Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ After Death ❯ Seperate Plans ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Diclaimer: I do not own anything.

________________________________________________________ __________________________


"DAMN IT!" Light yelled, storming around the room, "How the hell did he find us already?! Damn it!" He repeated, as Kiyomi sat cowering at her computer desk.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know-"

"Shut up! It wasn't your fault! I need to think." Light paced through the room, and literally through the room, walking through furniture and walls.

"The police database would be useless, but damnit I need to find out their names!"

"Excuse me, Kira? Light? I have an idea. Nate already knows I have a death note, we can assume that, so that means he will be sending someone out to follow me, right? So while he's following me, you can follow him to headquarters, and write down their names."

"That's a good idea, but you're forgetting something. I can't stray from the owner of the death note." Kiyomi nodded.

"True, but if I gave you the note back, losing my memories, then you could follow him to headquarters and write down everyone's names. Then, you could return to me and make me touch the notebook, then I can get my memories back, and, the names would have erased themselves from the note, so they couldn't prove I killed anyone even if someone else did know about the note. That's right, isn't it?" Light smiled.

"You're smarter than I thought."

***

"Near, how are we supposed to become friends with Kiyomi? You don't even know her." Halle was confused, as she usually was, with Near's tactics.

"If I happen to run into her again, it shouldn't be too hard." Near said bluntly, twirling a piece of white hair around his finger.

"But what are the chances of that happening?"

"Slim to none, but I know where she lives so I'm sure it won't take too long if I help it along a bit." Near stood and began to leave the room.

"Wait! Near, where are you going?!" She started walking towards him but he held out a hand like a stopsign.

"Walking." he said bluntly, "I'll be back later." He left and started walking towards where Kiyomi's apartment was. Halfway there he stopped at a local bakery, and asked for a slice of strawwberry cake. It helped me last time, maybe it will work again. A childish thought perhaps, but it was worth a shot. And, about five senconds after that thought passed through his head, he saw the dark-haired woman walk past the bakery. Perfect. He jumped up and threw some money on the table, far more than the cake cost, but he didn't care. He strolled out of the bakery casually, meeting Kiyomi outside of the bakery.

"Why hello again." Near said casually. Kiyomi looked startled for a moment but gained her composure.

"Oh, hello," she said, playing it cool, "Find the airport okay...Len?" Near nodded.

"Yes, I had to drive a friend there." Kiyomi then nodded.

"You live in the area then?"

"Yes."

"How did you not know where the airport was then?" she probably shouldn't be asking so many questions, but she couldn't stop herself. She was going to trip him up, she could see it coming.

"I just moved here recently." Near smiled, defeating his opponent.

"I see." Kiyomi stood there, secretly fuming, "Where from?"

"California." Near said, saying the first place that came to mind.

"How did you get here?" If he says flew, I can question him about the airport again, Kiyomi thought.

"Drove." Near said, seeing her attack ahead of time.

"I see." Damn... I wish I wasn't so competitive.

"Well then, would you like to go for a bite to eat?" Kiyomi smiled.

"Didn't you just eat?" She said, nodding towards the bakery.

"I was just there visiting a relative who works there, not eating," Near said, "So then, lunch?" Kiyomi shook her head.

"Sorry, lots of stuff for work to do. Night shift tonight." Near winced.

"Ouch," he said, "have fun." They parted ways, both walking in seperate directions.

Perfect, now I won't have to see him anymore.

Perfect, I've got her exactly where I need her to be.