Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Rivals ( Chapter 40 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 12
 
RIVALS
 
“Light, what are your plans now?”
“I have to do what I've started years ago.”
“And that is…?”
“Merging the death god realm with the human world, to make it one and the same.”
“And what help would any of this do?”
“We will be able to rule directly over the human world, without having to use that damn tunnel every time we have business down there. Humans will fear and obey our will. We will completely change the world, and we will rule over it for eternity.”
“Are you sure you can do that?”
“You forget who you're speaking to, Misa.”
“Oh, sorry. But I have one more question.”
“What is it?”
“Why did you order Ryuk to kill Satoru if you still wanted to have contact with the human world?”
“What? Who told you that? I never ordered such a thing. And as far as I know, the boy got tired of being chased by Aizawa and committed suicide.”
“I don't know who lied to you, Light, but Jirou told Ryuk that you ordered him to kill Satoru and return to the death god realm.”
“Something's wrong. Get Jirou -“
“Get him now!”
Jirou jumped from behind a pack of trees and with the help of two more death gods, he secured Light making sure that he wouldn't be able to move. Misa, on the other hand, was shocked by what was happening and was too scared to move.
“Light, under my authority, you are hereby under arrest with the charges of murder and crimes against humanity.”
“What? What is the meaning of this?”
“This is it, Light. No more Death Notes for you.”
“How dare you disobey me, Jirou?”
“My name is not Jirou.”
“What do you mean? Who are you, then?”
“You disappoint me, Light. I thought you would remember me. We used to be good friends when we worked together, right?”
“L? But it can't be…”
“But it is.”
“How can this be?”
“The guys that you hired to create more death gods accidentally revived Watari. After a while, he came back to the altar to revive me as well knowing that I would be the only one able to stop this nonsense.”
“So he is somewhere around here, too?”
“I am right here, Light.” said the voice of one of the death gods that was holding him.
“And I am here as well.”
The other death god seemed to resemble the other rival of Kira, Near.
“What? You're all here? This is not possible. It's only a bad dream.”
“Unfortunately for you, it's real. Oh, and Mello is somewhere around too.”
“Damn you, Ryuzaki!”
“This was always meant to happen since the day I challenged you on the TV.”
“You won't get away with this!”
“I already did.”
“The other death gods won't let me die.”
“The already obey me, Light.”
“I'm going to kill all of you!”
“You're pathetic.” said Near. “Just like you were in your last days as a human. On that day, in the warehouse, you reacted just like I thought you would. But I didn't expect that Ryuk would kill you.”
“Don't you dare speak about my former life! I left that behind a long time ago.”
“Shut up, Light. You have lost your right to speak. Near, Watari, tie him up and throw him in the cave.”
“I thought I told you to blow it up.”
“Well, I forgot…”
“Why you -“
Light's mouth was now covered, his hands and legs tied up and was being carried away by his enemies.
“We will take care of you tomorrow.”