Digimon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Finding the Harem ❯ Finally found Zelgadis....now what? ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Lashana and Telca are us, so no taking of us. None of the Characters in the Harem belong to us. If they did, we'd be rich and belting out a Harem Anime series ^_^

Finally found Zelgadis....now what?

"This is going to take forever," Lashana muttered under her breath as she and Kang shoved their way through a crowded Market. It was just the two of them since Mewtwo had actively refused to enter the town, though he was keeping telepathic 'tabs' on them. "Where's that Magick Shop that Fish-Selling Guy told us about?"

"Over there," Kang pointed, able to see over everyone's heads. There were perks to being seven feet tall. He growled as someone kicked at his tail and sent a nasty glare in the direction of a group of villagers that were gesturing at him and Lashana. "I hate this."

"Which is why I appreciate you doing this," she said as she walked behind him, letting him clear a path for her. "Besides, even if I am the Chaos Knight, there is no way that I'm stupid enough to come here alone. Especially since that guy is looking at me like I'm a fresh piece of meat....ew...."

Kang followed her gaze and extended his left wing, blocking her from the view of the villager and baring his fangs when the man dared to glare at him in annoyance. He reached back and took Lashana's right arm, gently but firmly guiding her over to the threshold of the shop. "Go ahead. I'll stay out here."

"Don't kill any of the villagers now," she grinned as she ducked inside.

He chuckled and leaned back against the wall next to the door, crossing his arms over his chest as he let his gaze scan over the huge crowd. Even if she had wanted to come here alone, I don't think I would have let her, he mused to himself as he spotted a group of bandits nearby. His tail lashed from side to side as he glanced at the door, frowning at how long she was taking. Figuring that she was probably taking the time to look around first, he sighed and shifted so that he could fan himself with his wings, cooling himself. I still can't believe she's an Avatar... And Blacky, what was he thinking?!

~I believe that he's still consumed by his grief. Seeing Lashana after an entire month of torture probably did not aid him. His grief and anger have nowhere to go, he vented it on the only person that he believes is to blame,~ Mewtwo said in his mind.

Blame? But she-

~You were angry at her too, remember?~

Well yeah...but... He shifted again, tail thumping against the wall. But I've lost people before. I know how to deal with the pain.

~He does not.~

Kang rumbled softly, his gaze fixed on the ground in front of him. The Pokemon's logic made sense. But still, he had seen the agony in the Elf's eyes...

A gentle touch at his elbow made him raise his gaze to look at the object of his thoughts, blinking at her for a moment before pushing away from the wall. "Anything?"

"Yeah. Apparently a blue skinned demon came here a day ago. Rumor has it that he's staying in some nearby ruins," she told him, raising an arm to point west. "They're just outside the town limits."

"Good. Then we can get the hell out of here," the draconian growled, eyeing the group of bandits that was gathered together and looking in their direction. "Shit. Mewtwo, get over here."

~This had better be good,~ the Pokemon grumbled as he teleported next to them. ~You know I hate being in crowded cities.~

"Get her out of here," Kang hissed, shoving Lashana towards him as the bandits started pushing their way through the crowd to get to them.

"Hey! I am not some helpless female!" she protested, her breath catching in her throat when the draconian turned to glare at her.

"Just once, will you not argue? Haven't you noticed that everyone's been practically ignoring me? Everyone's really damned interested in you, Lashana. And judging by the look of those bandits, it's nothing good. Now, please. Go with Mewtwo."

The Elf glanced around, wincing when she saw that he was right. "We'll meet at the ruins, right?"

"I've got nowhere better to be," he smirked as Mewtwo grabbed her arm and started pulling her away.

~Hold on,~ Mewtwo said urgently, bodily throwing her onto his back and them breaking out into a full run.

Holy shit! Lashana threw her arms around his shoulders and held on for dear life, her stomach bottoming out as he crouched and leapt up onto the roof of a nearby building. 'Two...did you lose weight?

~Maybe. I haven't been eating lately,~ he admitted as he started leaping from rooftop to rooftop, heading west. ~I can see the ruins.~

She sighed and rested her forehead against his right shoulder, closing her eyes wearily. "I thought we were doing the right thing..." she murmured, her voice a ragged whisper. "Now I don't know which is worse.... What the Demon Highlord did to you...or what Telca and I did...."

