Devil May Cry - Series Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow May Cry ❯ Shadow Never Cries ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Shadow May Cry!
By Daniel Sargeant
Chapter 1: Shadow Never Cries!
 
A flash of black and red light flew past the aliens as they slaughtered down into pieces. Shadow leaped into the air, withdrawing his sword and ripping out his twin guns, flipping upside down. He began blasting more aliens, whom were leaping up to greet him with scythes. Shadow landed safely, throwing his guns into the air and ripping his sword out once again. He span around and sliced one alien in half. He cut open others as they ran over. He threw his sword at one alien in the distance and caught his twin guns, blasting away at the remained rejected race. Shadow dashed over to his sword, impaled in the still living alien. He withdrew his guns and leaped over the scythes of two aliens. Grabbing his sword, lifting it through the impaled one and turning to block the attacks from he two previous. He pushed their attacks back and landed on the ground. He dashed past them, slicing one in half, kicked the floor, to make him swerve around behind the other one. He drew one gun and placed it on the back of the alien's head as he stopped. Bang!
Shadow withdrew his weapons and jumped over the slumped body into the centre of the death pit.
“Pathetic Creatures!” He spat. “They weren't even a decent challenge.” Shadow walked away from the blood bath into the distance.
 
The City of Station Square was now nothing more than ruins. It all happened two years ago, when Robotnik decided to open the gate to hell.
 
“Ah Hahahaha!!! This is perfect; the void to darkness is in my grasp. Once I open this, I will be a god! In control of all the demons of the planet!” Robotnik walked over to the large metallic ring inside of his hideout. Robotnik plugged a super computer into the gate as well as a power supply. He turned on the machine and watched as it began to open. “Yes! Come out and Let me rule you!” Robotnik began to laugh hysterically, waiting for the void to open.
“Rule us? You?” A voice called. Robotnik quickly shut up and looked into the void. A figure was emerging and Robotnik looked at him.
“Who are you?” Robotnik asked him.
“My name is irrelevant to the dead.” The figure walked out of the gate and stared at Eggman. He was completely black with giant wings and three eyes, one on the forehead.
“Dead! I am alive!” Robotnik protested. “Are you seriously suggesting you going to kill the man who freed you?”
“I guess I can keep you alive for that… but for how long is another story.” The monster said. “Now, please excuse me, I have a world to destroy.” The creature then vanished as if it wasn't there. The Gate had vanished too. Robotnik didn't know what to think.
 
The world went into chaos very quickly. The demon had opened a void in the sky. Very close by was another similar void, only this one was created by a figure whom was thought to be dead, Black Doom. Robotnik had begun his own version of conquest as he sent robots on a rampage. This was truly the age of Darkness.
 
Of course the world saviours had elected themselves into battle to save the world, but they too were slowly falling apart. Shadow was still working by his own rules and wouldn't have left the ark had he not needed to.
 
This world needed a hero… and this time… Sonic might not be enough.
 
