Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Mistake ( Chapter 42 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 14
 
MISTAKE
 
“But dad, did they actually succeeded in destroying the death god realm?”
“Well, do you see any death gods roaming around?”
“No, but they were invisible anyway.”
“But there are no more Kira-like criminals on TV either.”
“But there's no proof that they ever existed, dad.”
“Atsuki, it's only a story. Not every story is true.”
“That was a damn long story. It's already morning.”
“Watch your mouth, young lady!”
“Sorry, dad.”
“Anyway, you should go to sleep now.”
“I would but I do have to go to school, you know.”
“Isn't it Sunday, today?”
“Dad, it's Monday.”
“Already? Then go prepare yourself for school.”
“Ok, dad.”
<< I should be going to work too. >>
The man stood up, exited the kitchen and went into the bathroom to take a shower. After a while he came out with his clothes already changed. After that he went back into the kitchen and greeted his wife that had just woke up. He then picked up his briefcase and left the house.
<< Death gods … strange beings … >> thought the man while getting into his car.
<< If only it was only a story … we wouldn't have had to suffer so much … >>
He drove for several hours heading towards an unpopulated area of the country.
<< It's true. It all happened a long time ago. >>
Later he arrived in the same warehouse district where Ryuk had once brought Satoru.
<< Ryuzaki did succeed in killing Kira… >>
He stopped in front of the famous warehouse where the first Kira had died.
<< He did succeed in destroying the death god realm… >>
He took off his coat and his shirt after which he continued undressing himself until he remained completely naked.
<< But he did one terrible mistake… >>
The man's skin slowly started to change its color and it's shape. The man grew taller and raised himself into the air. Several second later he was completely turned into a genuine death god.
<< He couldn't stop Light's plans … In fact he accelerated them. >>
After the transformation was complete, he opened the door of the warehouse and entered to join another group of death gods that was sitting around the remains of the Altar of Dehumanizing.
<< The death god realm and the human world have successfully merged together and the majority of people born now are half humans, half death gods … And we share the memories of our former comrades… >>