Digimon Fan Fiction / Fatal Fury Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ THE BOYZ ❯ TK VS Terry - Angel VS Wolf ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
THE BOYZ, by Robster80
Part 9: TK VS Terry - Angel VS Wolf

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters.

Previously (TK): Ryoga got a big shock when Ranma showed him just how much he had improved in both strength and skill, and then got his Jusenkyo curse revealed not just to the audience at the Tournament, but also to viewers watching on TV. This included Akane and her family, who finally realized that Ryoga had been moonlighting as her pet piglet, P-Chan. Meanwhile, Piccolo and Colonge argued their cases concerning Ranma's engagement to Shampoo to Dende, but the new Kami-sama decided to withhold judgment until he hears Ranma's side of the story. Now, it's time for the last of the semi-finals: Terry Bogard against me. This is gonna rock...


No one at the Ishida apartment expected anyone to come barging through the door. Especially not five teenage girls with different hair colors and styles. The first girl to enter had short blue hair and was holding a spare key to the apartment.

Mr. Ishida looked at her, and smiled a bit. It was his sister's daughter, Amy. "Hello, Amy. Aren't you and your friends supposed to be studying?"

Amy rushed over to the group and then pointed at the TV. "Uncle, why on earth is TK participating in that tournament?! Mother calls me at my friend Raye's house while we were studying and screams at me to turn on the TV, and I find TK fighting Joe Higashi!" As she paused to get her air back, she nodded at her relatives. "Hello, Matt, Aunt Nancy, Aunt Bulma, Uncle Vegeta."

Vegeta gave Amy a half-smile. "TK's just fine. He's advanced to the semi-finals and is about to take on Terry Bogard."

Lita, the tall girl with the brown ponytail, blinked at this. She faced Ami and said, "I thought you said TK was a basketball player, not a martial artist."

"Well, I have been out of touch with him in a while..."

"You definitely study too much, Amy."

Amy looked away and huffed. "I'll have you know that I spend as much of my time with my new boyfriend as I do studying and hanging with you guys."

At that moment, the TV announced the beginning of the match. Kari, as did Amy, Sora, and Tai, silently prayed TK had as much success this time as he did in his earlier match.


****************************************************** **************************


There was an awed hush over the crowd. The referee had backed out of the ring as the two contestants faced each other. Neither spoke a word.

Mr. Satan leaned forward a bit to get a better look. He had never seen Terry Bogard fight before the tournament, but respected him as a fighter on account that he was the heir of the Hakiyokuseiken School. Whenever asked about Terry's techniques, Mr. Satan would reply, "Never doubt the abilities of fighters of Hakiyokuseiken."

They stood only a few feet from each other, waiting to begin. Both got into their respective stances, which almost seemed identical.

"Don't underestimate that kid," Joe Higashi yelled from the sidelines to Terry.

Terry already knew this, of course. After all, he had seen TK fight, and chatted with him a bit between matches. He stuck out his hand to the teen. "No matter what happens," he said, "Let's have fun."

TK gladly shook on it. "Win or lose, it'll be an honor to throw hands with you, sir."

Once they unlocked hands, they both jumped back and got into their respective fighting poses.

"Let 'em have it, TK," Ranma called from his bench.

Quatre, Chi-chi, Gohan, and Vash just sat silently, looking down at the arena. Most of them knew how excited TK was at a chance like this: meeting and fighting Terry Bogard. He had trained very hard to get this far, and there was seemingly no stopping him now.

[I wonder if the gang or my family is watching me now,] TK thought.

[I wonder how Andy's doing,] Terry thought.

"BEGIN!"

At that cry, both fighters snapped forward. The match was underway.

"BURN KNUCKLE!"

"CRACK SHOT!"

TK's glowing fist connected with Terry's flaming foot, causing a bright flash that lasted for a second. Sparks flew from the contact between techniques. The crowd gasped, looking on as the two broke off, then resumed fighting with their fists and feet.

It appeared to be a stalemate. Both fighters matched each other move for move. Where a kick or punch tried to go, it was blocked or dodged. However, they were not using their ki attacks since the opening blows.

Gohan somewhat fumed at this. TK wasn't fight all-out, or else this would have been over by now. He had been trained by Gohan and Piccolo to be faster than this. [Don't get overconfident, TK. You're good, but Terry Bogard's been training for years, unlike you.]

However, TK was not being overconfident as he fought. He was simply trying to be fair. Terry wouldn't be able to keep up if he used his full potential, and TK wanted to give him a good chance of winning.

Suddenly, Terry got down low, almost onto his back. Then, he kicked his legs up as he jumped and cried, "RISING TACKLE!"

He was about to come back down and land both knees into TK, but saw that TK was launching up after him. TK's fist glowed as he threw it upward. "BURNING UPPERCUT!"

