Devil May Cry - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Seeing Through the Person: Dante's Friend ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Dante or Devil May Cry! I own the PS2 Devil May Cry game and I'm to chicken to finish the 1st mission… The Marionettes scare me…. *Looks around room*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dante ran his fingers through his white hair as he studied his surroundings: A vacant town, it was as silent as the grave; the place was dead and dark.

"Can't believe Trish talked me into this." Dante said looking up a hill to a very big Mansion. "This is nothing I had in mind."

~Flash back~

Dante sat in his chair behind his desk sleeping peacefully with a book covering his face. Dante didn't even hear the front door open as Trish entered into the room. Trish removed her sunglasses and looked at Dante, she raised an eyebrow. Trish studied the title of the book, it read: Learning How To Be Nice for Dummies.

"I don't think this is what many people should see the great Devil Hunter act like." Trish said running her skinny fingers through her blonde hair.

"What?" Came a voice from under the book. Dante pulled the book off his face to see Trish shaking her head.

"Pitiful." She said

Dante didn't say anything, all he did was put the book in one of his desk compartments and crossed his arms tightly across his chest.

"What do you want Trish?" He asked

"I came to tell you that some Marionettes and other creatures you fought before getting to Mundus have showed up at a mansion not to far from here." Trish explained looking at the skull of a Death Scissors.

"Which mansion? You mean the one up on the hill? What's it called? Uh… the Lydic Mansion?" Dante asked

Trish nodded her head.

"Plus you have to save the daughter that lives in the house." Trish said putting her hands on her hips.

"WHAT?!?!" Dante shouted his eyes wide.

"The daughter of the Mansion is still in there with the creatures." Trish responded

"Are you talking about my enemies?" Dante said trying to get out of the shock about the rescuing the daughter.

"Yeah, what would I be talking about?" Trish asked

There was a long silence in the room between Dante and Trish. The dim lights flickered in the room giving it a strange eerie look.

"Anyways." Trish said breaking the silence, "The mansion is infested with Marionettes, Sin Scissors, Sin Scythes, Death Scissors, Death Scythes, Shadows, Beelzebub-

"So what your saying is: If I name it they got it!" Dante said interrupting Trish

"That's right." Trish replied

Dante unfolded his arms and looked at Trish.

"I'm only interested in my enemies… not some little girl!" He said getting out of his chair and picking up Alastor, Ebony and Ivory.

"What?" Trish said turning around to have the door slammed in front of her face.

Dante put his hands in his pockets and closed his eyes.

"Me save some girl isn't going to help me! She can take care of herself…. Besides I have no interest of saving the girl." Dante said to himself

"You better save the daughter!" A voice shouted

Dante's eyes shot open as he stared face-to-face with Trish. Flames surrounded Trish's hands.

"You will do that!" Trish said. The flames slowly going away.

"I'm not really inter-

"She might be able to give you a ton of Holy Water!" Trish said smiling at Dante

Dante's eyes narrowed, as he gave Trish the scariest glare he could.

"Fine!" He said through his teeth

Trish smiled. "I knew that would work!"

Dante walked past Trish down to the town that lead up to the Lydic Mansion.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you something Dante!" Trish said turning to face Dante

Dante stopped and turned around and looked at Trish. "What?" he asked

"The daughter…She reminds me of you only shorter and with light brown hair. The reason… you two nearly have the same attitude." Trish said smiling

Dante sighed. "Just what I need!" He said

Dante then turned back to face the town and took in a breathe of air and headed to the town.

~End of flash back~

"Just what I need… a little girl following me!" Dante said pouting like a little boy.

Then Dante heard something. It was the sound of shoes running on the brick ground. Dante glanced around the area trying to figure out which way it was coming from. It was hard to tell since every time the foot hit the ground it echoed. Dante reached into his pockets to pull out his twin guns Ebony and Ivory.

"Let's go." He said turning to his left and taking aim at oncoming shadow.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

What do you think? Please review! (If you liked)