Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Revolution ( Chapter 46 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
CHAPTER 4
 
REVOLUTION
 
 
It was a rainy day. Lightning and thunder surrounded the entire area of Japan. Except for the noise made by the storm, it was pretty quiet. Most of the citizens were indoors either trying to get shelter from the rain or even sleeping.
Almost one hour before midnight when this was happening. Death gods were flying from all around the world gathering on an island somewhere in the middle in the Pacific Ocean. It was called Swallow island. They were floating above the water all the way there. When they arrived on the island they crossed the entire beach and after that they started climbing the hill on an apparently newly built stone road. At the end of this path stood the Altar of Dehumanizing brought from Japan. Around the Altar there was a large area covered with stone plates and this area was surrounded by a wooden fence. All this was sheltered from the rain by a wooden roof that was able the cover about a thousand death gods.
And a thousand death gods did indeed gather around the Altar waiting for something to happen. Almost all the island and it's surrounding were covered in the whispers of death gods. No one actually knew what they came here for. They were only told by the Legion that something important had to be announced to the death gods.
“Silence!”
Nobody when and where he came from but Light, also known as Kira, was now standing in the middle of the Altar. As soon as it saw him, the crowd became quiet. Again, only the raindrops hitting against the roof could be heard. Then suddenly, Light started speaking.
“As I have been informed by the Legion, I understand that you all have the memories of the fallen death gods except for the Kings. Then you should all know that I was once your King until Ryuzaki came. But now I am back and will continue being your King. For now, my only goals will be to make you full time death gods and to find a realm that will belong to you. To us. All of you who want to join me on this quest for freedom will remain here on this island. Those who wish to leave, are free to go.”
He then waited for a minute and waited to see if someone would actually leave. Only one death god did indeed try to go, but as soon as he stepped away from the ground the turned into a mere pile of ashes.
<< Traitor… >>
“I thought you said we were free to go. Why did he die then?”
“He was one of the Followers. You wouldn't want one of those guys roaming around freely and telling everyone about what's going on around here, would you?”
Silence followed his retorical question.
“I thought so. Anyway, for now, this island will be the first death god territory.