Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Some Things Never Change ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: This chapter will probably be shorter than I would like. I’m starting to get sick. I know what I want to write but I just can’t seem to get it down on paper. Oh, and I’ll be getting a laptop soon, (well, that’s what my mom said to me) so I’ll be able to update anytime I want then.^^

“_”-Talking

‘_’-Thoughts

Disclaimer: i dont own death note or inuyasha.
------------

Kagome woke at about 7:00am. Sachiko was at work, her uncle never came home, and Sayu and Light were at school. Stretching, she rose out of bed and headed to her closet. Gathering an outfit she deemed okay enough for the day, she headed for the shower. Putting her dirty clothes in the hamper, Kagome grabbed her wallet, she went downstairs. On the dining room table was a spare key.

‘Must be for me.’ she thought

Slipping on her shoes, Kagome left for her first destination for the day, to buy herself a cell phone. There were many choices to choose from, but she just wanted something that was sort of plain, small and not too expensive. Kagome ended up buying a Motorola i425, it was actually the smallest phone the store had. Once the phone had been activated, Kagome called her mother and told her the number and that it was for emergencies only.

It took longer than Kagome thought just to hook up a phone and it was now noon, leaving her with a few more hours before the others get home, to go to her second destination: her old agency that sponsored her when she was younger.

‘this will keep me busy during the week since I’m not able to go to school anymore.’ she thought, happy that she didn’t have to worry about falling behind and trying to catch up all the time. (hell, I would be too.)
“I just hope my former agent will work for me again. It just wouldn’t be the same with out her.” Kagome spoke out loud to herself.
‘Should have set up an appointment. This is gonna take forever.’ was the last thing Kagome thought before she entered the Talent Agency. Walking up to the front desk, she asked for the sign up papers. (I have no idea what actually goes on in there) There was hundreds of names on the list. Leaving her new cell phone number, Kagome left and headed back home.

-Meanwhile-While-Everyone-Was-Away-

“It seems you all decided to help me.” L spoke to the three boys in front of him

“Like we’ll pass up a chance like this.” a blond haired boy exclaimed

“Alright. Now, Matt.”

Said boy looked up from the video game he was currently playing.

“You and I will be setting up cameras in two houses. Now. The first house will be the Yagami’s since everyone is out of the house right now.”

Cameras were put everywhere. As the car pulled away, Kagome came walking around the corner. She tested the door handle to see if any one else was home, but it was locked. Pulling out her key, she unlocked the door, and immediately went to her room. Sitting on the bed, she started thinking some things over.
Hours went by, but it only felt like minutes to Kagome. You could now hear movement in her cousins room. He was strangely silent, but Kagome could hear someone talking and it wasn’t Light. Listening intently, she could her someone saying that the room had cameras hidden in almost every angle of the room.
‘If Light’s room is bugged, then my room and all the others in the house are too. I need to be careful and make sure I don’t slip up and accidentally say something about the past. Oh, man, they probably bugged the phones too. Well, at least they didn’t get my phone.’ Kagome thought, frowning slightly, not too happy about the thought of people constantly spying on her, but at least they wont be able to spy in on her conversations on the phone.

-Elsewhere-

“Well, they don’t seem to be doing much. Especially the girl.” the blond male said,
“What do you mean?” Matsuda spoke up, causing Matt to look up from his games to look at the girl.
“Mello’s right. She’s not really doing much. Which is something you wouldn’t expect from a girl.”

“Not everyone is the same.” said the boy on the floor playing with his toys. He had white hair, and was dressed in all white. If someone saw him at night they probably would’ve thought he was a ghost.

“Shut up, Near. No body asked you to add your two cents into the conversation.” Mello sneered
Ignoring Mello, Near spoke again, “It seems she is thinking hard about something.”

Soichiro entered the room, and looked upon the screen. Not recognizing Kagome, he asked,
“Who is that?”
“Dude, that’s your niece.” Matt told him ‘and a fine looking one at that’

“Kagome?” he asked uncertain. Then he became angry, “You’re watching my niece! Why!?”
‘Why wasn’t I told Kagome was coming to visit? How long has she been here already?’

“Because I am curious about her.” was the only answer he got from L

-The-Yagami-Household-

Dinner was quiet. Light was acting strange, and the shinigami was standing behind him, begging for an apple. He reminded her of Inuyasha and his Ramen, she couldn’t help but watch from the corner of her eye and snicker quietly. No one heard her, well except for the shinigami, that is.

After helping wash up, Kagome returned to her room, just as her cell phone was ringing.

“Hello?” she asked,

“Is this Kagome?” was heard on the other side,

“Yes, this is she. Can I help you?”

“Yes, I am to inform you that your meeting will be tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow? That soon?” Kagome asked, surprised, “What time?”

“Noon, if possible.”

“Thank you, good bye.”

‘I can’t believe that the meeting will be tomorrow. That was really fast work.’

Kagome didn’t sleep that well. Nightmares of the final battle kept appearing. By the time she actually fell into a sleep without bad dreams, it was an hour before she had to get up and ready. Sighing, she got up anyways. Today, she decided to just wear a light blue sundress. Her aunt was the first to leave as usual. Next was Sayu, then Light and herself at the same time.

“I need a new guitar.” Kagome said to herself so she headed to the music type stores. It took her four stores, until she found one that caught her eye. It was a white, with black in the middle. When she picked it up, it felt like it was made for her. Buying a case to hold the guitar, she left for the Talent Agency for her appointment.

It was simple. All she had to do was tell a few details about herself. When she mentioned she was Kai, she was accepted almost immediately. Well, she did have to perform a short snippet of on of her songs, to prove herself to them.

‘Now I won’t be as bored during the day.’