Devil May Cry - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Seeing Through the Person: Dante's Friend ❯ Angel ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Me no own… you no sue!!!!!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dante took aim at the oncoming figure and fired his guns.

"Ow!" Came a small feminine voice.

Dante aimed the guns at the ground and noticed the figure reach into their shirt then throw something.

"What the-

At that, moment pain shot through Dante's shoulder. Sure enough, a blade was sticking out of his right shoulder. Dante put Ebony and Ivory in his pockets and placed his hand on the little hilt of the blade and pulling the blade straight out of his shoulder without even flinching. Enraged Dante threw the little dagger to the ground glaring at the culprit. The figure then walked out of the ally looking at Dante in disbelief. It was a young girl. About thirteen years old. She had a petite figure and had light brown hair and blue eyes.

"DAMMIT KID WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!?!" Dante shouted angrily

"THAT'S FOR SHOOTING AT ME YOU IDIOT!!!" The girl shouted back

Dante and the girl went into a stare down, which then turned into a glare. The girl then stuck her tongue out at Dante then looked away.

"Humph!" The girl said sticking her nose in the air.

Brat Dante thought. He then noticed the girl had a bruise on her left leg and her right leg was bloodied up pretty bad. She also had a hole in her purple sailor dress. Dante knew the hole was probably from the bullet.

"What happened?" Dante decided to ask

The girl glanced over at Dante. "I was attacked!" She replied

"By what?" Dante asked

"Not tellin'!"

Dante glared at the girl. She wasn't making this easy for him.

"For cryin' out loud what happened!?!" Dante shouted

The girl turned to Dante. "If you really want to know I was attacked by three Kyklops. Then chased by five Marionettes." She said staring at Dante.

Dante then noticed a dagger in the girl's hand. It was short and had a medieval sort of look and it was stained with crimson blood.

"Somethin' tells me you got rid of the Kyklops." Dante said looking at the girl. "You better put that blade up. Little girls shouldn't mess with sharp blades." He said

"What?! Listen you I'm not little! I'll have you know I'm thirteen! I'm not some chicken you!!! I'm not afraid of anything!!" The girl snapped

At that moment, something whirled past the girl's head and slammed into the brick wall by Dante. The girl's eyes grew huge. Dante looked at the blade sticking out of the wall.

"Marionettes." He said pulling Ebony and Ivory.

Dante noticed the girl run behind him and hide.

"Who afraid of nothin'?" Dante asked raising an eyebrow

"Shut up!" The girl snapped as she glared at Dante

Dante then brought his attention to the group of Marionettes heading straight at Dante and the girl. Dante took aim and fired at the Marionettes. Some Marionettes walked through the shower of bullets while some fell to the ground. The girl then pulled out her medieval dagger and threw it at a Marionette that was advancing on them. The dagger slammed right onto the forehead on the life-like doll and hit the ground with a -thud!

"Yes!" The girl said with excitement rushing through her.

"Good job…. Now how you goin' get you blade back?" Dante asked continuing to fire the twin guns.

The girl's eyes widened, she had forgot about that. The girl slapped her forehead.

"Stupid, stupid, STUPID!" She said hitting her forehead again.

Then the sound of guns being fired stopped. The girl looked up to see Dante put his guns down. Nothing, but multicolor cloth covered the ground. The Marionettes were gone. The girl peered from behind Dante and ran to pick up her dagger that lay on the brick ground.

"Thanks for the help Mr… Uhh who are you?" The girl asked looking at Dante

"Dante." He replied

"Dante…. Your name means `Everlasting'!" The girl said smiling at Dante

Dante looked at the girl.

"How did ya get here? Everyone got up and left!" Dante said looking around the town.

"I was stuck in my bedroom!" The girl replied

Dante raised an eyebrow. "You were stuck in your bedroom?" He wondered

The girl nodded her head. "I was stuck in my bedroom cause there were 2 Marionettes behind my front door and 3 Kyklops hiding under my bed!" She explained

Dante listened wandering where this girl was the whole time instead of being stuck in her bedroom.

"What's your name kid?" Dante asked interrupting the girl

"My name is not important right about now!" The girl said placing her hands on her hips.

"Ok… Anonymous!" Dante said

"ANONYMOUS!?!?" The girl shouted

"Then what do you want me to call you? `Princess'?" Dante asked

"Princess sounds like a bratty name! I DON'T WANT THAT NAME!!" The girl shouted

Not to mention bitchy! Dante added in his head

The girl glared at Dante. "Can you come up with a better name?" she asked

Dante crossed his arms across his chest.

"Ok… Angel!" He said

"ANGEL?!?!?" The girl shouted

"GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?! IF YOU DO… DO YOU WANT ME TO CALL YOU LITTLE DEVIL!?!?!" Dante shouted back

"Heck no!!" The girl shouted

"Good!" Dante said

Angel looked away from Dante. "Where are you from?" She asked

"Something tells me you don't know much about this place. I live down there." Dante said pointing to the town.

"I live up there!" Angel said pointing to the Lydic mansion

"What? You live up there!?!?" Dante asked

"Yep! You see the room with the light still on? That's my bedroom!" Angel said putting her hands behind her back.

"How do you live there?" Dante asked looking at the girl

"That's my home! I'm the owner of the mansion!" Angel said with a cute smile on her face.

Dante looked at the mansion and pulled out Ebony and Ivory.

"Better get going!" He said walking up to the hill.

"What? You're going to the mansion?" Angel asked

"Yeah! You comin'?" Dante asked looking at the girl

Angel shook her head. "No way! I'm staying here! I don't want to see those evil dolls!" She snapped

"Ok!" Dante said turning around and heading to the mansion.

The place grew quiet and still. Angel looked around the town and at the pieces of Marionettes that lay on the ground. Angel began to miss the fight between her and Dante and the peaceful conversation made her calm, but when Dante left, she began to feel uncomfortable. Angel placed her hands on her arms and glanced around the town again. The wind howled which caused one of the Marionettes mouth to open. Angel happened to see that at the moment and a chill went down her spin. Angel then looked at the direction Dante went and swallowed a bunch of air.

"WAIT UP!!!" She shouted as she ran the same direction.

It didn't take Angel a long time to catch up to Dante.

"Chicken!" Dante said

"Numbskull!" Angel snapped back.

Angel and Dante didn't speak to each other as they headed up to the Lydic Mansion.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Plaese review!!