Digimon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Finding the Harem ❯ Aftermath ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: None of the Characters in the Harem belong to us. If they did, we'd be rich and belting out a Harem Anime series ^_^

This is the third installment in the Avatar Series. You MUST have read 'Final Battle' and 'I Would Die For You' to understand what's goin' on. Comprende? Good.

Aftermath Part 1

Two weeks

It had been the longest two weeks of their lives. An yet... their lives seemed so...empty now. Kang sighed heavily and rose his gaze to the sky, his right hand lying on the thick bandages that were still wrapped around his ribs. They still hadn't Healed yet... but somehow, he didn't care about the pain. All he could think about was Lashana and Telca.

Two weeks. It seemed like it had been much longer. Blackwargreymon was still down in the infirmary recovering from what the Demon Highlord had done to him. Beast didn't know if the Digimon would ever emotionally recover... Remy had just been discharged from the infirmary two days ago. He'd locked himself in Telca's room and hadn't been seen since.

Kang clenched his eyes shut and slammed a fist down onto the deck's railing. "Why? Why did you have to go and--" His voice cracked. "...why?"

A commotion in the Kitchen made him turn to look at Beast as the mutant ran into the room, a wild panicked look in his eyes. "What is it?!"

"It's Blackwargreymon! He's gone!"

"WHAT?!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hi! You've reached Lashana and Telca at the Land of the Harem dimension. We're not here-"

"Because we're online! Email us!"

"Telca!" There was the sound of a smack. "ANYWAY. Leave your name and number after the beep and we'll try to get back to you soon!"

*beeep*

Click.

"Hi! You've reached Lashana and Telca at the Land of the Harem dimension--"

Click.

Blackwargreymon stared at the machine for a moment before roaring and throwing it across the bedroom, raising his hands to his face afterwards as he started sobbing uncontrollably. He curled up on the bed, their bed, and pulled her pillow over his face, wetting it with his tears. "Lashana.... Oh Gods I miss you...."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Beast looked at Kang where they stood outside the half open door. "Perhaps we should leave him be."

Kang swallowed thickly and nodded, reaching out to silently close the door the rest of the way, muffling the soul wrenching sobs from within the room.

Beast sighed heavily and turned to head back to his lab. Everyone had felt the impact of Lashana and Telca's deaths, and everyone just couldn't seem to get over it. It was like a wound that wouldn't heal. The emptiness was nearly overwhelming.... "I never realized...how much they had touched us."

Kang glanced at him wearily. "Too bad you realized that two weeks too late."



Three weeks

Mewtwo lay curled up in his hammock. In actuality he hadn't moved from his hammock much in the past three weeks. He had used Recover on himself, so it wasn't that he was too injured to move. He just lacked the will. He just lay there, staring at the far wall. There were no tears anymore, he had cried himself out a week ago. Now only a barren emptiness remained, and it was consuming more and more of him everyday.

A hesitant knock on his door elicted no response, neither did the sight of the teenager that crept into the room.

"Hey...Mewtwo? Dude?" Nightcrawler met the unblinking gaze and shivered at how empty the pokemon's eyes seemed. "Hey... Wolverine wants to know if you're hungry. He's makin'... he's makin burgers out on the grill..."

Burgers were her favorite... He twitched his tail and blinked at the young mutant, noting the emotional exhaustion in the teens eyes. We're going to kill ourselves this way. ~I'm not hungry... but... It would do me good to move around a bit. I'll be out shortly.~ He watched as the teen teleported out of his room, and rolled over in the hammock, starting out the window morosely. Live for you... what's the point when you're not here to make life worth living?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hey. Remy. You in there?" Blackwargreymon rasped, reaching up to rub at his sore throat. He had drained what little remaining strength he had when he had broken down again that morning at the sight of Lashana's favorite t-shirt. But once he had learned that the Cajun hadn't left the room in over a week.... "Remy. Open up. It's Black."

"What you want?"

He sighed and rested his forehead against the door, missing the feeling of the horns on either side of his head. They were gone for good now. In the past three weeks his hair had grown long enough to hide the healing scars, but it just didn't seem the same to him. "Let me in...please..." There was the sound of the door unlocking before it swung open to reveal a ragged looking Cajun. "I miss her too."

Remy winced and closed his eyes at those words, rising a hand to wipe at the fresh tears. "What you want?"

"The same thing you do."

"Never happen, mon ami."

"I'll settle for having some company for lunch then."

Remy sighed and looked up at the Digimon, noting the familiar shadow of loss in his eyes. "Okay."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"I simply cannot believe that mi amiga is....gone..." Malcho closed his eyes and rose a wing to wipe at his tears. "It's so...empty here now. I....I do not think that I can live here any longer, amigos."

"We can't break up! What if-"

"If what? If they return from the dead?! We all know that nothing of the sort will happen!" Malcho hissed, glaring at Nightcrawler. "I cannot stand to live here any longer! Every time I turn around I expect Lashana to be there... or Telca to throw something at me! It's tearing me apart!!"

"I think Malcho's right."

The group of Zelgadis, Malcho, Mewtwo, Kang and Nightcrawler turned at the low rumble, looking at Wolverine in mixed dread and sympathy. They knew that the feral was a coiled mess of emotion right now. At this point in time his reactions were unpredictable at best.

"I'm not stayin' either," he continued. "I just can't."

"Then....where are you gonna go?"

"Away. Just...away."

Four weeks

Mewtwo sighed as he watched Wolverine, Malcho, Zelgadis, Blackwargreymon and Kang walk down the Palace's driveway. Kenshin and Nightcrawler had left a day ago. Duncan and Remy three days before that. Now it was just him, Xellos and Beast. He sighed and rested his head against the window pane, wondering why he wasn't among those leaving. It wasn't like there was anything here for him... But where else did he have to go? Who else would accept him... Maybe it's time I end all of this...permanently.