Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Assault ( Chapter 53 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 11

ASSAULT


Misaki was now standing with Suzaku and their ten men team in front of a building on a neighbouring island. They were all waiting for Misaki's order to attack but it seemed that he and Suzaku were having an argument.
"What if they are in their human form? Are we just going to go on and hit them?"
"What's wrong, Suzaku? Did you get too attached to the humans?"
"If you haven't forgotten, Misaki, we're still half-humans."
"Yes, I know, but they're still nowhere near our own kind."
"But still, if -"
"Suzaku, don't worry. They're perfectionists, remember? They'll try to keep their death god form as much as possible."
"But what if -"
"Shut up already and let's go in."
"Fine."
"Listen up, people!" yelled Misaki towards the team. " We're gonna split up into two teams. The first five will join with Suzaku and enter the building on the other side. The remaining death gods will enter with me on this side. You will search each and every room fo Kira while eliminating every possible threat to our mission. If you find him, you will launch the signal and we'll meet in front of the building. Any questions?"
Everyone was quiet and some of them even nodded in approval of Misaki's plan.
"Good, let's get to work then."
Suzaku took his team and went in the back of the building while Misaki was handing his own team each a spiked baseball bat. After everyone was ready, Misaki took his team inside. They slammed open the front door and entered what seemed to be a long corridor with plenty of rooms, like a hotel's. At the end of this hallway there were two staircases. One leading up towards the upper floors and the other going down in the basement. They checked every room but they contained nothing of interest. Only empty offices.
"Ryuji, take Asakawa and Ohgi and go upstairs. I'm going to check out the basement."
"Understood."
Misaki followed the stairs down to the basement where he found a total of six rooms. In the first four he found several death god corpses. They were probably some of the Gatherer's lab rats.
Two more rooms to go.

*

"So, Kira, ready to sacrifice yourself for the good of the death god kind?"
"No, not really. There a lot of things left for me to do before I die."
"Maybe, but you still won't have the chance. The others should be here any moment now with the necessary equipment."
"You forget that full fledged death gods can't be killed by primitive methods."
"Oh, we have our methods, don't worry about that."
"They won't work."
"We'll see about that."
The boss was floating in front of Light with the only door out of the room being right behind him. He even had a grin covering his face, being extremely cofindent in his plans.
Suddenly the door slowly opened itself.
"See? I told you they would be here." said the boss without even turning around to face the door."
"I see ... but you don't."
"Huh?"
Before he succeeded in completely turning his head around, the boss received a spiked baseball bat against his head, being smashed against the wall and knocked out.
"Took you long enough ..."