Digimon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Finding the Harem ❯ Beware of Psycho Battousai's ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Lashana and Telca are us, so no taking of us. None of the Characters in the Harem belong to us. If they did, we'd be rich and belting out a Harem Anime series ^_^

Beware of Psycho Battousai's

"Would it kill them to have a bathroom?!" Nightcrawler groused.

Kang rolled his eyes from where he was keeping watch, making sure the teen wouldn't be...disturbed. "It's Ancient Japan. They don't have bathrooms. It's either the bushes or the outhouses in the town."

"Gross."

Telca snickered where she was standing next to Lashana and exchanged amuzed glances with the other sorceress. "Is that poison ivy?"

"Ack!" BAMF!

~That was cruel,~ Mewtwo frowned, looking at them reprovingly for a moment before smiling. ~It's nice to have you back.~

"In a perverse sort of way," Duncan chipped in, ducking the smack that Remy had aimed for his head.

"Ugh. Can we go now?" Nightcrawler grumbled as he rejoined them.

"Do we have any idea where he could be?" Zelgadis asked once they were all headed towards a small town again. He tugged at the hood on his cloak and the cloth mask that covered most of his face, hiding his appearance from the locals as they past them.

"None," Lashana sighed. "Granted it can't be that hard to track down a swordsman that had flaming red hair and a cross-shaped scar on his cheek."

"Did you say a cross-shaped scar?"

"Ack!" She jumped in fright and spun around to face the elderly woman that had snuck up on her.

"Uh yeah... yeah she did," Telca said. "You've heard of him?"

"There's talk of a samurai that took on a band of theives," the old woman told them. "He headed for town."

"When was this?" Zelgadis asked.

"Yesterday, actually."

"Great! We might be able to catch up with him!" Lashana grinned, blinking when the woman gasped in horror.

"You're in league with that killer?!"

"Killer?" Duncan echoed, watching as the woman ran away before exchanging glances with Mewtwo and Remy. "That means...."

"He's gone back to his Battousai mindset," Kang finished with a growl. "This isn't going to be easy."

"Is anything?" Telca sighed, brushing her bangs out of her eyes and shielding her eyes with a hand as she gazed towards town. "Well, nothing much else to do but track him down and deal with him then."

"Maybe we can hit him with a Sleep spell," Lashana suggested as they started walking again.

"That's if we find him," Zelgadis grumbled sourly.

"Quit the whinin' an let's just get dis over wit," Remy said as he put an arm around Telca's shoulders, hugging her to him as they walked.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"This is a very stupid idea," Kang hissed as he followed the group into a huge empty building that could have once been described as a warehouse.

"But that dude said that Kenshin was last seen coming in here," Nightcrawler protested.

"But he's in a killer's mindset," the draconian pointed out.

"Oh."

Telca smiled and rose a hand. "Let there be light!"

Lashana blinked at the sphere of white light that appeared above them and grinned. "Kewl. Been experimenting with the new Powers, hmm?"

"Like you haven't?"

"I said nothing," the Elf smirked as she headed deeper into the building. "Lesee, grain, grain, flour, nope. No Kenshin. Just these crates of suppli--whoa!" She threw herself backwards as a sword flashed by millimeters from her nose, hitting the floor with her shoulder and immediately rolling to her feet. "Shit!"

Duncan followed her gaze and frowned when he saw the samurai in a battle stance in front of them, his loose hair partially hiding his golden eyes as he glared at them. This is not good.

"Oh boy... Uh. Hi Kenshin, old buddy, old pal... You remember us, right?" Telca asked nervously.

"Obviously not!" Lashana yelled as he leapt at them, sword raised high. Acting on new instincts, she rose her right arm and clenched her hand into a fist, the spines bursting from her arm bare seconds before Kenshin's sword struck her.

"Holy shit!" Zelgadis gasped, staring at the Elf as she used the new curved spines on her right arm to keep the katana from cutting into herself. "Where'd she get those?"

~L-Sama,~ Mewtwo answered as he ran forward and kicked the red-headed samurai in the chest, sending him flying backwards.

