Death Note Fan Fiction / Death Note Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Nam Iustitia et Amor ❯ At Gunpoint ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey again everyone!! ;)
 
Well… I can't think of anything else to say right now… I'm pretty sure I had more to say but I feel like crap and I'm so drugged up on flu med that I pretty much can't tell the difference from up and down
 
Go figure…
 
Anywhoo lol… read, review, and ENJOY XD
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Disclaimer- I do not, and will never will, claim ownership of Death Note or Inuyasha. They are owned by their talented authors, and I only own the plot line of which this fic is going ^^
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Nam Iustitia et Amor--
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Previously;
 
They clambered onto the bus, and took their seats.
 
Kagome turned to them and smiled gently. “So, what do you guys want to do this weekend...?” she chirped
 
--
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--At Gunpoint--
 
Kagome smiled softly as she trailed after her friends, listening to their giggles as they piled onto a bus on Saturday morning.
 
In one pair of seats, Yuka sat by the window, while Ayumi sat in the isle seat next to her. Behind the pair, Kagome sat in the aisle seat, and Eri sat by the window.
 
Yuka squealed happily, causing a few of the barely any people on the bus to glare at her. “I can't wait until we get there!!” She did a little happy dance in her seat to prove her point.
 
Kagome rolled her eyes teasingly, and leaned forward to set a calming hand on her friend's shoulder. “Calm down a bit Yuka, or else you won't have any energy when we actually get there.”
 
Eri snickered, nudging the girl playfully, “Kaggie-chan's right ya know…
I can just see it now, the second right after we get past the gates, you're gonna complain about how tired you are!”
 
Ayumi giggled quietly, shaking her head. Her friends were just so funny.
 
--
 
The four girls chattered constantly, so into their conversation that they were oblivious to the people who climbed onto the bus.
 
After another stop, Kagome tensed suddenly, the smile on her face freezing as an ominous feeling came over her.
 
She turned her head slowly to watch a skittish man, short and donning a baggy hoodie in which his hands were shoved into the pockets, enter the bus.
 
Eri noticed her intense gaze and went to follow her line of sight, smirking slightly. “What's caught your eyes, Kaggie?” she said slyly, but then scrunched up her face when she saw the man. “Okay, wow, so not what I thought you were looking at…” her voice was lightly tinted with disgust.
 
Eri paused, before smirking again. ”Didn't know that was your preference… I totally thought you were looking at the cutie in the back… too bad he has a… girlfriend… uhm, Kagome-chan?” she stopped her ramble when she noticed Kagome wasn't responding.
 
Kagome wasn't listening to her friend, her concentration solely on the guy as she watched him make his way to the front. He looked so familiar...
 
But why…?
 
Ayumi turned around, overhearing the fuss they were making. “You know him Kagome-chan?” she questioned curiously, doubt filling her features though.
 
She didn't think Kagome would know such a creepy man…
 
Apparently Yuka felt the same as she voiced her thoughts. “Eww Ayumi, why would Kagome-chan know a creeper like that? He looks like he's a few month's past a good grooming….”
 
They all paused once more and turned their attention to Kagome who hasn't spoke once. “Kagome-chan?” they said simultaneously, concern lacing their voices.
 
Kagome still didn't turn to face them, her eyes narrowed in concentration-Just where did she know him from?
 
She was faintly aware of Eri shaking her gently.
 
It only took a few seconds more before the recognition flashed in her eyes.
 
It was also at the same time the man whipped out a gun and pointed it to the driver's temple, cocking it.
 
She remembered where she's seen him!!
 
On the news last night… on the list of wanted criminals she'd just happened to flip onto when there wasn't anything to watch.
 
Kagome's eyes widened. “Shit…” she muttered under her breath, dismay washing over her.
 
Her friends blinked at her sudden curse, but didn't get a chance to question on her on it…
 
They would know why she said it soon anyways…
 
“This bus has just been hijacked, ladies and gentlemen!!”
 
Only a mili-second passed before a screams escaped Kagome's three friends, as well as the rest of the passengers on the godforsaken bus.
 
“Ahhhhh!!!”
 
“Wha!?”
 
“Uh… uhaaaah!!”
 
Gun still pointed at the bus driver, the guy leered at the three girls who were still screaming. “Cut the squawking! Anybody makes a sound or move of any kind, I blow their damn heads off!!”
 
The girls were smart enough to stop screaming.
 
Kagome's eyes were wide, shooting from the man's crazy face to the shiny gun in his hand. She hadn't sprouted a word yet.
 
She listened to the guy she declared `crazy man' as he made his demands.
 
The `crazy man' turned his attention back to the driver, glaring. “Hey driver, you know the Spaceland phone number, don't you…? Call it.”
 
The bus driver stuttered over his answer of “Uh… okay…”
 
Kagome blinked. Spaceland? That was the place they were going… what the hell would a guy like him want with a place meant for mostly kids and teens?
 
Kagome calmly pushed the thought back in her mind for further discussion as her eyes trailed back to the gun uneasily.
 
Demons and swords she could handle… kinda.
 
But a gun? This was totally out of her element.
 
She quickly thought over what to do as Eri clamped onto her arm, frightened.
 
Meanwhile, she continued to watch the scene play out.
 
