Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Some Things Never Change ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own inuyasha, death note or any of the songs in this chappy. But…..I do own Shiva Fujia, Kyo Hatabe, Yuuki Shinseki, and Raiden Nakamura. (oooh and Kyako, I own her too)

-----------

“”-talking

‘& #8217;-thoughts

----------

Matt’s P.O.V

I expected that she would be kept here and not be able to leave without an escort. I guess I was wrong. That Kagome girl kept disappearing almost everyday around the same time. Whenever she would return she would be tired and barely able to speak. I noticed on some occasions she couldn’t move her arms too fast. “What is she up to?” Or “Where does she keep going?” were a couple of the many questions that would go through my head. I may play games non stop but that doesn’t stop me from noticing the things that go around me.

There had been a breakthrough in the investigation. We found out that there were many deaths of major enemy corporations of Yotsuba Corporation. Matsuda and Misa, the fools, went in and recklessly endangered their lives just to gain information. I know its Matsuda’s job but its not Misa. Fools. I looked up from my game. I had long since finished the one I was playing when I met her. Kagome, what a strange name. Perfect for a strange girl.

--(end of Matt’s pov)

It was late. She finally came back only a few hours earlier. Since there was a major breakthrough in the investigation, everyone took tonight as a break to rest and relax. Even L, which was a major surprise to everyone. Kagome was the only one awake. Tomorrow was Friday, and her first concert since she became a singer again. No one in the investigation team besides L, Soichiro, and Light knew about her past as a singer. Going into the main room, Kagome approached the large television screen on the wall. She programmed the system to switch over to the channel when her concert would be playing live. After that was finished she returned to her room for a good nights sleep.

--next day--

When everyone woke up, Kagome was already up and gone. Usually she would stay a couple of hours before she did her daily disappearances. The day passed slowly. There was nothing else new in the investigation and Kagome sill had not returned. Even though she wasn’t around much she still had everyone aware of her and had everyone worried.

“Light. Do you know where your cousin is or where she’s been going to lately?” Soichiro asked his son

“Sorry dad. I have no clue where she’s at or where she’s been going. We should probably try and find out tonight.” Light said to his father.

He was still chained to L, who was currently sitting in his chair in front of the computer. Mello, the blond haired chocolate obsessed boy, had run out of chocolate and left quickly to gather some more. Near, the boy who looked like a ghost at times, was on the ground as usual playing with his toys. Matt, the technological geek was playing his PSP, he had run out of games to play on his Nintendo DS.

-----

The sun was setting and Kagome still had not returned. Misa and Matsuda had returned after one of Misa’s photo shoots an hour earlier. Everyone was caught up in their own thoughts while Matsuda was raving and ranting about it being dangerous for a girl/woman to be out alone at night. Light turned on the news, hoping to drown out Matsuda and to try to find more information for the investigation. What else was there to do? He mentally shuddered at the thought of having to go on a date with Misa.

------

“This is Kyako Satou with channel 7 news at 6:00pm. Our first and most popular story tonight is the return of a famous singer and band. Reporter Shiva Fujia will continue this story live. Tell me Shiva, is it true? Are they back?”

“Is Shiva Fujia reporting live at the concert hall. Yes! You’ve heard right, Kyako. The famous group ‘Aftermath’ has finally joined together again. The one and only band in history that is known for their songs that are under almost every category. Rap/Hip Hop, Alternative, Rock, Pop are just some of the few when it comes to these pros.” Shiva said

--------

As that was said everyone in the room paid close attention to the television. Light and Soichiro paid more attention than the others. “This is why she was disappearing so much, then.” Light said aloud, which no one but L heard.

---------

“As you can see, everyone is eager to see the concert here. The tickets were sold out after a week of being released. I’ve gotten word that 10 lucky people won backstage passes to see the band.” Shiva said, as the lights started to dim in the stands, leaving only the stage lights on. “It seems to be starting. For all those fans who wish to see the concert but don’t have a ticket, turn to channel 243 to see the concert live.--” Shiva was cut off because the channel was changed.

