Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Some Things Never Change ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: This one will probably be super short as well. I’ve got like, 2 hours left to write before I have to leave for my dad’s.

“_”-Talking

‘_’-Thoughts

Disclaimer: i dont own death note or inuyasha
-----------

Kagome listened to the voice inform Light that the cameras were gone. Just to make sure, Light told them to check the whole house. Kagome watched as the shinigami floated thought the wall separating their rooms to check for the cameras. And just as fast as he was in there, he was gone. Now sitting against the headboard of her bed, she listened to the conversation in the next room.

“Light, the cameras have been removed from the whole house except for the girl’s room to the left of you.” Ryuk said.

‘Why would they leave the cameras in Kagome’s room only?’ Light thought.
“Well, at least it isn’t my room that’s bugged anymore.” he spoke aloud

‘My room is the only one still bugged? But why?’ Kagome thought confused. It was so confusing. Why would they leave the cameras in only one room? And hers at most. Why do they need to watch her?

-Time-Skip/About-a-week-later-

Light had been missing. He hasn’t come home. They say that the two who were suspected as the second Kira, and the original Kira were captured. Was Light one of them?

-Time-Skip/another-week-passed-

Kag. P.O.V.

We finally got word of Light, and it turns out he is helping with the Kira case with Uncle. The house has been empty without him. Mother calls, daily, to check up on me and to inform me to what goes on with the family. She usually calls around at 7:00pm , but today she hasn’t. maybe she’s just busier.

It was around 9:00pm when I finally received her call. When I answered, her voice was frantic.

“Hello?” I asked

“Kagome! It’s Souta!”

“What’s wrong with Souta?” I was worried. Something really bad must have happened to Souta, to have momma this upset.

“He’s gone! Kidnapped!”

“Kidnapped? By who? When did it happen?”

After she said this, in the headquarters, the volume on the cameras were turned almost all the way up.

“I don’t know! There was this note! I-” I cut her off.

“Momma, I’m gonna put you on speaker phone okay. So I can get prepared while you talk.”

“Yes, I opened the letter that was left, and it specifically said for you to meet them at the warehouse about, I think 3 miles from where you are.” momma said,

‘three miles’ I thought

“Okay, momma, everything is going to be alright. I’ll take care of everything.”
Going into the closet I pulled a medium sized bag, that held my weapons, and fighting clothes.

“B…but Kagome! Its too dangerous! You’ll get hurt. Just leave the police to it.”

“No, I cant. They wanted me, and if anyone else shows up, they’ll kill him. Plus momma, I’m about to do what I do best: Kill, and Rescue.” hanging up on her, I continued to get ready. I didn’t care that whoever who was watching saw what is was doing. Souta was more important.

In my bag was a sword and two handguns with tons of clips. My outfit was simple, loose black cargo pants, with a fighting kimono for a top. I strapped the sword onto my back, and put the clips into the pockets on the sides of my pants for easy grabbing. I put one handgun into the front of my shirt, and the second in the waist band of my pants. With my cell phone in hand, I jumped off the balcony connected to my room.

-Headquarters-

Jaws were dropped. The seemingly innocent girl they had been watching, pulled weapons that they didn’t know about and jumped off a balcony. It was much worse for Light and his father. This person was family, and they were dangerous.

“Find all the warehouses that are around 3 miles from the Yagami house now!”

In total there were only two. Handing Mello and Matt a video camera, L said, “Mello, I want you and Matt to spy on them. Take this camera, it will give us live feed, so we’ll be able to see what happens, when It happens.”

The first warehouse they checked was the wrong one, so they headed to the second one. By the time they got there, the discussion had already started, so they snuck up to the second level for a “birds eye view”.

“What do you want from me?” Kagome all but growled out at the man across from her.

“You know what I want.” he said in return