Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Some Things Never Change ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: whenever I was at school, I would go on my phone and look at my reviews. It made my day, when the reviews skyrocketed. But any who, I should have at least two more chapters, (I’ve been writing this instead of doing class work, hehe) This chapter gets kinda hectic and wild, but that’s just cause I was bored and wanted some sort of action in it, even though it seems cruel. I’ve also noticed that I forgot to put disclaimers in some of my chapters….oops. So this is for all the missed and future chapters:

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or death note. They belong to their original creators! (which really sux)

“_”-Talking

‘_’-Thoughts
-------------

It was dark. Too dark. She could only see the outline of the man’s body.

“The Jewel? Is that what your after?” Kagome asked

“What are you talking about? What jewel would I be after?” He asked confused by her words

‘He’s not here for the jewel?’ She thought surprised, then she spoke up,
“Then what do you want! And where is my brother!?”

The man shifted, instinctively, Kagome reached for the gun in the waist band of her pants.

“You really want to know?” he asked taunting her

“Yes” she spoke calmly

He chuckled, “I wanted to make you have a heart attack.”

-With-L-

“A heart attack?” L asked, ‘Is this another Kira? If so, then why would Kira be targeting Miss Higurashi?’ he thought confused

-With-Mello-‘n‘-Matt-(then Kag.)

“A heart attack? Like Kira?” Mello whispered to Matt, who just shrugged his shoulders in reply.

“Like what Kira does?” Kagome asked the man in the shadows. She watched as the man lifted one of his hands to rub the back of his head, when he answered,

“Um……well, I don’t know. I guess so? I’m not real sure about that.” Most of his answer sounded like an answer

‘How can you not know.’ Kagome thought briefly

A look of remembrance would have been seen on the man’s face, that is if you were able to see him. Ignoring Kagome for a moment, he stepped farther into the shadows only to return with Souta tied to a rolling chair. Souta, by the looks of it, was unconscious.

“Give it to me.” His voice was serious. It wasn’t the amused or uncertain tone he used earlier, far from it actually.

“What? Give what? How am I supposed to give you what you want when you don’t tell me!?” Kagome asked confused

She could just picture the sneer on his face as he said, “I said give it to me NOW!”

It felt like everything was happening in slow motion.

The man pulled a gun out and shot Souta in the head. Kagome froze. It wasn’t supposed to end like this. How would she tell her mother she failed? The scene kept going through her head over and over. She couldn’t feel anything as she stared at the now dead Souta with a horrifying look on her face.

‘Souta….’

Minutes passed before the man fell to the floor, laughing his ass off.

“Oh My God! Your face!” he choked out

Now that he was in the light, Kagome could see exactly who it was.

“God dammit Kyo! You and your damn pranks! Agh!”

Walking over to the ‘dead Souta’, Kagome could clearly see that it was a dummy. Fake.

‘I was so caught up in my emotions, I forgot to check his aura. Idiot! I’m so stupid!’ Kagome thought cursing herself

Letting out a sigh of relief, Kagome waited until Kyo was finished laughing. Which took about 10 minutes. (bet you his sides hurt bad….really bad) to pull out her gun, (the one from her waist band) and shove it in his face.
Seeing the serious face She had, Kyo panicked

“Come on Kags. it was just a joke. You know Ha Ha.”
Kagome didn’t even move an inch. Noticing this, Kyo started to sweat.

“Yes, a joke that cost you your life.” was all she said before she pulled the trigger.

Closing his eyes on instinct, Kyo only felt something wet splash on his face. Opening his eyes, he saw Kagome smirking at him. The gun was still in his face. Pulling the trigger again, Kyo was hit in the face with water. Now it was Kagome’s turn to laugh her ass off.

-With-L-&-Others-

‘All this was a joke!’ Light thought, which also happened to be the same exact thoughts of the rest of the investigation team.

“Soichiro.” L spoke

“Yes?”

“I wish for you to pick up Mello and Matt, then Miss Higurashi. Then return here with all three of them.”

-With-Kag.-

“So, how’d you pull off that fake phone call?” Kagome asked Kyo, now that they were done laughing. “Eh. I’ve got my connections. Just like you have yours. Well, it’s pretty late. I guess it’s time to go home. I’ll see you at recording.” with that said, Kyo left.

----------

Two more blocks and she would be home. Or it was until a car pulled up and someone pulled her in.
‘Jeez, it’s always either being attacked or kidnapped. Man, some things never change.’ was what Kagome thought in the back seat of her kidnapper’s car.

Her attention was solely on the driver. Getting a closer look, Kagome shouted

“Uncle!”