Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Remember ( Chapter 47 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
CHAPTER 5
 
REMEMBER
 
 
“Misaki.”
“Yes, Light?”
“Starting today you will work directly under me. Absolutely no one has the right to give you orders or to tell you what to do. You will do everything I say even if it means your own death.”
“Understood, sir. It's an honor.”
<< I know it is. >>
“And one more thing, Misaki.”
“What is it?”
“As a first job, I want you to find out the names of each and every member of the Followers. I plan to get rid of any hindrance that might get in my way.”
“Are you going to use the Death Note on them?”
“No, I only have one for now and I don't want to waste it's pages.”
“Understood. I'll get the names as fast as I can.”
“Very well. You will find me at the Altar when you're ready.”
 
*
 
<< This is getting tyring. I have died and came back to life so many times that I barely remember my first life. All that I do remember is how why got my father killed, how I even forgot to say goodbye to my own mother. And of course, even my sister died because of me.
I had enough.
Maybe it's time for me to just back off. Go die forever and leave this world to take its course without me.
I will.
Just as soon as I get a new world for these death gods to live in. >>
 
*
 
“Light, I have the list with the Followers.”
“Good work. Are you sure these are all of them?”
“I have a spy in their group so I know almost everything about them.”
“Even better.”
“Anything else you would like me to do for you, Light?”
“No, this should do for now. I'll send for you when we start the attack.”
“Understood.”
<< Let's see … only fifty left? I guess they weren't that much inot Enma after all. Kisuke, Saikou, Chipp … What? How can this be? Why is Ryuk's name put down here? He's supposed to be dead and I don't remember reviving him again. Maybe this one is a different Ryuk. I have to see for myself before I start the attack. >>