Joe winced as Terry took the fist in the chin and fell backward to the arena floor. That had to hurt, in more ways than one. Not only did it stop the Rising Tackle, but was also a revision of the Burn Knuckle. [Who is this kid? Did Terry have a baby or something and didn't tell anyone?]

Terry slowly got back up, amazed that TK was allowing him to do so. His hat had fallen off and was now behind him. A smile formed on his lips. "Nice improvement on the Burn Knuckle," he said before picking up his hat. He then used the back strap to attach it to one of the belt straps on his jeans. "If you can beat me, this cap is yours. How's that strike you?"

This was a surprise. TK had a chance to win Terry's baseball cap. It would definitely be cooler than even his new turban Piccolo gave him. No way could he pass this up. "Dude, you're on!"

"Then let's get serious! BURN KNUCKLE!!"

Terry charged forward, glowing fist leading.

TK's grin faded. "KACHU TENSHIN AMAGURIKEN!!!"


********************************************** **********************************


"What the heck," Akane cried. "When did that guy learn the Amaguriken technique?! I thought that was one of the secret techniques of Shampoo's tribe."

Genma thought about this. "Perhaps Ranma taught it to him. ...Perhaps they're staying together somewhere and they don't want us or anyone else to find them."

"Or perhaps the boy's a fan of Ranma's," Soun added. "At least, I would hope so. With all the rivals and enemies he's encountered in the last two years, Ranma could certainly use more friends."

"What friends," Nabiki asked. "Ryoga hates his guts and wants to kill him, same as Mousse and Kuno, Ukyo wants to be more than his best friend, Shampoo wants to marry him, Cologne sees him as breeding stock for future Amazons, I use him for money, Kasumi hardly pays attention to him most of the time, Hiroshi and Daisuke are more into the weird stuff that happens to him, Happosai just wants to cause him pain and grope his girl-form, daddy couldn't care less about him as long as he marries Akane, his parents don't give a damn about what he feels, and Akane-."

Everyone including Kasumi shouted at Nabiki, Akane being the loudest. "WE GET THE POINT, NABIKI!!!!!!"

Just then, Ukyo burst into the house. "What the hell was Ran-chan doing on TV at that tournament?! Akane, you had something to do with this, didn't you?"

It was Nodoka, trying to regain her composure, who answered. "It wasn't just Akane, Ukyo... it was everyone. Even you... and me..."


****************************************************** **************************


Shampoo sat impatiently. Watching Mr. Popo water his garden was very boring. "When Ranma come? Shampoo miss him so!"

[And he does NOT miss you at all, Shampoo,] Piccolo thought. "Ranma advanced to the finals of the tournament, girl. And the last semi-final match is still going on. So shut up and wait like the rest of us!"

"Do forgive her," Cologne said to both Piccolo and Dende. "She is impatient."

Dende smiled. "As you Earthlings say, it is the curse of youth."

Piccolo went back to concentrating on TK's fight. [Come on, TK! Forget about fighting fair and get this over with! This Shampoo's giving me a migrane.]


*************************************************** *****************************


Ranma sneezed for the fourth time in a row. One of the attendants asked if he was feeling well, and he replied, "Yeah, but I think someone's talking about me or something." He then returned his gaze to the match.

Up in his booth, Mr. Satan was asked several times by the reporter about his thoughts on the match. Finally, he said, "Quiet! Keep watching this and don't bother asking unimportant questions!" He said this while still watching the fight. Even he had to admit: it was a great fight. At least both fighters weren't flying, like the ones from the Cell Games.

"KAMEHAMEHA!!!!"

"POWER WAVE!!!"

Both fighters managed to leap out of the way of the other's ki attacks. The Power Wave drew a line that almost divided the ring in half, and the Kamehameha Wave was sent upward to explode without hurting anyone at the last moment before it could hit the stadium.

Up in the stands, Gohan was still fuming. "Why doesn't TK just go all out and win this match?"

Chi-chi patted her son's shoulder. "He wants to fight fair, Gohan. There's more to martial arts than just winning, you know. TK feels that since he can move at super speed and can fly, he has an unfair advantage against someone like Terry Bogard."

Vash just shook his head. He hated this tournament. "How much longer is this going to take?"

[I guess I'll have to use the ultimate technique Master Tung showed me before he died,] Terry thought quickly. "Get ready, TK! This is a move I haven't used since I fought Geese Howard!"

TK blinked as Terry started to gather ki from the ground he stood on. This was new to him. [What move is this?! When did he learn it?]

"SEMPUKEN!!!!"

TK's eyes widened as Terry vanished in a white whirlwind he created around him. It was heading straight for him, and fast. TK rushed forward to greet it. "BURN KNUCKLE TENSHIN AMAGURIKEN!!!"

Gohan saw this, and cried out to TK. "No, TK, don't go at him head on like that!"

