Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note: The Game ❯ Domino ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DEATH NOTE: THE GAME
CHAPTER 1: DOMINO
 
“I'm bored…”
“Huh?”
“I'm bored, Enyu. There's nothing to do in this god forsaken world.”
“That's not entirely true. There's always gambling.”
“And what do you gain by doing that? More gambling?”
“Well…yeah.”
“I had enough. I want something new, something interesting. I mean, look at Ryuk. He's found that human that he has fun with for over a year now.”
“Yeah, but he's different. He's never really been one of us.”
“Very well, then. I'll be different too if that's what it takes to have some fun.”
“What do you mean, Domino?”
“I mean I have an idea and I'm going away for a while.”
“Where to?”
“The human world.” said Domino while staring down the tunnel.
“You too? Everyone's going down there nowadays.”
“Well, see you later then, Enyu.”
“Se ya…”
Domino waited for a moment, looked around after which he opened wide his wings and flew inside the tunnel.
 
*
 
“Domino! What are you doing here?”
“Let's make a deal, Ryuk.”
“Huh?”
“Let me have some fun with your little human friends and I promise you won't regret it.”
“What exactly do you want to do?”
“You'll see. Well, if you let me do it, of course.”
“Oh, fine. But if I don't like it, you go back to the death god realm, ok?”
“Alright.”
Domino pulled out his Death Note and started writing something.
“What are you doing?”
“Making the arrangements for the game.”
“Game?”
“Yeah.”
 
*
 
Meanwhile, somewhere in a Court Room of Tokyo, a young female lawyer was presenting her client's case against a homeless beggar.
“Your honor, my client will not give up this case until justice is served. And neither will I.”
“Unless you provide us with some concrete evidence, I cannot allow this court to continue.”
“But sir, you don't understand. What we are trying to do here is -“
The woman suddenly stopped arguing and the room fell into silence.
“Is there something wrong, Miss Jane?” asked the judge.
She didn't answer. Instead, she went straight to her client's desk and put down the papers she was holding.
“There's something else I must do.”
“What do you mean by that, Miss Jane?”
Again, she didn't answer.
“Miss Jane!”
It was as though she didn't hear a thing. All she did was to walk towards the exit door.
“Miss Jane! Come back here, right now! We haven't finished the trial!”
She opened the door and left the room. She went down the stairs, exited the building and took one of the cabs that was waiting in front of it.
Several minutes later, she stopped in front of a five star hotels. One of the best in Tokyo. She entered the elevator and waited until she arrived at the 26th floor. The doors opened and the woman started walking straight forward until she arrived near room 1492. She then reached for her pocket and pulled out a small tube on which it was written << Danger! Toxic gas! >>. She then reached for her other pocket and took out a gun.
The woman pointed the weapon at the door's keyhole and pulled the trigger. The door blasted itself open and she threw the tube inside after she pulled something that seemed to be a safety ring.
Several screams could be heard from inside, but soon it was quiet again and only the smoke rising from the tube was still moving.
Even the woman was now lying dead on the floor after stabbing herself with a kitchen knife.