Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Ignorance for Bliss ❯ Ignorance for Bliss ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Misa was not naive. She knew that Light was using her. Hell, she had been the one who had blurted out that she didn’t care if he did. So it really was no surprise, at least he spent time with her. (Even if both of you hated the awkwardness of accidentally showing your hand.)
Misa was not stupid. She had done what L had not. Misa had found Kira 100 percent completely. Misa had gotten the eyes, sent the elaborate tapes and hidden messages, dressed in disguise, and had put Kira on the spot. Misa could’ve killed him that day, instead she chose to love him. (Immaturity is not to be mistaken for stupidity.)
Misa was an actress. She was damn good at her job too. Not just for profit, not just in the Yotsuba group fiasco, no, she had acted all throughout her relationship with Light. Just like he did (A marriage built on lies would’ve never worked anyways.)
She had seen from their very first meeting that he was mistrustful. So after gaining his sorta-trust she had devised a plan. She didn’t want Rem and Light to die. (Although you never really cared for Rem in the end anyways)
She acted. She acted stupid and naive, so that Light could (maybe, possibly, hopefully) love her. She wasn’t a threat to him. She was useful. So long as she stayed ignorant, she could be useful to her knight in shining armor. Even with her memories lost, a nagging voice told her to act, act, act! (Although you abandoned that when an opportunity to become useful came, didn’t you?)
Misa knew when Light was dating Takada. Misa tried to be nice about it, it was for the Kira cause after all. But then the sickening feeling came, a feeling that told her that Takada might just be more useful. So she cattly attacked her, feeling satisfied afterwards. (She couldn’t see through you either, but you were drunk)
Light died, and with your memories erased, you grew to hate Kira. Light had been killed in the process of catching Kira. You lived on pure fury alone for such a long while. Then the dream came, and you pieced the pieces together. You didn’t know how or why, all you could think of was (hatelovehatelovehalotevehlaovte!) how you had been hating and loving the same person for a while now. It crushed what was left of your spirit. You couldn’t remember the how part of Kira, only the who. One little girl with no weapons is no match for the police. It was Valentine’s Day that you finally snapped (He had been so uncharacteristically nice on that day) and took your life. You would try to join your knight, your Light, your God and show him how smart you actually are (was). You would show him how much you knew, and how much you were holding back.
(But those kinds of dreams are nothing but pipe dreams because all humans eventually go to Mu. There is no Heaven or Hell for you. You knew that. It’s so professional to act until the curtain drops, isn’t it Misa-Misa?)
--
Sry to all the readers of my other stories. This was to stress bust, and it worked quite well. Sorry about the POV change at the end. I hope it wasn’t too icky. I’ve never written DN before and I probably suck at it XD
Misa deserves more credit peoples! She is so wonderfully awesome! Anyway, some things might be off because I wrote this sooooo late. I took some artistic liberties with the end of course. Sorry if this was confusing in any way too. I just wrote what popped up in my mind so…XD
And again, I will start on TH and EotD here soon! Don’t fret :D
Disclaimer: I don’t own DN T-T