Mewtwo waited until they had reached the ruins before glancing back at her. ~If you had the chance, would you change what you did? Knowing what would happen?~

"....I don't know anymore," she sighed, warily raising her head from his shoulder when she heard an angry growl from behind them. "Wha... Kang? How'd you get here so fast?"

"I ran," he snapped as he stalked over to her and firmly pulled her away from Mewtwo, grabbing her shoulders once she was standing in front of him. "You have got to stop this. What happened, happened. You can't change it. What you and Telca did... Yes it hurt. It hurt a lot. But in the long run you still saved us. You did what you knew you had to do. Some of the gang still haven't realized that yet, but they will. They left because they couldn't deal with their own grief, their own guilt that they couldn't prevent what happened. Do you understand what I'm saying? It's. Not. Your. Fault."

"But Black--"

"Is an idiot. But he'll come to his senses... Even if I have to go pound them into him."

~I'll hold him down.~

Lashana glanced back at the Pokemon, blinking when she saw that, like Kang, he was deadly serious. "Guys..."

"C'mon," Kang murmured, resting a hand against the small of her back as he ushered her towards the ruins of what used to be a part of the town. "Let's find Zelgadis and go regroup with Telca."

"Okay...."

"Good. Zelgadis!!"

~I wish you'd warn us before you did that,~ Mewtwo winced.

"Sorry." Kang smirked at the Pokemon before cupping his hands to his mouth. "Yo Rocky!"

There was a faint yell of : "Don't call me Rocky!" before a blue blur of demon speeding chimera practically erupted from the ruins.

Lashana took a step back towards Mewtwo in surprise as Zelgadis headed straight for her, then blinked as he skidded to a stop inches away from her, his sapphire eyes registering his immense shock. When he didn't say anything in lieu of staring at her, she rose a hand and wiggled her fingers at him. "Hey Zel."

The sound of her voice snapped him out of his catatonic state. "You're alive!!"

"Ack!" She gasped as he gave her a rib crushing hug, his arms firmly locked around her as he held her close. "Zel... Lashana.... need.... air!"

He yelped and released her, reaching out to steady her when she swayed slightly. "Sorry! Sorry! What happened?! We thought you were--" A streak of gold in her hair reflected the sunlight then, and he frowned as he reached out to touch it. "What..."

"It's a long story. Telca an I are trying to track y'all down so we can tell all of you at once," Lashana told him once she had her breath back and was certain that she didn't have any cracked ribs. The shock of his uncharacteristic outburst however, was going to last a little longer. "You wanna come back?"

"You have to ask?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"I can't believe.... Are you immortal and you just didn't tell us?"

Telca sighed wearily. "We're not immortal, Duncan," she muttered as she lead the way down an empty street, raising a hand to rub at her aching temple. I have such a headache.... A flash of gold caught her attention then, and she rose her gaze to look at the portal in front of her, then at the four people who stepped out. "It's about time! I was getting worried. Where's Blacky?"

Lashana met her friends gaze and shook her head.

"That bastard!" the burgundy haired sorceress growled, eyes turning amber. "What the hell is wrong with him!?"

Kang, who saw Lashana's expression crumple, glanced at Telca and drew a talon over his throat, seeing her eyes widen momentarily before she nodded in understanding.

"Lashana!"

"Oof! Hey Duncan. Fuzzy. Man, it's good to see you. Ugh...Duncan...what did you do to your clothes?"

Telca waited until everyone had done the mandatory greetings and such before speaking. "So who do we go after next? Actually, who's left?"

~Kenshin, Malcho, and Wolverine, I believe,~ Mewtwo answered.

"Personally, I think we should go after de samurai," Remy said, drawing everyones gazes. "He be de only one in another dimension, oui?"

"Yeah.... yeah, cuz Malcho would go back to the Rainforest...."

"And Wolvie's probably back at that bar in Canada." Telca finished, catching onto Lashana's train of thought. "Well okay then. Kenshin it is."