Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Truth ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 8
 
TRUTH
 
“Watari.”
“Yes?”
“The Legacy has finished its job.”
“Kira?”
“He left.”
“Any orders he left?”
“He told us to wait for a while to watch out for anymore criminals that could appear.”
“They will appear. The always do. What about him getting rid of the spy?”
“I've been switching Death Notes with Tadao, exactly as you've told me to.”
“What happened to him?”
“Kira sent him in the death god realm as an entertainment tool for other death gods.”
“Primitive. Good thing he didn't get the real spy.”
“I agree.”
“You have the list with the Legacy members, right?”
“Yes, of course.”
Genshi took his briefcase, opened it, pulled out a bunch of papers and handed them over to Watari.
“Why are there only thirty four?”
“Well, Matsuda is dead, Tadao was taken by Kira and I'm on your side.”
“Oh, right.”
“Anymore orders you have for me, Watari?”
“No, you've done a good job, Genshi.”
“Thank you.”
“Since Kira left, I think it's alright for me to take my mask off. It's kind of hard to breath in this thing.”
Watari reached for his head, pulled off his mask and put it inside a drawer.
“Thank you again.”
“Huh? What for?”
“For this.”
Watari tried to say something, but suddenly he reachwed with his right hand for his chest and fell off his chair. He lay dead on the floor. Meanwhile, the first half of the Legacy stood dead stiff in front of their computers and the other half dead as well in their own homes.
“I believe it's time for an evil Kira to rule the Earth.”