Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Release ( Chapter 41 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 13
 
RELEASE
 
“Ryuzaki.”
“Yes, Near?”
“I think I might have an idea on how to kill Light.”
“I have several of my own but yours might be better.”
“Well, I've already thought about using the death god killing Death Note on him, but I'm not sure that it even exits anymore since Watari and Mello couldn't find any trace of it and he could be revived right after that, anyway. I have thought through several more options and I think that the best one available would be to use the same generator that we used to consume Enma's energy.”
“That's exactly what I've thought of, Near. But instead of using the cables to suck the energy out of Light, we release the one we got from Enma. So -“
“ - his body will probably not be able to hold so much energy and as a result, his body will be turned to ashes.”
“And that way we will finally be rid of Kira for ever.”
“Good. Let's start making the preparations.”
“Understood.”
 
*
 
“Light.”
“Matsuda? What are you doing here?”
“I'm here to save you, of course.”
“How come you're not working for Ryuzaki?”
“I already told you, Light. I only serve you.”
“Good, then hurry up and untie me before -“
“Matsuda, what are you doing?”
“What? I was… I was just -“
“He was just trying to free me, Near. See? I still have supporters. It will never be over, even if I die.”
“Tell me, Light, who else is still on your side except for Matsuda here?”
“Busou always obeyed my will. He would never betray me and he was always good at making other death gods join me.”
“You're a fool, Light.” continued Mello. “The Busou that served you years ago is dead. The one that you know now is our own Watari. They just happened to resemble a lot each other so we had him infiltrate your Legacy.”
“Death gods tend to resemble each other all the time. You are only partially right, Mello.”
“Huh? What do you mean, Light?”
“I mean that if he really was Watari, the he is dead as well. I noticed one day a change in Busou's behavior so I had one of my underlings follow and study him. So, after a while, I realised that he wasn't the real Busou anymore and I killed and replaced him. After that, I told you the new Busou to stay at all time with the one whom the fake Busou was working for. He was supposed to report to me next week and tell me about his leaders.”
“Watari, is this true?”
“I'm sorry guys, but my name is not Watari.”
“Who are you, then?”
“You should remember me, Ryuzaki. I used to work for you.”
“Mogi?”
“Bingo! That's the one.”
“Mello.”
“Yes, Ryuzaki?”
“Tie him up along with Light and Matsuda. I'm very disappointed in you, Mogi.
“Disappointed? Why? Did you actually think I was against Kira?”
“Well, weren't you?”
“Damn, I should've became an actor when I was alive.”
“Why did you help us then?”
“I was just doing some undercover work. Ryuzaki, I had a Death Note of my own. It's just that I've been able to hide my victims between Kira's.”
“Damn you, Mogi. I never would have thought that you were like that.”
“Does it matter now?”
“I guess not.”
Surprisingly, neither did Matusda nor Mogi tried to resist Mello and they both got tied up, exactly as Ryuzaki ordered.
“Near,” continued Ryuzaki. “do we have enough energy for all three of them?”
“There's enough energy for hundreds of death gods.”
“Good. Mello, connect the cables to their hands and legs.”
“Why do I have to do everything?”
“Mello, you'll have enough time to complain later.”
“Oh, alright…”
While Mello was attaching the cables, Light tried to resist but he had no chance of escaping and he probably knew that. Despite what was going to happen, the other two were going along with their penalty.
“Can we start?”
“Yes, Ryuzaki.”
“Mello, change back the generator's polarity and turn it on. After that, make sure that you will go far enough from it. This might get a bit ugly.”
“Ok…”
“Just a minute, Mello. Ryuzaki, Near, what are you planning to do after I'm dead? I hardly doubt that you're just going to sit around doing nothing.”
“You're right. We already have something in mind.”
“And can you tell me your plans? I'm going to die anyway.”
“You won't like it.”
“I don't like you three anyway, so nothing can be worse.”
“Fine. Near, you tell him.”
“We're going to destroy the Altar of Dehumanizing, kill all of the death gods around the throne and then use it to completely destroy this realm.”
<< Fools, they have no idea what they're going to do. >> thought Light with an evil grin on his face.
“Hmm…nice. What will you do about yourselves, then?”
“We will die along with the destruction of this world.”
“Fools.”
“That's enough, Light.”
“Mello, press the button.”
“Done.”