Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Return ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 9
 
RETURN
 
“Mikami.”
“Huh?”
Mikami turned around to see who was calling out for him.
“Oh, Light! You're back already?”
“Yes. I've finished my job earlier than I thought I would.”
“Good to have you back, then. The throne is all yours.”
“Thanks for taking care of it.”
“With pleasure.”
Light was now facing the throne that once belonged to Cero and now it was all his. He didn't care much about being a King or anything like that, but he believed that the throne's power might actually come in handy in certain situations. For example, he could change that damn sky that was so depressing. Or maybe he could just create some consommé flavored chips that he used to like. He hasn't eaten such things since the time he was a human being. Death gods didn't have to eat, but certain foods could create them pleasure.
Light approached the throne and stretched his hand out to touch it. At the feeling of it, certain spots of the throne turned into a bright shade of green and suddenly a rumbling noise covered the surroundings of the throne and in front of it, a block of ice raised itself from underground and inside of it there was a crown. It had no jewelries at all. It was plain silver-made. Its shape resembled a bat and in the middle of it, it had an engraving in a language that was long lost.
“I haven't seen that crown in ages!” said one of the death gods that was witnessing the event. “You are, indeed, the true heir of this throne!”
Light turned away from the throne, approached the block of ice and broke it open. He took the crown from the ground and put it on his head after which he went back to the throne and sat on it. He looked around at the kneeling death gods, waited for a minute and then said:
“This is it?”