"L-Sama?!?!"

"Oh great, Zel's gone catatonic," Kang grumbled.

"Remy! Lookout!" Telca cried, running forward to stand in front of her Cajun and raising her hands. "Craft the spell in the fire, craft it well, weave it higher. Weave it now of shining flame, none shall pass to hurt or maim! None shall pass this firey wall!"

"Whoa...kewl..." Nightcrawler murmured as a shield of shimmering fire encased both Telca and Remy, deflecting Kenshin's sword strike with ease.

"But that doesn't help the rest of us!" Duncan yelped as Lashana rushed the samurai, using the spines on her arms as both weapons and protection from Kenshin's attacks. "Dammit! If only I had my katana!"

Lashana gritted her teeth as she dodged an attack that would have sent the sword deep into her side and scrambled backwards, her arms rising to protect herself as Kenshin attacked again. "KENSHIN!! It's me! It's Lashana! Stop!!" She took another step back and cried out in surprise as her foot slipped on the floor, sending her crashing to the ground.

"Lashana!" Telca yelled, banishing the shield in lieu of summoning a fireball. I don't want to hurt Kenshin either... but I'm not about to lose my best-friend....

The Elf looked up into Kenshin's cold eyes for a long moment as he stood a little ways away from her, his gaze searching hers for the briefest of instances before he lunged. She gasped and started to rise her right arm, hoping to once again deflect the blade....

The wall next to her shattered inward, a blur of movement barreling into Kenshin and slamming him up against the opposite wall with enough force that the boards creaked with the strain. Golden eyes searched the gaping spectators until they settled on the shocked Elf, the panick there vanishing to be replaced with a relieved warmth. "Are you alright?"

Lashana shivered and slowly got to her feet, dimly aware that Remy, Kang and Mewtwo had moved to disarm and restrain Kenshin as the figure moved towards her. "....Black...." She winced at what their last encounter had been like and took a wary step back as he neared her.

"Let's leave them alone for a bit, shall we?" Telca whispered to the others. "Someone carry Kenshin. I don't want him to get away."

Blackwargreymon watched as the others filed out of the building, grimacing at the angry glare that Kang sent him. What if I can't fix this.... "Lashana."

She watched him warily, knowing how fast he could attack. "Blackwargreymon.... W-what... What are you doing here?"

"Saving my future." When she frowned in incomprehension, he dropped down onto one knee and slammed the blades of his gauntlets into the floor, freeing his arms from the straps afterwards. "Lashana, I--," he glanced away for a moment before getting the nerve to meet her gaze again, his eyes widening at the shadow of fear he saw there. "Oh Gods.... Lashana, I'm sorry. I--I never...." He gritted his teeth and clenched his eyes shut as his tears started to fall, his voice falling to the barest of whispers. "I'm so sorry...."

He didn't know how long he knelt there. Hours, minutes, it didn't matter. All he had was the knowledge that he may never be able to get her back...that for the first time in over two years, she was afraid of him. Thus it was a huge surprise when he felt her hands brush his tears from his cheeks, her arms sliding around his neck as she gently pulled him close until he could bury his face in her hair. "Lashana...." His own arms went around her in a vice-grip, fairly crushing her to him as he clung to her, unable to stop crying as she returned the embrace with equal strength and desperation.

It took him five minutes to get himself under enough control that he could stop crying, and another five until she could do the same. He sighed and lightly nuzzled the side of her neck, inhaling a breath of her scent to assure himself that she really was there before he let out a soft purr and rubbed his cheek against the side of her head. "I missed you so much...." he murmured. "I am so sorry. I didn't know how.... how to react when you just showed up like that. I knew it was you, but I was just so.... I--"

Lashana cut him off the simplest way she knew how. She kissed him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"You think dey're okay?" Remy frowned, glancing at Telca worriedly.

"Well, there's no screaming, no fireballs of destruction. So, yes. I think so," she answered.

"Want me to bamf in there and take a look?"

