Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Return ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 4
 
RETURN
 
“Aizawa, do you remember Yagami?”
“Souichirou Yagami? How can I forget him? What about him?”
“I've met his daughter's son.”
“What? Where?”
“He came by the Police Department. He wanted to check out his grandfather's former office. It seems that he wants to become an officer as well.”
“And you let him inside?”
“Of course. Why do you ask? Is there a problem?”
“Yes it is.”
“What happened?”
“You shouldn't have let him enter the office. It's not his grandfather that he wants to follow, but his uncle.”
“What? You mean Light? It can't be. Can it?”
“One hour ago, all staff members of a hotel were found dead and the cause of death seems to be heart attacks.”
“But there's no connection between them and Satoru.”
“Yes, there is.”
“Please explain it to me before accusing a young boy of murder.”
“The hotel where the staff died is the last hotel where Near lived before he died.”
“But he couldn't possibly know about Near's location, unless-“
“Yes, that's right. I've checked it out from here and I found out that the computer from the chief's office was used to access all information that we had on L.”
“But he's too young to do such things.”
“You should have learned until now that we must not underestimate the Yagami family. Both Souichirou and Light did great things when they were alive. We shouldn't be surprised if Satoru is the same as them.”
“But Light was evil. You can't call that great.”
“It doesn't have to be good to be great. He did great things. Terrible but great.”
“So what should we do about Satoru now?”
“We have to catch him.”
“But how can we explain the arrest of a twelve years old boy to the public or even his mother?”
“We don't have to. The only thing you have to be worried about is doing your job.”
“So-“
“Yes. It seems that we've got ourselves a brand new Kira.”