“Did any one program the TV to change channels?” L asked, earning no’s from everyone in the room. ‘Must have been Miss Higurashi then.’ L thought. He didn’t want to change the channel. He had a suspicion that Kagome would appear on the screen soon. Which she did.

--------------

Right before the concert started, Kagome called her mother to inform her to change the channel to 243. Saying she had a surprise for her.

------------

Fog covered the stage. You were able to see shadows, though you were not able to see whose yet. Multi colored lights shone on the stage as the fog dispersed. You could now see 4 people on the stage. 3 males and 1 female.

The female had long blue-black hair, wearing a stripped off the shoulder shirt and a black skirt. On her feet were black boots that went to her knees. Her name(naturally) was Kagome Higurashi, but mainly went by the name “Kai”.

Behind her were two males.

One had short dark blue hair with hazel eyes. He was wearing a grey wife beater that clung to his body like it was skin and baggy black pants, that half way covered the vans on his feet. He was to the left of her. His name was Raiden Nakamura.

The second male, who was on her right had slightly longer hair than the other male. His hair was a deep red with black low lights here and there. His eyes were a bright blue like Kagome’s were. He was wearing a navy blue tee shirt with the sleeves cut off. His blue jeans were faded and resting comfortably a little below his waist. Successfully showing his green boxers. Instead of vans, he had converse shoes on. His name was Yuuki Shinseki.

The final male who was sitting behind the drums had what looked like bleach blond hair in the light. His eyes were grey with flecks of green. He wore a black muscle shirt with wrist bands on his wrists. His pants were tight in the waist but were baggy near his feet. He was wearing chucks. His name was Kyo Hatabe.(1)

Kagome spoke into the microphone causing the crowd to quiet down.

“Welcome! Its been a while. Thank you for coming out. For the new fans my name’s Kagome but I go by Kai.” Kagome said pausing the allowing the rest of her band mates to introduce themselves.

“How’s it hangin’? The name’s Raiden.” Raiden said causing a lot of squeals from many of the females in the crowd.

“Pleasure to be here for you guys. My name’s Yuuki.” Yuuki said. The females in the crowd sighed in response.

Only one person was left. Banging on his drum to gain more attention, Kyo introduced his self. “Wut up! Kyo’s the name and don’t you forget it.” he said before Kagome took control again.

“Well, why don’t we get this party started?” she asked receiving many cheers in response

Nodding to her band mates, they started the first song. Kagome, Yuuki, and Raiden all grabbed their guitars while Kyo got comfy behind the drums.

The first song began.

Sittin' outside, and I'm trying to clear my head again,
Thinkin' that maybe we were better off as friends,
Why do I feel this way?

I'm tryin' my best, but I gotta make you understand,
you don't know the difference, are we lovers; are we friends?

I know I feel this way,
but my head isn't clear enough to be thinkin'
All these thoughts that I'm thinkin',

And my head isn't clear enough, all these thoughts that I'm thinkin'.
Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever make it through,

Knowin' damn well that I'll have to look at you,
See you face to face.

I'm tryin' my best but I gotta make you understand,
you don't know the difference, are we lovers, are we friends?

I know I feel this way, but my head isn't clear enough to be thinkin'
All these thoughts that I'm thinkin',

And my head isn't clear enough, all these thoughts that I'm thinkin'.

Well, I'm thinkin'!

You say we should take another second,
or talk another minute.

You say we don't have to give up so easily.

You say we should take another second,
or talk another minute,

To sit outside and clear out minds!

And I was sittin' outside, and we were tryin' this to understand,
Knowin' damn well that we were better off as friends.

I know I feel this way, but my head isn't clear enough to be thinkin'
All these thoughts that I'm thinkin',

And my head isn't clear enough, all these thoughts that I'm thinkin'.

Well, I'm thinkin'!
Well, I'm thinkin'!
Well, I'm thinkin'!
Well, I'm thinkin'!
Well, don't think! (2)

Without a break they started into the second song.

