
Light nodded. “With it, I'll destroy their chain of command. It'll exacerbate the anarchy caused by the death of the royal family. The resistance will have an easy time taking out the rank and file soldiers.” A few minutes later, Hi-TV posted warnings that one of the resistance groups, the Black Knights they called them, were attacking Britannian forces. Light then cracked opened the Death Note and began writing the names of the commanding officers in the Area 11 occupation forces starting with the highest ranking officers on down.
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
Kallen rolled around the corner in her Gurren and maneuvered between the lead Knightmare Frame, a Gloucester, and four Sutherlands behind. Her Gurren gripped the head of the first enemy frame with its right hand and fired on the other four using the Gloucester as a `human' shield. It only took a few strategic shots to do the job. Two of the Sutherlands went offline in a fiery death, the third fell over, while the fourth slummed over into an old building partially cracking the outside wall against its weight. Once she was done with her shield, she activated the FukushahadÅ and injected destructive energy into the Gloucester. It bumbled up before bursting from the inside out.
 
“That should be the last of them here,” Kallen said to herself. “41-9 secured,” she radioed back to Zero.
 
“The battle is going better than expected,” C.C. commented on Kallen's success in taking the heart of the Shinjiku Ghetto. But Lelouch wasn't so thrilled, which was obvious by the look of apprehension on his face. “With Kyoshiro taking section 45-8, the Britannians will have to surrender,” C.C. said trying to invoke a position response from Lelouch.
 
“Guilford may not be the best general in the world, but he's no slouch either.”
 
“What are you saying?”
 
“The Britannians forces have been growing more disorganized as the battle progressed.”
 
“It's not out of the ordinary for the main enemy force to lose cohesion and break up into small independent units if they're losing.”
 
“Not this badly they don't. Even without orders from the homeland, they should be putting up more of a fight. We're barely suffered any casualties.”
 
“You think they may be trying to lure us into a trap?”
 
“Perhaps. I still haven't ruled out the possibility that `Kira' isn't some ruse thought up by Schiezel and my father however unlikely it is.”
 
“I'm getting a message from Yoshitaka. He said they have Guilford's Knightmare frame surrounded.”
 
“Already?” Lelouch blurted out. C.C. nodded. “Tell Yoshitaka to relay a visual.” Zero and C.C. gazed at the view screen to their left. The image of a Gloucester buried face down from the lower half of its torso to its knees in a pile of concrete and bent girders. It didn't look quite right to Lelouch. He adjusted the video feed, and the screen zoomed out revealing the Gloucester was underneath a nine-story parking garage when it collapsed. It then occurred to Lelouch why this looked odd. There isn't anymore other damage done to the building nor were the Black Knights deep enough into enemy territory to strike the killing blow. It appeared as if the Gloucester just simply crashed. Lelouch zoomed back in on the Gloucester and could find no sign of enemy fire.
 
“It's Guilford's Knightmare, alright,” C.C. said, “or at least one of the Gaston Knights.”
 
“We radioed to Guilford to surrender but he isn't responding. Do we have the order to fire?” Yoshitaka requested.
 
“Not yet.” Lelouch ordered. “In fact, check inside the cockpit.”
 
“Are you sure about that?” Yoshitaka said hesitantly. Guilford's reputation as a Frame pilot was not to be taken likely, even in this fallen state.
 
“I'm positive.”
 
“O...o...okay.” Yoshitaka cautiously pulled up next to the fallen Gloucester in his Knightmare frame and brushed off the debris. The Knightmare then pried its fingers into the joints between the cockpit and main body. The cockpit slowly crept open. Lelouch could see the pilot; his body slumped over and held in place only by the seat harness.
 
“Yoshitaka,” Lelouch ordered, “see who that man is.” But the black ponytail and type of frame was a dead giveaway that it was Guilford, which was confirmed as Yoshitaka tilted his head up.
 
“What do you want to me to do with Guilford's body?” Yoshitaka did not get a reply for his question from Lelouch. “Zero?”
 
“That's it for now,” Lelouch said finally breaking his silence. “Finish securing the area.” When Yoshitaka broke communication, Lelouch slammed his fist into the console and cut off communication.
 
“Damn you, Kira.”
 
“Gee, it's a shame everything is going as planned,” C.C. mocked Lelouch.
 
“Yeah, as Kira planned it.”
 
C.C. was surprised. “Kira planned this all out?”
 
“He started this battle: the video message, the assassination, and now this. If I'm right, the Britannian command structure for Area 11 was already dead by the time the battle started.” Lelouch balled his hands up so tight, they turned red. C.C., ever stoically, gazed nonchalantly
 
“But if Kira's that powerful, then why not kill all of the Britannians?”
 
Lelouch's eyes shot wide open. “You're right!” He was dumb-founded that he didn't realize it sooner.
 
“Lelouch?” C.C. sheepishly tried to get his attention. The console was a Christmas light decoration as Lelouch was inundated with messages from the divisions of Black Knights all over Area 11 awaiting orders. “They're waiting for your next order.”
 
It started as a snicker, and then as a chuckle, and finally exploding into uproarious laughter. C.C. hasn't heard Lelouch laugh so loudly since he found out Suzaku was the White Knight. C.C. was fearful that Lelouch was having a mental breakdown. Maybe, he wasn't strong-willed enough to persevere; the burden too great for Lelouch to shoulder.
 
“This Kira,” Lelouch said trying to catch his breath, “I let him get the better of me. I didn't occur to me that he could have killed the Britannians off himself. Kira has completely caught me off my guard, but now that I've cooled down a bit, I won't permit my emotions to cloud my judgment. Once our base of operations at Ashcroft Academy is set up, we're heading to the 731st Armory for some answers.”
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
 
 
Ohgi had a grin a mile wide as he walked up the flight of stairs to his apartment. About a half-hour from now, the sun will rise on a new day, a fresh new start for the people of Japan. Things were finally looking up. The Black Rebellion was a stunning success. Britannia's royal family is dead and now the occupation forces have completely fallen in only a day's worth of fighting. Things did get intense at Ashcraft Academy with that psycho girl with the bomb, though. He wondered if Rakshata's Britannian friend was right about it destroying the whole city. He just shook his head and chuckled. Nothing is that powerful, he thought. Ohgi was so excited about the prospects of a free Japan, that he snuck away from Ashcroft Academy to tell Chigusa the good news. He unlocked his door and entered into the murky room illuminated only the flickering lights of the television left on the news channel and their continuous coverage of the fighting in Area 11. The silhouette of a woman set by the television. He flipped on the lights and saw his beloved Chigusa sitting with her head reclining back.
 
“She fell asleep waiting for me to come home,” Ohgi whispered to himself. “Wake up Chigusa, I have good news.” But Chigusa didn't respond. “Chigusa?” Ohgi called her name again, but still no response. Ohgi leaned over her. “You must be worn out, Chigusa. But I can't let you sleep on the couch,” Ohgi said as he reached over and nudge her on the shoulder. But instead of waking up, Chigusa slumped over fell to the floor. Ohgi took her arm to feel her pulse and pulled back when he felt how cold her body was. “How?!?” He pressed the palm of his hand on Chisgusa's diaphragm while feeling her pulse with the other. There was no sign of life. Ohgi's hand trembled; his breathing became heavier. “Chigusa!” Ohgi wailed.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
 
 
Vinetta Nu is yet another causality of Light Yagami's quest to become the god of a new world, and she certainly won't be the last. Who will be next to feel the wrath of Kira? And what will Lelouch do to stop them? Find out in the next chapter of “Zero vs. Kira”.