~~Two Years Later~~
 
Tails walked through the ruined town she once called a home. She had equipped herself with three weapons. A bazooka with a blade on the front, a broadsword and an Uzi. She knew she wouldn't be able to win by strength alone. Sonic was who knows where and Knuckles wouldn't get off his island. Tails needed to find someone who could help her save the world. Amy Rose had gone crazy ever since Sonic vanished and she kept on blaming Tails out of spite. Shadow was, as far as Tails knew, on the ark. But with those voids in the sky, Tails couldn't get to it. The transported Robotnik once had was gone; Robotnik must have moved it to his new base and without it, Tails couldn't get to Shadow.
Tails stopped walking and cautiously waited. She began hearing noises, like fazing noises. She unstrapped the bazooka from her back and threw it into the air. Pulling out her sword she swung around and sliced open a demon. She leaped backwards and performed a back handspring. A demon burst out form where she was previously standing. Tails threw her sword at it, but before it contacted, the bazooka came down and stabbed it in the head, the creature fell and the sword slid in through the trigger and boom. Both the sword and bazooka again flew into the sky. Tails pulled out her Uzi and blasted away at the Demons appearing. She ducked out of the way of a lethal claw and kicked the attacker in the side, blasting its head off. Tails stood upright, put the gun away and caught the base of the falling bazooka and swung it around, slicing one more Demon in half. The sword, which was still lodged in the trigger, flew out and stabbed a demon straight through. Tails swirled the bazooka onto her shoulder and fired it at a far off set of demons. She quickly spun around and equipped the bazooka back on her back and continued to spin around as she pulled out the Uzi. The bazooka lodged into an oncoming demon and Tails blew its head off. Tails high kicked another one as she spun in the opposite direction to pull the bazooka out of the demon and swoop kick it in the shoulder. Tails blasted at the other demons coming for her. She leaped out of the way of a large sword and flipped over the attack, blowing its head on the floor as she flew over it. She ran over to the dead demon with her sword stuck in it and flipped over it, grabbing the sword as she flipped over. She sliced another demon in half as she landed and stopped the blade of another. She pulled her bazooka around her waist and stabbed it into the side of the attacking demon. She heard it cringe in pain and pushed its sword back, cutting it's head off. She threw the strap of her bazooka over her head and caught it with her free hand, swirled it and threw it at a flying demon, which was then impaled into the wall. She jumped up to it, using her Tails as a propeller to fly to it and landed on the top of it, stabbing the still alive demon. She then pulled out the Uzi and began blasting the remaining demons. Eventually they were all dead and stopped coming. Tails leaped and sat on the side of her bazooka, still stuck in the wall.
“This can't be how it will stay, at least I hope not.” She said. She pulled the bazooka out of the wall and fell to the floor below. She landed safely and continued to walk in the direction she was previously going.
 
Shadow, elsewhere, had bumped into a hamster.
“So, who might you be?” Shadow asked.
“Like I'm going to tell you.” The hamster leaped backwards. “I think you need to go now!” She yelled at him.
“Hmm… you want to fight me?” Shadow asked, drawing his blade. He pointed it towards her. “That's a mistake you're not likely to make again.” Shadow charged her. The hamster pulled out twin spindles and charged Shadow. The two collided in a weapon lock. Shadow was obviously superior in strength. The hamster leaped backwards again. Shadow ran over and leaped into the air, bringing his sword down on her again. She dodged and smashed the spindle into his chin. Shadow back flipped by force away from her. He shifted his entire body out of the way of a spindle the hamster had thrown. Shadow charged her again, but at this point she had already pulled out a third spindle. She waited and as he attacked, smacked his sword away. Shadow quickly pulled it back to block the other spindle. This hamster was proving more than a worthy match for Shadow, which was something he wasn't expecting. Shadow leaped away. “Not bad.” Shadow said to her.
“I'm better than you!” She yelled out.
“I wouldn't go that far!” Shadow yelled back. Shadow ran for her and slid to kick her feet. She jumped, only so much to dodge his attack, but jump back onto him. Shadow grabbed one of her feet, slapped the ground to get up again and then launched her downtown. She collided with the nearby wall and looked up at him. He was already dashing towards her. He threw his sword at her. She got off the wall and kicked the sword into the air, threw one of her weapons after it and the other at him. He kicked that attack away and turned to her. She caught his sword and threw it at him. He shifted to dodge it and caught it, but as he did she threw the second spindle at him. Shadow quickly reacted be moving to the left and slicing it in half down the middle. The girl at this point was above him, coming down with a drop kick. Shadow back flipped onto his hands and their feet collided. Shadow pushed her back into the air and knocked her off balance. Shadow leaped back to his feet, jumped into the air, spun around and kicked her to the floor. She collided hard and it took her a bit longer to recover. Shadow landed in front of her and withdrew his sword. He pulled out a gun and placed it against her head. “Any last words?” he asked, harshly. She didn't reply. Shadow quickly shifted his body to the left to dodge the first spindle that was thrown and looked to see a younger hamster running up to him with the other spindle. The young girl attacked him as he leaped out of the way. “So, there are two of you.” Shadow muttered. The older hamster got up and jumped to the second spindle. Shadow leaped backwards further and spun around, cutting off a loose piece of metal. He caught it and then blocked a front and back attack by both girls. Shadow pushed himself into the air slightly and kicked both girls away. The two fell over on the ground as Shadow landed. The two got back up. “So, are you going to tell me who you are? Or do I have to beat you down a bit more?” The hamsters looked at him. The elder one called over to the younger one.
“Hermana. Over here, now!” she ordered. The younger one ran over; keep a good distance away from Shadow. “I told you to stay put. Why did you come out?” the hamster asked.
“He was going to kill you, mommy!” Hermana cried. The elder hamster looked at Shadow.
“Are you going to kill us?” she asked.
“Do you want me too?” Shadow asked.
“No, of course not.”
“Then I've no reason too.” Shadow tossed the metal bar by their feet and walked away from them.
 