It started out with no singing. Just the playing of the instruments. Kagome paused in playing her guitar while singing,

Heaven knows, the devil’s told
Everything on you is getting out of control
I see your fist, raised up and clinched
I know you better than this

Kagome picked up in playing her guitar before pausing again. Leaving only Yuuki and Raiden playing theirs while Kyo banged away on his drums.

Don’t hold your breath
Just get as far away as you can possibly get
I know you better than you
I’m takin’ my time cause I got nothing to do

Kagome picked up in playing her guitar before pausing again. Everyone stopped for a second before starting again without Kagome.

Wait a minute something’s wrong
I know it won’t take long
Let’s burn a hole into the sky
And take a look into God’s eyes

Kagome picked up in playing her guitar before pausing again.

I know it don’t seem right
But it won’t take all night
I’m not tryin’ to save the planet
I just don’t like this noose I’m hangin’ from

Kagome picked up in playing her guitar before pausing again.

Red faced, short breathed
Yeah Im takin’ it all until there’s nothing left
For you to prove
Yeah I’m takin’ my time cause I got nothing to do

Kagome picked up in playing her guitar before pausing again.

Wait a minute something’s wrong
I know it won’t take long
Let’s burn a hole into the sky
And take a look into God’s eyes

Kagome picked up in playing her guitar before pausing again.

I know it don’t seem right
But it won’t take all night
I’m not tryin’ to save the planet
I just don’t like this noose I’m hangin’ from

Kagome picked up in playing her guitar before pausing again.

Why don’t you make up your mind
Why don’t you make up your mind
Why don’t you make up your mind
Why don’t you make up your mind
Why don’t you make up your mind
Why don’t you make up your mind

It was Yuuki’s guitar solo now. He was the only one playing.

Wait a minute something’s wrong
I know it won’t take long
Let’s burn a hole into the sky
And take a look into God’s eyes

Kagome picked up in playing her guitar before pausing again.

I know it don’t seem right
But it won’t take all night
I’m not tryin’ to save the planet
I just don’t like this noose I’m hangin’ from (3)

------------

They continued playing their last notes before finally closing the song.

The third song was right before the break.

In this song Kagome was the only one who wasn’t playing her instrument. Only singing.

All the things she said
All the things she said

Running through my head
Running through my head
Running through my head

All the things she said
All the things she said

Running through my head
Running through my head

All the things she said

This is not enough

I'm in serious shit, I feel totally lost
If I'm asking for help it's only because
Being with you has opened my eyes
Could I ever believe such a perfect surprise?

I keep asking myself, wondering how
I keep closing my eyes but I can't block you out
Wanna fly to a place where it's just you and me
Nobody else so we can be free

All the things she said
All the things she said

Running through my head
Running through my head
Running through my head

All the things she said
All the things she said

Running through my head
Running through my head

All the things she said

This is not enough (more, more)
This is not enough

And I'm all mixed up, feeling cornered and rushed
They say it's my fault but I want her so much
Wanna fly her away where the sun and rain

Come in over my face, wash away all the shame
When they stop and stare
- don't worry me'Cause I'm feeling for her what she's feeling for me
I can try to pretend, I can try to forget

But it's driving me mad, going out of my head

All the things she said
All the things she said

Running through my head
Running through my head
Running through my head

All the things she said
All the things she said

Running through my head
Running through my head

All the things she said

This is not enough (more, more)
This is not enough

All the things she said
All the things she said
All the things she said
All the things she said
All the things she said
All the things she said
All the things she said

Mother looking at me
Tell me what do you see?
Yes, I've lost my mind

Daddy looking at me
Will I ever be free?

Have I crossed the line?

All the things she said
All the things she said

Running through my head
Running through my head
Running through my head

All the things she said
All the things she said

Running through my head
Running through my head

All the things she said

This is not enough (more, more)
This is not enough (4)

-----------------

When the break started it went to a commercial. Everyone at the headquarter except Soichiro and Light were shocked. The girl that most of them were worried about was right on the screen in front of them.

“Damn. She’s good.” Mello said munching on a piece of chocolate.

As the commercials came to an end the concert was once again on.

