Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note: The Game ❯ The Traps ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DEATH NOTE: THE GAME
CHAPTER 2: THE TRAPS
 
“What the hell happened?”
“Mr. Aizawa, is that you?”
“Who's there?”
“It's me, Watari.”
“Oh, yes, it's me then.”
Both Aizawa and Watari were lying on the floor of a barely lit room. It also had absolutely no windows. Only a small light bulb in the ceiling.
The two were now trying to regain their vision so they could see where they were. The toxic gas that knocked them out had also affected their eyes.
“I think I can see properly now, Mr. Aizawa. But I don't have a clue about where we are.”
“Somebody attacked us. That gas didn't just come out of nowhere.”
“Do you think it is Kira's work?”
“I doubt that Watari, but we can't rule out anything. We all know what he's capable of. Where are the others anyway?”
“I don't know, but we should go look for them.”
“And be careful at the same time, too.”
“Yes, of course.”
They both stood up from the floor and Aizawa headed towards the door. It was open. But beyond it nothing but complete darkness was waiting for them.
“I can't see a thing in here.”
“Maybe there's a light switch nearby.”
“Ok, I'll look for it.”
He entered the dark room and started touching the wall near the door in hope of finding a switch or a button that would turn on the light.
Suddenly the room was lit up by several neons from both the ceiling and the walls.
“Good job, Mr. Aizawa.”
“It wasn't me Watari. Someone else turned on the light.”
“But there's no one else here.”
“Maybe he switched it on from somewhere else.”
“Maybe.”
The so called room that was previously dark was only a long hallway which appeared to be completely empty.
Except for the two pieces of paper that just happened to be standing on the floor in front of the two.
“What's this?”
“Seems to be just blank papers to me.” said Aizawa.
They each took a piece of paper and studied them carefully.
“Mr. Aizawa, these papers highly resemble those from the Death Note that we have in the hotel room.”
“From the Death Note? But that's -“
Suddenly a terrifying but curious figure appeared right before them.
It was Domino, the death god.
Aizawa got scared and backed up a bit, but Watari just stood there watching me.
“Are you the one responsible for this, death god?” asked Watari fearless.
“Yeah, I'm the one.”
“What do you plan to gain by doing this?”
“Entertainment.”
“That's it?”
“Yeah, pretty much.”
“Then I demand you to let us go.”
“Nope, sorry, can't do that.”
“Of course you can. You just don't want to.”
“Well…that too. You will get out of here. I'm not planning to keep you here forever now, do I?”
“Then let us go then.”
“It won't be easy. But if you don't listen to me, the other four will be killed. By me, of course.”
“Very well then, death god. What are we supposed to do to be freed?”
“Well, see that door at the end of this hallway? Beyond it is the place where you will meet your friends. You just have to get there.”
“That's all?”
“The hallway is booby trapped all the way till there.”
“Oh. But aren't you -“
Domino disappeared through on of the side walls.
“Damn it.”
“What are you supposed to do now, Watari?”
“Well, we are going through that door, of course.”
“Didn't you hear the death god? The room is booby trapped.”
“We will avoid the traps, then.”
“Ah, you say that like it's supposed to be easy.”
Aizawa turned around, put his head against the wall and closed his eyes.
“We won't make it out of here, will we?”
No answer came.
“Watari?”
Aizawa turned around again but he didn't see Watari.
“Watari, where are you?!”
“Mr. Aizawa! Over here!”
Watari was standing right at the end of the hallway near the door that was supposed to be the exit.
“Watari? How did you get there? Did the death god lie and there are no traps?”
“Actually there are plenty -“
But before Watari could finish speaking, Aizawa was already trying to walk through the corridor, but stopped when he was nearly killed by one of the spikes the rose suddenly from the floor.
“That's what I was trying to tell you, Mr. Aizawa, there are plenty of traps.”
“Damn! I was almost killed, did you know that? How did you get there, though?”
“I was specially trained for dangerous situations. I can easily avoid weak traps like these ones here.”
“How will I get there then?”
“I will tell you step by step exactly what you have to do.”
“Ok then. Let's do this.”
“You will have to do exactly what I tell you to, understood?”
“Of course, Watari.”
And he did.
He made several jumps to avoid the spikes suddenly coming out of the floor, but not without consequences. His pants got ripped apart because of one failed jump.
“Try to be more careful next time, Mr. Aizawa.”
“Sorry.”
After the spike part ended, arrows started flying from one wall to the other.
“How the hell am I supposed to do this?”
“Well, firstly you have to jump forward head on. When you touch the ground roll two times forward, jump up, make three quick steps forward and then stop. We will continue from there.”
“Easier said than done.”
Surprisingly, Aizawa managed to make the jump exactly as Watari instructed him to.
But not completely. When he had to jump up, he jumped to low from the ground and got hit by an arrow right in the left shoulder.
“Make the steps, quick!”
Although he was in agonizing pain, Aizawa succeeded in stepping three times forward so he wouldn't get hit by another arrow.
“Damn it! Aaargh. This hurts.”
“You are losing blood, Mr. Aizawa. You have to hurry here so I can pull out the arrow.”
“The hell with this!”
Aizawa snapped and pulled the arrow out himself while giving out a loud scream.
“You should not have done that, Mr. Aizawa! You are losing even more blood now.”
“I don't give a damn. I just want to get the hell out of here. What do I have to do next?”
“Monkey jumps.”
“What?”
“This is the final trap, but this time razors are moving on the ground so you can't walk on it at all. But when they come out, so do some wooden beams on the walls. They only come out each at a time. So you will have to be precise. When the first beam comes out you will have to jump for it and then jump for the next one exactly at the moment when it's being pulled back in.”
“That's just wrong. But I don't really have a choice now, do I?”
A few seconds later, Aizawa was standing right besides Watari.
“I'm surprised you managed that with a hole in your shoulder.”
“It hurt like hell, but I had to do it. I want to get out of here as fast as I can.”
“Let's go then.”
“After you, Watari.”