Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Ghost ( Chapter 39 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 11
 
GHOST
 
“So Enma is actually dead now?”
“It seems so…”
“So we're rid of all the other obstacles, right?”
“That is correct.”
“Can we go on with your plan now, Jirou?”
You don't have to call me that here. Light trusts me and he wouldn't put any surveillance on me. You may call me Ryuzaki here.
“Understood. So, what about the plan?”
“We will proceed with it tomorrow. We firstly have to make sure that nothing will get in our way.”
“Very well. So what is our plan again?”
“I've already told you several times, Mello. First we capture Light, get Watari to seal him after which we have to find a way to completely destroy him.”
“And what do we do after we kill him?”
“We should first succeed in doing this before thinking of something else.”
“Alright, Ryuzaki.”
“Let's go, Mello. Light is waiting for us.”
“Ok.”
 
*
 
“Jirou, you're late.”
“I apologize, Light, but I was quite far away from here.”
“Anyway, I want you to take care of blowing up the cave where we killed Enma.”
“But why do we have to blow it up?”
“Shibou detected some remains of Enma's energy and he thinks that it would be poisonous to us, death gods.”
“Very well. I'll take care of it right away.”
“Ok. Ryuk?”
No answer.
“Ryuk! Where are you?”
“Light…”
“What's wrong, Ryuk?”
Ryuk was lying on the ground a few meters away from the throne.
“I'm sorry, Light, but … I haven't written any names in my Death Note for many years … this is my end …”
“What? You're joking, right?”
“No, I'm not. I'm dying. Have fun, Light…”
These were the last words of Ryuk, the death god, which was now only a pile of ashes, with a Death Note besides it.
“Busou, we have to bring back both Mikami and Ryuk.”
“I apologize, but that is not possible.”
“And why is that?”
“The deaths that they suffered are different from the ones of the people that we have revived until now.”
“What's that supposed to mean?”
“Only humans or death gods that have been killed by the use of Death Notes can be brought back to life with the Altar of Dehumanizing.”
“So that means -“
“It means that they are lost forever.”