Death Note Fan Fiction / Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Tightrope ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: `Death Note' was written by Tsugumi Ohba. No money was made from this story.
Author's Note: This was inspired by the song `Misa no Uta' by Aya Hirano.
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
Circus girl. Balance. Balance for the world, with your tiny feet wobbling underneath you. Entertain your audience.
 
For they came to be entertained.
 
She totters across that celestial thread; crazily she places one tiny foot in front of the other. Her vision is a fantastic array of tinsel and lights. But what her shinigami eyes cannot see are the scissors of fate that caress the wire, creating a little song that serenades her glory, if only for that moment when she is nearer to heaven than anyone else.
 
For one who uses the Death Note can go to neither heaven nor hell…
 
And the cameras flash and the glitter shimmers. The net below her catches many. But not Misa. She doesn't perform with a net anymore.
 
For the saddest thing for circus performers is seeing that the act continues after they have fallen from glory.
 
And she balances for the mortals below, and the cameras flash and the glitter shimmers. Because plastic dolls are in style. For now.
 
Her song is a cute, mocking tune, for fate has a sense of humour. Who is she not to entertain?
 
For if she knew everything, just think how boring that would be.