Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Some Things Never Change ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or Death Note (this will be taking place just before L puts up cameras in the houses to spy on Light. So Kagome will end up being spied on as well)

A/N: I would’ve updated sooner but I was out of state. Sorry. For those who are wondering, I do intend on bringing in Kagome’s miko powers and a few low level demons. (just not right now)

“_”- Speaking
‘_’- Thoughts

------------

“Hmm, the train ride wont be but 2 hours long…what should I do?” Kagome asked herself
She was currently in the back of the train, heading towards her uncle’s house.
“I wonder how Light has been….Knowing him, he’s probably still the smartest of all his classes.”
‘What a Nerd’
Kagome sighed, staring out the window to her right. As she was watching the scenery go by, her eye lids started to droop.

---Time-Skip/End-Of-Train-Ride---

The movement of the train stopping woke Kagome from her brief nap. Walking out of the doors, Kagome looked for a payphone. Spotting one, she made her way over to it to call the number her mother had given her. Which was supposed to be for her aunt’s cell phone.

/Phone Rings/

“Hello?”

“Uh, Aunt Sachiko?” Kagome asked

“Yes?”

“It’s Kagome. My train ride is over and I just need directions or someone to pick me up.” she explained

“Kagome! Just wait there, I’m sure Light is free so I’ll have him come by and walk you home with him.”
(A/N: Not sure when Light actually gets out of school)
“Oh, thank you.”

“Let me just call him real quick, okay? He should be there soon after.”

“Okay, I’ll be sitting on a bench outside for him.”

“I’ll make sure to tell him that.”

After saying good-bye, Kagome went and sat on a bench outside, to wait for her cousin.

---Scene-Switch---

Light was sitting in a coffee shop with “L” when his cell phone rang.

/Phone-Rings/

“Hello?” Light asked into the phone

“Light, Kagome is at the train station. Could you go pick her up?” Sachiko asked

“Yeah, I can do that.”

“Thank you, she said she would be sitting on a bench outside. ”
“Okay.”

Hanging up the phone, Light turned his attention back to “L”.

“I’m sorry, but I must pick up my cousin at the train station”
“That is no problem” L replied
“You are welcome to join me if you want” Light offered, wanting to study L longer
“Yes,” L spoke standing up
‘I wish to know if this cousin of yours is like you’ L thought
As they were walking to the train station, L spoke up “What is your cousin like?”

“Well, I haven’t seen her since we was little, she’s the same age as me.“ he started “She was a famous singer going by the name “Kai” from age 13 to her 15th birthday when she started getting sick.”
“The last thing we heard was that she was constantly sick. Now she’ll be staying at our house for a while.” Light explained to L

‘Hm, Light’s cousin is a girl, famous at that and she’s sick most of the time. If she’s sick a lot why isn’t she kept in a hospital?’ L thought to himself

---------

Upon arrival, Light and L found a crowd surrounding one side of the train station. Tapping someone‘s, who was in the crowd, shoulder Light asked, “What’s going on here?”

“The famous singer Kai is here!” a girl squealed
“I guess we don’t have to look for her after all..” L commented

Pushing their way through the crowd, they came upon Kagome sitting on a bench quietly talking to some children. Approaching Kagome, Light spoke, “Kagome, are you ready to go home?”

Looking up to see who spoke, Kagome said, “Yes, I guess I am.” Picking up her things, Kagome said good bye to all the children. Light offered to carry her things but she denied the offer. Noticing another person with them, Kagome introduced herself. “Hello, my name is Kagome Higurashi, Light’s cousin.”

L looked at her before introducing himself with his fake name, “Hello, I’m Ryuga Hideki.”
‘Liar, I can tell your lying.’ Kagome thought to herself as studied his aura then faked a smile.

“If you excuse me, Light, Miss Higurashi, I must go now” L said before a car pulled up, and got into the back. When the car left, Kagome and Light were left to themselves walking home.