Demon Diary Fan Fiction ❯ Insert Witty Title Here ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Still no title
Chapter Two- In which every dog has his day; this just isn't it
Erutis opened her eyes with a sharp intake of breath.
The same blue eyes from the night before, staring at her, staring…
Her first thought?
Put a gun to the bastard's head and move.
Then she realized…
They were in a bed, a nice one. Dark blue covers, a black canopy overhead. Warm, soft pillows, warm sheets curled around her legs. Beyond that: grey walls, ancient bookcases. Old, antiques…
Expensive…
“You were the one, weren't you?”
His voice brought her back to reality; she gazed back at him, her eyes defiant.
Play innocent.
“You're babbling,” she said crossly. Instinct told her to get up and move before whoever placed them there got back. But her tired body decided the bed was too warm to even think about moving.
“Why else would you have dragged me with you?”
…Damn.
She was starting to slip. Slowly, her hand reached to her boot, to the knife hidden in her boots. She didn't plan on using it, just threatening people with it.
Her boot was gone.
She blinked, kicking off the covers and lifting up her leg.
…Just skin…
When she noticed…
No longer was she in her street garb. Nope, now she was dressed in some long flowing dress. She grimaced. She hated dresses.
The boy seemed to be ignoring this. “You killed him didn't you?”
“You're a bit annoying,” she snapped. Who had changed her…?
Ugh, just wonderful. This could not get worse.
“Good morning!” came a sing-song voice.
Oh yeah, it could get much worse.
They sat up. A young boy (girl?) stood before them, holding a tray. He was dressed in jeans and a simple shirt, his blond hair pulled back in a bun, stray strands framing his face.
Erutis really hoped this wasn't the guy that had changed her clothes.
“Are they awake?” came a second voice, a much more regal voice. A tall, dark man appeared, long black hair and a deep purple robe.
“I brought you breakfast!” the younger one held up the trays.
“Perhaps,” the dark one said, “We should explain exactly what happened, and they can explain to us exactly how they managed in our garden last night.”
This could get much, much worse.
><>>>><><><><<
Rallies were being held everywhere. All across the country, people were mourning the loss of the great preacher. His flock spent the day with their knees bent and heads bowed, praying for him, for themselves, for the world. Where were they without their priest?
Inside the white and gold building of the great church, priests were running around, getting things ready. One in particular was frantic now, trying to fulfill his instructions given to him by the great priest himself with little luck.
Where had that damn boy run off to?
He checked the usual hiding places. No where. The boy had disappeared.
No, no, no!
There had been a reason they'd kept the boy-Chris- around. They had plans. He had plans.
And now, in the most crucial part, the boy had gone missing.
The priest sat down for a moment, resting his face in his hands.
Why did everything have to go wrong?
><><><><><><><
The girl, Erutis was what she had called herself, sat still, her eyes narrowed, her arms crossed, everything about her defensive. The boy, Chris he'd reluctantly given out, beside her sat casually as if this were some vacation. He played with the bed sheet as Eclipse explained how he'd found them, how he'd dressed them in warmer clothes, and how he'd set them in the room for the night. Now he expected explanations, and they did not seem to want to give any.
Erutis sat silent, her mouth turned down in a frown. Chris looked at her for a moment before shaking his head.
“We were trying to get away from the crowd, and we fell in.”
Erutis turned to him, blinking. Only a few minutes ago had he been (rightfully) accusing her of the murder last night, and now he was making excuses for her?
“Understandable,” Eclipse said.
“Things were insane last night,” Raenef said, already chowing down on his breakfast. “We were there too. Here,” he handed the trays of food to them, “Eat.”
Chris took the food gratefully; Erutis stared at it thoughtfully. Slowly she picked up the spoon and took a bite, eating it cautiously.
“You can eat and be on your way,” Eclipse said. Raenef stared up at him with wide puppy dog eyes.
“Do they have to immediately?” he asked, “I never get friends.”
“They'll have their own business to attend to, as do you.”
He left.
Raenef gave them a long look before getting up and following after, protests on his lips.
Chris turned to the girl beside him, his gaze curious.
“Why?”
She ignored him, closing her eyes and eating her food. “Why what?”
“Why'd you kill him?”
“Who is `him'?”
He frowned. “The preacher. Last night. You killed him.”
No point in denying it. “Yes.”
“Why?”
“Why what?”
He groaned. “Just answer the question.”
“What's the question again?”
He glared at her. She smiled.
“Are you one of his followers?” she asked, stepping cautiously. If she'd pissed this guy off… Well, she had a good bet she could kick his ass, so it might not matter too much.
No!” he spat, his face scrunching together with anger. “I'm glad the bastard's dead. I just want to know why you killed him.”
“What I do is my business. You have no right to know.”
“I think I do.”
“And why is that?”
“'Cause, the man you killed is technically my father.”
Her eyes opened and she turned to him. “You're…?”
“He's not my real father,” Chris rolled his eyes, “And I've always hated him. My family got killed in this huge massacre and he took me in since I was the only one that survived. Some miracle child shit. I never paid much attention when he talked.”
She blinked and turned away, once again concentrating on the food before her.
“So?”
“So what?”
An irritated sigh. He was getting no where with this girl. Whatever her reasons for killing the man, she was not telling. He chewed thoughtfully on his food.
“I wonder if he'll give us back our clothes.”
Her eyes went wide.
Damn.
In her clothes were her weapons.
Shit.
This was not her day.
><><><><><><><
Raenef stepped in front of Eclipse quickly, pouting but defiant.