--------------------

“Okay guys. Sadly this concert is slowly coming to an end. Without further interruptions: On With The Music!” Kagome yelled into the mic.

Giving Kagome’s throat a longer break, Kagome and Kyo switched places. Now Kagome was playing the drums while Kyo was singing/playing the guitar.

I'm so addicted to
All the things you do
When you're going down on me
In between the sheets

All the sounds you make
With every breath you take
It's unlike anything
When you're loving me

Oh girl lets take it slow
So as for you well you know where to go
I want to take my love
And hate you till the end

It's not like you to turn away
From all the bullshit I can't take
It's not like me to walk away

I'm so addicted too
all the thingsYou do
when you're going down on me
In between the sheets
All the sounds you make
With every breath you take
It's unlike anything
When you're loving meYeah I know when it's getting rough
All the times we spend
Trying to make this love Something better than
Just making up again

It's not like you to turn away
All the bullshit I can't take
Just when I think I can walk away,

I'm so addicted to
all the things
You do when you're going on me
In between the sheets
All the sounds you make
With every breath you take
It's unlike anything

I'm so addicted to
the things you do
When you're going down on me
All the sounds you make
With every breath you take
It's unlike anything

When you're loving me

When you're loving me

How can I make it through

All the things you do
so addicted to all the things you do
When you're going down on me
In between the sheets

All the sounds you make
With every breath you take
It's unlike anything

It's unlike anything

I'm so addicted to
All the things you do
When you're going down on me
All the sounds you make
With every breath You take
It's unlike anything

I'm so addicted to you
Addicted to you (5)

The girls in the crowd squealed loudly at hearing Kyo sing. Kagome thought she was going to be deaf after tonight.

Quickly they entered into a different song. Kagome and Kyo switched back into their original places.

(Kagome)

(Verse 1)

I see your dirty face
High behind your collar
What is done in vain
Truth is hard to swallow
So you pray to God
To justify the way you live a lie
Live a lie
Live a lie

And you take your time
And you do your crime
Well you made your bed
I'm in mine(Chorus)
Because when I arrive
I, I bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock

(Verse 2)
Now the son's disgraced
He, who knew his father
When he cursed his name
Turned, and chased the dollar
But it broke his heart
So he stuck his middle finger
To the world
To the world
To the world

And you take your time
And you stand in line
Well you'll get what's yours
I got mine

(Chorus...)
(Verse 3: Yuuki)
Yeah!
Wayne's world
Planet Rock
Panties drop
And the tops
And she gunna rock 'til the camera stop
And I sing about angels like Angela (rock)
And Pamela (rock)
And Samantha (rock)
And Amanda (rock)
And Tamara (rock)
Manger Moi (6)

in here like bitch
what's up, Mechanic, me, I can fix you up
I can fuck you up
I can fuck you down
Shorty we can go wherever just pick a town
And the jewelry is louder than an engine sound
Big ass rocks like off the ground
Dirty like socks that’s on the ground
Weezy

(Chorus)(x2)

Just Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock

(Yuuki)
I’m back like I forgot somethin’
I’m somethin’
Rulin’ Rock rubbin' rap
runnin'Miles like I'm trying to get a flat stomach
Like Wayne the personal trainer
My aim is perfect
I'll bang ya
Period, like the remainder

(Kagome)
I wish I could be
As cruel as you
And I wish I could say
The things you do
But I can't and I won't live a lie
No not this time(7)--

The concert was over now. The bad wasn’t able to leave until an hour later because of the 10 people with the backstage passes. Once they were gone they left to go celebrate. Kagome didn’t get home until the next morning. You could smell the alcohol on her breath. With help, she finally made it to her bed. She passed out before she even hit the mattress with a smile on her face.

-----------------------

(1) the "stanger" from chapter 7 named kyo. killed the "fake" souta

(2) Tryin' to Clear my Head by Saving Abel

(3) In God's Eyes by Saving Abel

(4) All the Things she Said by T.A.T.U.

(5) Addicted by Saving Abel

(6) Manger Moi means "eat me"

(7) Let it Rock by Kevin Rudolf feat. Lil Wayne