Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Five Things About Soichiro Yagami ❯ Five Things About Soichiro Yagami ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
* * *
Five Things About Soichiro Yagami
by Edmondia Dantes

Disclaimer: Not mine.

* * *

There are times when Soichiro wonders if he is a good parent or not - he has known for years that he is a terrible husband.

Quietly, guiltily, Sayu is his favorite.

After weeks in a cell, an insane plot, tears and a girl screaming and the cool solidity of his gun in his hand, Soichiro looks at the sobbing wreck in the backseat and wonders why he doesn't recognize the frightened teenager he sees there.

It doesn't take a genius to see how his son has changed, how he tilts towards L like a flower to sunlight, all wide eyes and a painful kind of sincerity, and he holds his breath and prays that the crush is fleeting.

He lingers outside the cemetery while his son has a quiet hysterical breakdown at a tomb with no name, but Light's eyes are dry and his step is sure when he finally walks through the gate again, and for the first time in years he sees some of Sachiko's steadfast grace in his oldest child.

* * *

Feedback?

Back to Death Note Fic
Back to Fanfics
Back Home