Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Investigation ( Chapter 52 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 10

INVESTIGATION


"What do you mean he's gone?"
"Gone as in missing, not here, disappeared."
"Calm down, Misaki, maybe he had something to do and went somewhere."
"I don't think so, Suzaku. He always stays at the Altar and I was suppossed to meet him there. I think something happened to him."
"Fine, I'll gather up a team and see what we can find out."
"Thanks."
"But don't get your hopes up too soon."

*

"Ok, guys, let's start with the Altar and the area around it."
Several death gods scattered around the Altar were trying to find something important or something unusual regarding Light's dissapereance. It shouldn't be very hard to notice anything out of place since there was nothing else around except for the grass and stone plates, but they still had to walk around for almost an hour under Misaki's orders. They were almost giving up when one of them yelled towards Suzaku.
"I found something!"
"What? You actually did?"
"Yeah, I found some death god dust. I believe it belongs to Kira since he has no human part at all."
"Misaki, what do you think of this?"
"Well, there's only little of it so it can't be the one that reamains after dying. I think that someone hit him here; probably knocked him out so they can take him away without causing a commotion."
"The Followers?"
"I doubt that. My spy doesn't know anything so it's probably not their work."
"Any ideas?"
"Bob and Gus."
"Huh?"
"Two death gods that I formerly believed to be part of the Followers. It's probably a different group."
"What? A group different from the Followers?"
"Yes, Suzaku. There a lot of other small underground groups that worship neither Kira nor Enma. They have ideas of their own."
"Do you know which group did this?"
"There are several possibilities, but it was most likely the Ascened or the Gatherers."
"Why them?"
"Well, the Ascended have their headquarters nerby. But the Gatherers have bot a close headquarters and a reason."
"A reson? Why woul they kidnap Kira?"
"The Gatherers are a group formed by those that try to search perfectionism."
"You mean -"
"Yes, they want to become full fledged death gods and they probably think that Kira's body contains the key to what they seek."
"So ... what should we do?"
"We're going to prepare a team, of course."
"And then what?"
"We're gonna break into their headquarters, knock out every death god that tries to stop us, find Kira and get him out."
"Yeah ... smart plan ..."
"Do you have anything against my judgement?"
"No, Misaki, of course not."
"Ok, then. We will proceed with the plan in an hour."
"That soon?"
"We don't know what they'll try to do to him, so we'll have to hurry."
"Alright, if you say so ..."