The driver nervously dialed the number on the phone and spoke quickly. “This is Saski, driver of bus #124”
 
The `crazy man' grinned sadistically. “Tell `em what's happening.” He commanded gruffly.
 
Sweat trailed down the driver's face as he blurted it out. “Th… the bus has just been hijacked by a man with a gun!!”
 
“Gimme that.” Kagome stiffened when the man suddenly snatched the phone, but calmed down once she realized he wasn't going to start shooting…
 
…yet…
 
“You hear that? Now listen to this…” the hijacker said darkly, a sickeningly sweet grin on his face.
 
Kagome listened intently as the man made his demands to whoever he was speaking to, before ending it with a cliché tell off of `not to call the cops or everyone dies' farewell.
 
Her eyes narrowed at the man.
 
This just didn't seem right…
 
From what she heard last night, this guy was a drug addict that ruthlessly killed a teller and two bystanders at a bank robbery gone wrong.
 
Now he was hitting up amusement parks? Talk about going small…
 
Either way, she could tell this man was off his rocker and she couldn't let her friends, or anyone else for that matter get hurt by this madman.
 
Not again… not another madman…
 
Right then, there were only two choices she could choose before someone got shot.
 
Fight back…
 
… or call the police and let the professionals handle this.
 
Since she never handled a satiation with a gun before, the second one was the obvious choice. She just couldn't risk the other passengers lives if she did fight back.
 
Now if only she could grab her cell and dial 911 without the guy seeing her and shooting her brains out.
 
--Easier said than done…-- she thought sardonically.
 
Kagome sucked in a deep breath before moving her arm very slowly, keeping an intent eye on the man.
 
Next to her, Eri's eyes widened fractionally in fear for herself and Kagome, and incredulity as she felt the same arm she was clutching moving.
 
Her hand inched to her waist, where her cell was conveniently tucked in between the top of her skirt.
 
Kagome's sapphire determined eyes didn't waver as she slipped the phone out gently and silently flipped it open.
 
Luckily, her phone was on silent and she pressed the number pads on the phone from memory, not risking it by turning her attention to her phone.
 
As soon as she punched in the numbers, she quickly glanced at the screen to check if she got the right number and hit call, sliding the speaker part of the phone under her thigh to muffle the ring and the voice of the operator.
 
Before the phone could even start ringing, Kagome was snatched from her seat and Eri's grasp, a scream eliciting from her three friends. Her phone dropped to the floor of the bus, making a clattering noise as it flipped closed.
 
“What the fuck do you think you're doing?!”
 
Kagome's eyes widened considerably as she was twisted around; her attacker wrapped a strong arm around her waist and a gun barrel was pressed against her forehead. She sucked in a shaky gasp.
 
A crazed voice entered her ears. “I said no heroics!”
 
The man reached over and grabbed Kagome's cell phone and looked at the screen; the numbers `911' and the words `call ended' blinked at him.
 
A twisted smirk came upon the man's face. “Looks like it was all for nothing sweetheart… now what should I do with you…? I think I should teach the rest of you a lesson to show that I'm not fucking around.”
 
Kagome's eyes roved around frantically, taking in the faces of the rest of the passengers.
 
When her eyes went to the back, she let out a squeak of surprise.
 
What the hell was that?
 
At the back of the bus, a black creature adorning an amused smirk was floating. He lingered a ways behind the group of three in the back corner of the bus. Her eyes widened as he waved at her, letting out a silent chuckle.
 
Luckily the small squeak escaped her mouth the same time the guy behind her jerked her around, so it was easily covered.
 
Next to her, her friends shook with fear and horror, helpless to do anything that wouldn't get their best friend killed.
 
“Kagome…” Yuka whimpered under her breath.
 
Kagome trembled, her eyes glancing over as she saw how terrified her friends were. She gave them a half-hearted comforting look, conveying to them everything was going to work out and be ok.
 
That they were all going to pull out of this alive.
 
It was all furtive as the man slowly cocked the gun.
 
Kagome stilled at the creaky sound, and time seemed to slow down. She noticed the man in the back standing slightly, reaching into his trench coat.
 
She couldn't dwell on it any longer once the man spoke again.
 
“Any last words bitch?”
 
Kagome blinked, before her eyes narrowed in fury. Momentarily forgetting her situation, she scowled, anger filling her form as she snapped.
 
“My name is Ka-go me!!” she gritted out furiously before stomping on his foot, catching him by surprise at her sudden mood change.
 
She then bit his arm before grabbing it and swinging him over his shoulder.
 
Kagome blinked in shock, not quite believing she did that…
 
Look's like all the self-defense Sango's been teaching her wasn't for waste after all…
 
The other passengers felt the same as they stared at her in astonishment.
 
The guy who started to stand up fell back in his seat in disbelief.
 
Everyone was so busy staring at her; they didn't notice a little piece of paper fall out of a teenaged boy's pocket.
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
1,782 words
 
So... how was it?
 
To those who might think this part seems curiously familiar; yes, this part is from the manga/anime… but only this chapter and the next one will have mentions of the actual manga/anime in it. After that, it's all me and my plot.
 
I thought this would be a great place to work off of, and we'll see how it goes from there…
 
Well, tell me how I did!! ^^
 
RainLily ^^