Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Encounter ( Chapter 48 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
CHAPTER 6
 
ENCOUNTER
 
 
Light was now alone somewhere near the Kirishima forest trying to decide wether or not to enter. He came here hoping to see this Ryuk that was written on the piece of paper that Misaki had given him. It would be logical if he wasn't the one that used to know, but if he was … it would make no sense at all. Ryuk was Light's friend. He was definitely not a supporter of Enma. How could he join the Followers instead of joining Light on Swallow island.
It was almost three a clock and death gods were already starting to march inside the forest.
<< Damn it. >>
Light was only inches away from being spotted but he easily succeeded in flying at the top of the tallest tree.
<< I should stay and observe from here… >>
He was now staring carefully at each and every Follower that was passing by, but no one seemed familiar at all. Light was almost getting ready to leave when he saw another ghost.
<< It can't be … Cero? >>
And Ryuk was following right behind him.
<< This isn't happening. Why is Ryuk with Cero? Why are they alive anyway? >>
Light stood there in the tree for hours waiting for the meeting to end. Even when it was over, he was still surprised that his friend and his enemy were still alive and working together against him.
Death gods started coming out of their hideout and Light noticed both Cero walking at the end of the line. After they left the forest and split up, Light approached Cero although it would've been more logical to go to his friend first.
“Why are you still alive, Cero?”
“Huh? Who the hell are you? And what do you mean `alive' ? I don't remember dying.”
“Stop fooling around, you can't lie to me.”
“You are insane. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.”
“You enjoy pissing me off, don't you?”
“Stop this nonsense allready. I'm going home.” said Cero after which he quickly left.
<< Fine, let's play it your way … >>
Light followed Cero, who was now back in his human form, all the way to what he believed to be his house. But instead, he entered a medical institution.
<< He's a doctor? Oh, wait … I remember him saying that he was a doctor before he became a death god. But why would he do this again? >>
He then left the area and went to check on Ryuk to see what became of him.
“Pssst … Ryuk, get up!”
Ryuk was already sleeping by the time Light arrived, but he was determined to talk to him so he did his best to try and wake him up.
“Huh? Why did you wake me up?”
“Do you remember me?”
“Light…”
“You do remember me!”
“The light, idiot … Turn on the light!”
“Oh.”
“So … what the hell are you doing in my room?”
“You really don't remember me, do you?”
“Should I?”
“…”
<< This is hopeless, I'm leaving … >>