Tails walked through the town. Suddenly the ground began to rumble violently. Tails was thrown off balance and fell over. She watched as the ground in front of her was lifting up. She stood and quickly ran in the opposite direction She took off into the air and landed on the ruins of a building. The ground burst open and a huge dark castle arouse from the rubble. Tails watched as it lifted.
“Now what?” she asked herself. She looked at the top of the castle as it rose and saw a blue blur. “Sonic!” she called. She then saw a red blur, but wasn't sure what it was. “Maybe I should go to Angel Island. Maybe Knuckles knows what's going on.” Tails then took off for the Mystical Ruins.
 
She arrived and looked back on the town and saw it's destructive appearance. She ran towards the cave leading to Angle Island, only to be stopped by a sudden tremor.
“What was that?” She asked. She looked around, but saw nothing. “I wonder if Angel Island has fallen again.” Tails continued to run towards Angel Island. It was true. It had fallen again. She ran over to it and took off towards it. She landed and noticed the M.E was shattered again, either that or someone took it. She dashed up the shrine in search of Knuckles. “Knuckles?” She called. “Knuckles!”
“Over hear…” Said a week voice. Tails looked over and there he was, underneath a pillar that was supposed to hold a chaos emerald.
“Knuckles!” Tails cried as she ran over. She took off the bazooka and used it to lift up the pillar. Knuckles crawled out as fast as he could and Tails let it drop. “What happened?”
“It's been… 2 years of terror… and you can't think what happened?” Knuckles asked sarcastically, struggling for breath.
“But you've defended them off for this long. I want to know what cause you to falter.” Tails replied.
“Fatigue. I've been fighting these creatures none stop. I barely get a break.” Knuckles replied.
“Are you all right?” Tails asked him.
“Not really. I had to shatter the master emerald in order to protect it from being stolen… again.” Knuckles moaned.
“And now we've come to take the chaos emeralds.” Said a voice. Tails looked over to the caller. There stood a black demon like creature.
“Who… who're you?” She asked.
“My name is irrelevant to the dead.” The creature said.
“What?” Tails asked. “Are you going to kill me?”
“That's an option.” The creature replied.
“Who are you?” Tails asked again.
“My name is Flash. The most powerful being in the cosmos, that is, if I have the Chaos Emeralds.” He replied.
“Since Knuckles is defenceless and unable to fight. I will guard those emeralds for him!” Tails yelled. Flash laughed.
“So be it!” Tails leaped down towards him with her sword in hand. Flash knocked her aside like a rag doll. Tails hit the ground hard. She recovered anyway. She pushed herself from the floor.
“Wh… What?” She was about to get to her feet, but Flash leaped on her back. “AHHHH!!!!!” Flash leaped off of her. Tails was in agony. What really happened is after knocking Tails away, Flash shot into the air and back down at about one and a half hundred miles per hour, before colliding with Tails. Tails lifted herself up, but Flash kicked her over again.
“Heh. Pathetic.” He spat as he walked off towards the shrine. Tails stood up again. She wobbled a bit, but walked over to the bazooka still over by the pillar. She slumped over the rock and fell unconscious. Knuckles had hold of all seven emeralds and had used a chant. The emeralds flew into the air and separated. Flash wasn't happy about it either. “You fool!” He yelled at him. He lifted Knuckles by the throat. Knuckles still didn't have the strength to defend himself.
“You think… I'd let you get any of them?” He asked.
“Heh! Trouncing weaklings isn't my style. Listen to me, Knucklehead. You stay out of my way and we're cool.” Flash said. He then threw him down towards Tails and vanished. Knuckles crawled over to unconscious Tails.
“Ta… Tails… Are you… okay?” He asked, before collapsing.