Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Some Things Never Change ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry! I’ve been REALLY crowded by homework since I don’t have a study hall this year, classes keep getting changed…Whenever I was around a computer to type, my brother would hog it, or his G/F would. Jerks. .I’ve just been busy, too busy. I’m trying to keep my grades almost perfect, so I can graduate early next year. ! ^^ Plus I haven’t been able to get a good idea for how Kagome and Matt are gonna meet. One of the reasons I haven’t updated is because I keep getting different story ideas, and it screws up my train of thought. My next story will probably be a Mello/Kagome since this one is Matt/Kagome. ^-^ (or maybe a L/Near/Kagome/Matt/Mello one, but that sounds really hard, and interesting! lol)

“_”- Talking

‘_’- Thoughts

Disclaimer: i don't own death note or inuyasha

------------

The walk home was uneventful and quiet since ‘Ryuga’ left. Her bag was starting to take its toll on her back but Kagome didn’t want Light to carry it because he may feel certain ‘things’ in there that she wished to be kept secret. Light looked around him, looking for something or someone.

‘It seems Ryuk didn’t follow me today’ Light thought, when Kagome asked,
“Is there something wrong, Light?”

“No, I just thought I heard something, that’s all.” He replied smoothly, lying to her.

Kagome watched as his aura darkened more than it already was, signaling that he was lying. Though she was worried and curious at the already dark aura surrounding her cousin. It was too dark for her liking.

The conversation ended there until they reached the house. Light unlocked the door since nobody else was home.

“The guest room is up here. It’s to the left of mine if you need anything.” Light told Kagome as he showed her to her new room. Thanking him, Kagome excused herself to unpack her belongings.

Light went into his room and was greeted by Ryuk. Quietly, so Kagome wouldn’t hear him, Light said to Ryuk,
“My cousin is in the room to the left of mine so I cannot speak as loud or as much anymore. Plus I have to make sure she doesn’t see the Death Note either, so I need you to warn me if she is close by. Got it?”

“Will I still get apples?” Ryuk asked, after agreeing to what Light said before.
“Maybe.” he replied

“But, but, if I don’t get apples I start acting strange. Its like drugs to me, like alcohol and drugs are to you humans!” Ryuk said frantic. Light was about to reply but was cut off by a knock at his bedroom door.

“Must be Kagome” he spoke out loud to no one. Opening his door all the way open, knowing she wouldn’t be able to see Ryuk, he asked,
“Yes?”
“Um, what time will everyone else be home?” She asked, Now she was even more curious about her cousin, seeing as there was a shinigami in his room. Playing it cool, she decided to make it seem as if she saw nothing.
“Mother gets home in about an hour and Sayu will be home from school in 30 minutes.”

“What about Uncle Soichiro? When will he be home?”

“I doubt he will be home any time soon, or a couple of days since he’s working on the Kira Case.”

“He’s working on the Kira Case? It’s too dangerous!” Kagome almost yelled
“It’s his job to do dangerous things, it’s what he’s paid for, Kagome, you can’t change it. I don’t like it that much either.” Light told her, very serious at the moment.

Upset, Kagome left back to her room. Collapsing on the bed, she fell asleep.

-Time-Skip/About-2-or-3-Hours-Later-

The constant knock on the door was what woke Kagome from her nap. Groaning, she got up to see who disrupted the most peaceful sleep she had in months. Sayu, who came up to around Kagome’s shoulder, was at the door.

“So, your Kagome. I’m Sayu, momma told me to tell you dinner was ready now.” with that said, she left, dragging Kagome down stairs with her. The smell of oden reached Kagome’s nose when she entered the dining room.

“Kagome! Its been forever it seems since I last saw you!” greeted her aunt, while giving her a HUGE bear hug. Everything just seemed so awkward for Kagome at the moment.
“H..hey, Aunt Sachiko. How have you been?” Kagome asked hesitant
(this happened to me today. I had to re-meet two of my aunts from my dad’s side of the family, and I didn’t know whose name was what. -.-)
“Oh, I’m fine, dear. What about you? Your mother said you were going through a hard time lately.”
‘Mom! You just had to tell her. Now I’ll end up with someone constantly watching my every move. Great.’ Kagome thought, slightly annoyed.

“Its nothing. Im fine, really.”

“Are you sure?” Sachiko asked, worried

“I’m sure.” Kagome said to reassure her Aunt.

Dinner was over quickly, well, that’s what Kagome thought. Gathering some dirty dishes, Kagome helped washing and putting them away.

“Did you enjoy dinner, Kagome?” Sachiko asked her, “I wasn’t sure if oden was still your favorite dish any more. You loved it when you were younger. It was hard for your mother to get you to eat anything else besides it.” she laughed,

“Yes, it is still my favorite dish, aunty. It was wonderful. Thank you for fixing it for me.
Kagome went to bed early, especially since the schedule she had set for the next day, would be a semi busy one.

-Scene-Switch/Elsewhere-


“………………Ask them if they wish to join me in this investigation. Their skills could come in handy.” the man said into the phone, which was held at a distance from his ear. (can you guess who? You should be able to.)

“Yes, of course. I’m pretty sure they will accept. If they do they will arrive in about a day.” was the answer he received.

“Thank you , and good bye.” was the last thing the man said before he hung up the phone.