Duncan looked at Nightcrawler and smirked. "I don't think they'd appreciate that."

~They're having a moment. Just leave them alone,~ Mewtwo said while he gazed over at the tied and gagged Kenshin. ~I'm more concerned with what we're going to do with him.~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"I am sorry, you know," Blackwargreymon sighed after he had pulled away to meet her gaze.

"I know." She reached up and lightly brushed his overlong bangs out of his eyes, trying not to start crying again when she saw the scar on the side of his head.

He frowned, realizing what was upsetting her. "Beast said that I Healed in record time. It doesn't hurt anymore..." he rose a hand to brush her tears from her cheeks as she started crying again and sighed. "It's okay..."

"No it's not!" she protested. "I thought we were doing the right thing! Kang keeps telling me that we did what we had to....but look at what happened! You and the others.... Telca an I came back seconds before Mewtwo was going to kill himself!"

"Lashana," he cut her off with the sternest growl he could muster at the moment and hooked a talon under her chin, gently forcing her to raise her gaze to meet his. "I'm not saying that I'm okay with what you did, because obviously I'm not.... But you and Telca saved my life, and those of the others. You gave everything you had....for us....for me. I know that now. Nothing is your fault. Maybe if....if more of us came to that conclusion sooner then all this mess wouldn't have happened. 'Shana....I don't blame you. It's not your fault."

She shuddered and hugged him, closing her eyes as he wrapped his arms around her and purred. "I love you, Black."

A shiver went down his spine, and he tightened his hold on her in response. "I love you too. Now and forever."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Okay," Telca grumbled as she looked at her watch. "This is getting ridiculous."

"Give dem five more minutes, chere," Remy chuckled. "Dey probably a little distracted at de moment."

"TMI," she grimaced.

"We are not TMI-ing, you pervert."

Telca blinked and turned to look at the owner of the voice, smirking when she watched Lashana and Blackwargreymon walk out of the building. "Well, well. Hello, Blacky."

He grinned. "Banshee."

Duncan smirked and elbowed Nightcrawler. "They missed each other, they just won't admit it."

"Oy...Zel? Zel!" Lashana walked over to the still catatonic chimera and waved a hand in front of his face. "Zel!"

"L-Sama......L-Sama?....."

"He's been like this for how long now?"

Mewtwo shrugged. ~Almost twenty minutes now, I think,~ he told the Elf. ~Why? It's kinda funny.~

"Oh for the love of...." she rolled her eyes and went to pick up a piece of wood lying nearby, yelling out the chimera's name as she broke it over his head.

He cried out and crashed to the ground, glaring at her afterwards. "Ow! What'd you do that for?!"

"I didn't want to break my hand trying to beat intelligence back into that skull of yours!" she grumbled as she tossed the remaining half of the board over her shoulder, blinking at a yelp of pain.

"Oh, nice Lashana. You just beaned Kenshin," Kang growled.

"He's not dead...right?" Nightcrawler asked hopefully, peering at the samurai.

"Ugh.... Nani?! Telca-dono?! Lashana-dono?!"

"Oooh! Look! He's back to normal!" Lashana grinned.

"Wha....why am I tied up? What's going on?!" Kenshin cried, glancing at everyone in complete confusion.

Kang sighed and used a dagger to cut him free. "I'll explain along the way."

"How the hell did you get here anyway?" Telca frowned as she looked from a confuzzled Kenshin to the Digimon that was staying close to the Elf.

"Oh....that. L-Sama opened a portal for me," he shrugged.

"L-Sama?!"

~Wonderful. Zel's out of it again,~ Mewtwo groaned.

"Well someone go find another two-by-four and wake him up. We've got two more Guys to find," Telca sighed.

WHACK!

"OW! Why do you people keep hitting me?!"

~Nice one, Duncan.~

"Thanks!"

"So where are we going now?" Nightcrawler asked, looking at Lashana and Telca curiously.

Telca exchanged glances with Lashana, shrugged, and pulled out a coin. "Tails we go after Malcho, heads Wolverine."

"Deal!"