Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Some Things Never Change ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: just ordered my class ring and that damn thing cost over $300 and I was trying to get the cheapest one too. Oh well.

“_”-Talking

‘_’-Thoughts

Disclaimer: don’t own Inuyasha or death note. Or any video games mentioned. (final fantasy mainly)What a drag.

----------------

The shout caused Soichiro to swerve into the other lane and almost caused them to get hit by an 18 wheeler.

‘Whew, that was a close one.’ he thought as he looked into the rear view mirror at his niece. She was sitting in between Mello and Matt. Mello was on her left, wearing his usual attire of leather, but wasn’t eating chocolate for once. (my god the world is gonna end ^^) Mello was too preoccupied yelling at Kagome to notice that someone was looking straight at him.

“God dammit girl, why don’t you make us all deaf!” he yelled at the girl beside him.

Matt, who was on the right of Kagome didn’t even bat an eyelash. Probably because he was too caught up in his video game to notice. He too, was wearing his usual attire. His red and black striped long sleeve shirt with a cream colored vest over top of it. The gloves on his hands reached his elbows and were the same color brown as his boots.

Ignoring the two attractive males beside of her, Kagome watched the cars go by until she was interrupted by her uncle who spoke up and said, “So, Kagome. How come no body told me you were visiting?” he asked her.

“No one told you? Heh, well you know now. It was probably because of the new case you’re on right now and never came home to find out.” the conversation ended there, that was, until Kagome spoke again.

“So. Um, where we goin’?” she asked curious. Pausing for a second, she continued, “Are we going to get ice cream?” (a/n: sorry, I’m really craving ice cream right now)

“No” was the quick answer she got in return.


“Aww, well, where ever we’re going, there better be some ice cream or I’m gonna have a B. F.!” as she spoke this, Mello got a confused look on his face.

“What’s a B. F.?” he asked

Kagome gasped in mock horror, “You don’t know what a ‘B. F.’ is? B. F. is short for bitch fit.” she informed him looking oddly proud.

A little fact that everyone but Kagome and probably Mello knew was that in the rear view mirror was the camera used in Light and Misa’s ’test’. So everyone was watching.

-headquarters-

When Kagome asked about the ice cream L smiled, but it was gone as soon as it appeared.

“Well, L, it looks like you going to have a run for your money when it comes to ice cream with Kagome. Matsuda snickered to himself.

Misa came bouncing into the room and as soon as she saw Light she had a bright smile on her face. “Light!” she giggled but stopped when she saw what was on the screen.

“Are they being tested too for Kira too?” she asked

“Not exactly, but I am suspicious of Miss Higurashi.” L told her of handily before returning his attention to the screen in front of him.

‘She doesn’t look so special.’ Misa thought. Turning back to Light she asked, “Light how about you go on a date with Misa instead of watching this boring stuff.” Misa giggled again, just at the thought of being alone with Light.

“Um, Misa. Did you forget that I’m CHAINED to L? Anyways, I want to know what happens to Kagome.” Light stated. He was starting to get annoyed. Misa huffed and glared at the female on the screen before leaving the room.

-back-with-Kagome-

When the car stopped, Kagome looked out the window and saw a HUGE building. “We’re going in there?” she asked pointing to the building she was looking at.
“Yeah.” Mello told her before rushing into the building to get some chocolate.
“What’s with him?” she asked Matt. Matt just slung an arm over her shoulders and led her to the door, while replying, “He missed his chocolate.”

“He missed his…..chocolate?” she asked confused. How can someone miss their chocolate…?

“I dunno, you’ll just have to see for yourself.” Matt said as he took all metal objects and put them in a bucket before walking through the metal detector. Next it was Kagome’s turn. Taking off her sword, even though it wasn’t made of metal, but they didn’t need to know that. She put it beside her bucket. Next she removed her water gun and the real gun from her shirt and put them into the bucket, quickly followed by her many clips. Patting her upper half down to see if she forgot anything the others already knew about. Finding none she walked through. Once she realized it didn’t go off, she felt giddy. The daggers in her boots didn’t make the sensor go off! Picking up her things, which the security guard was hesitant to give up but did so anyway.

She walked over to Matt and waited for her uncle. Suddenly she had a thought go through her head. ‘It would suck if a chick had nipple piercing’ she snickered, (a/n: I actually thought of this while I was writing) causing Matt to look at her from the corner of his eye. ‘What’s she snickering about?’ he asked himself, trying to figure out what she found amusing. Feeling that someone was watching her, Kagome turned her head to meet Matt’s gaze. Matt blushed a light pink, not that anyone around them could see it. But she did.

Matt returned his attention back to his game. “What cha playin’?” Kagome asked peeking over his shoulder to see the screen.

“Final Fantasy.” was the answer she got. No detail added to it, just ‘Final Fantasy’. ‘Well that’s a lot of help. There are tons of Final Fantasy games!’ she thought.

“Okay. Which one? There are tons of Final Fantasy games!” she asked him. They were now in the elevator heading towards the main room that held most of the investigation team.
“Third” Matt growled out. He was currently battling two big monsters that had 2500 HP each. “Oh! I played that one before!” she said excited. It was true. Souta had begged her to help him or to play with him a couple of times on that game.

‘I know he was trying to get my mind off of the past’ she thought. Speaking of the past, it was almost her birthday. ‘and the anniversary of my arrival in the past’ she sighed and whispered to herself, “I miss them.”

Her eyes darkened with depression.

“Miss who, Miss Higurashi?” L asked her, causing her to jump. She hadn’t realized they arrived so soon.

“Just old friends.” she paused while thinking ‘Very old friends.’ continuing she asked, “Ryuga?”

“Ah, yes, but you can call me Ryuzzuki, I am actually L.” he said watching her closely like he expected something to happen. “L? Why was I brought here to you?” she asked confused once again.

“Just for…..safety.” he said, quickly replacing curiosity with safety.

‘For safety? From what?’ Kagome asked herself.