It was too late. The whirlwind pounded on TK over and over before it knocked him out of the ring. He landed face down on the grass with a thud. A familiar and bitter taste was in his mouth. [Dammit!]

Vash, Chi-chi, Quatre, and Gohan stood up. They stared down, hoping TK wasn't hurt badly.

Ranma shot up out of his seat on the bench as he made his way to his fallen friend. "TK!!"


****************************************************** **************************


Kari's jaw fell the farthest out of everyone else's at the sight of TK knocked out of the ring on the TV. She couldn't believe that he had made it to the semi-finals only to lose. [Please be okay, TK! Please, please be okay!]

Sora opened her eyes. She had closed them as soon as TK started to get hit by the whirlwind, wincing as if she could feel TK getting hit. Seeing him lying on the ground on TV made her gasp.

Vegeta sadly shook his head and passed Baby Trunks to Bulma. He knew TK was holding back too much. [He shouldn't have tried to play fair.]

Ami put a hand to her mouth, as several people appeared near TK onscreen.

"HA!"

Davis was standing now. His mouth was open with his widest smile and he was pointing at the TV. "He lost! Serves TJ right! That loser got what he-!"

That was the last straw. Kari whirled around and gave him a right cross that sent him spinning across the room and to the floor near the door. She then rushed over and dragged him by his hair to the door, opened it, and then threw him out with all her anger and strength.

" I HATE YOU," she shouted at him. "I CAN'T BELIEVE I THOUGHT I LOVED A SELF-CENETRED JERK LIKE YOU!! AS OF RIGHT NOW, WE'RE THROUGH! I'M NOT YOUR GIRL, AND I NEVER, EVER WILL BE!! DON'T EVER COME NEAR ME AGAIN!!!"

The door was shut with a hard slam before Kari locked it.

"Hey!"

Still angry, Kari turned and yelled, "WHAT?!"

Vegeta was holding Jun by her hair, standing right behind Kari. "First off, I wanted to throw him out the window. Second..." he pulled Jun in front of him. "You forgot to throw her out as well."

Kari stepped aside. That gave Vegeta room to unlock the door and send Jun flying into Davis before he closed it and relocked it. "And one more thing... Kari, was it?"

"What?"

Vegeta gave a half smile. "You'd make a pretty good Saiyan... if you were one."

At that moment, Raye cried out, "Look! TK's getting up! He's okay."


****************************************************** **************************


Terry, once he stopped spinning, was the first by TK's side before Ranma and the medic team came up. "Keep back, everyone! Give him room to breathe! TK? Are you hurt?"

It took a second, but TK started to push himself up. "...Only my pride," he said softly.

Ranma and Terry helped TK to his feet. The teen wiped the blood from his chin and lip. "Pretty stupid of me, rushing forward like that..."

"Hey," Ranma said with a smirk. "I do that a lot. At least you know better than to do that next time."

Terry nodded. "At least it wasn't a total loss, TK. I did feel some of your hits during my Hurricane Punch. Can you walk?"

TK felt himself being let go of, but he stood well. "Guess I can."

"Good! Then you earned this."

Terry unbuckled his cap from his jeans and gave it to TK.

"What?! But I... I lost to you-!"

"But fought a good match and went out fighting to the end. I had a lot of fun, too. Keep it!"

TK stood aghast, then finally put the hat on his head. "Thank you, Mr. Bogard!"

Terry just smiled.

The announcer then addressed the audience. "Looks like Takaishi's okay! He may have lost the match, but after a match like that, he's definitely a winner in my book!"

Mr. Satan then took a mic to speak in his booth. "My thoughts exactly! I wish to congratulate TK Takaishi on making it this far into the tournament, and hope to see him again in future tournaments!"

As the crowd cheered, TK pulled Terry close to say something. "Just so you know," he whispered. "Ranma has more experience than me. So watch yourself."

Terry gave a wink before TK walked off with Ranma to the benches.

"We'll take a ten minute break before the final match: Ranma Saotome VS Terry Bogard!!!"


************************************************** ******************************


Matt and his parents, as well as the other girls, breathed heavy sighs of relief for TK.

Kari then grabbed Tai's arm and pulled him toward the door. "Come on! Let's get down there before TK goes back to wherever he's hiding at!"

"Good idea," Bulma said. "I'll drive us all down there. My one car's big enough for all of us."


******************************************************** ************************


The shadowy figure grinned. "It is time I revealed myself," he said quietly. "Get ready... Terry Bogard..."



TO BE CONTINUED...


Next: (Terry) Just as the final match begins, this huge, strong guy shows up demanding to fight me. After he easily knocks Ranma out of the ring, we fight. However, he's much too strong for me to defeat. Who is he, and what is his connection to Geese Howard?

Next episode: The Earl of Strolheim