Digimon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Finding the Harem ❯ Friends of Humanity vs Telca....and a plastered Immortal ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Lashana and Telca are us, so no taking of us. None of the Characters in the Harem belong to us. If they did, we'd be rich and belting out a Harem Anime series ^_^

Friends of Humanity vs Telca....and a plastered Immortal

"I can't believe that Kurt let himself be captured by those stupid Friends of Humanity!" Telca groused as she and Remy cut through an alleyway. "He can teleport for Goddess sake!"

They had portaled here, to Brooklyn, half an hour ago, and it had taken them almost as long to pry the information out of the various locals. From what they had learned, Nightcrawler's image inducer had failed smack dab in the middle of a parade. Not a good place for him to be. What was worse what that those blasted Mutant Hating idiots in the FoH had gotten to him first. There was no telling what they were going to do to him!

"Chere, dis way," Remy said, tugging on her sleeve to get her attention as he headed for an old rusted door.

"You sure this is it?"

Remy winked at her. "Trust dis theif, chere. He knows what he's doin'," he assured her as he reached out to grab the edge of the duster she was wearing and slipping his hand inside to grab a lock-picking set he carried in all of his dusters. "One day, Remy teach you how to pick locks."

"Kewl."

He chuckled and knelt to be even with the door handle. "Keep watch."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Mewtwo blinked as a golden portal opened in front of him and stepped back as Lashana and Kang emerged from it. ~I thought you were going to get Blackwargreymon?~

"I was. He... He's not coming," she murmured, avoiding his gaze as she went over to the cupboard and pulled out a package of soda crackers.

"What do you mean 'he's not coming'?" Kang frowned. This explains a hell of a lot about why she's close to breaking down. Blacky, what the fuck were you thinking?!

"I mean he's not coming. He doesn't want anything to do with me," Lashana said, a little too harshly. When she saw them glance away, she sighed and set the package of crackers on the counter. "Sorry. Look, let's just go and find Zelgadis, alright? 'Two? You wanna come along?"

~Of course. But-- ~

"Good. Let's go."

Kang frowned and reached out to grab her arm as she tried to walk past him. "Lashana..."

"Kang... I know you want to help. But you can't, okay? To you, it's been a month. To Telca an I, it seemed like less than an hour. I came back to find that one of my best friends was going to kill himself, that everyone else has left and that my own Soul-Bonded can't even stand to look at me." She bowed her head slightly, her bangs hiding her eyes. "I am holding on to what little composure I have by a mere thread. If you want to help, then let go of me....please."

He sighed and released her, watching her walk out onto the deck and into the golden portal that appeared in front of her. "Less than an hour...."

~Come on,~ Mewtwo murmured as he headed after the Elf. ~She needs us more than she'd like to admit.~

"Yeah. I'm coming."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Dere!" Remy grinned as the lock gave a telltale 'click', signifying that he had successfully picked it. He rose from the ground and slowly opened the door, taking a moment to make sure it was safe before speaking again. "Quickly chere."

Telca nodded and darted past him, frowning when Remy closed the door behind them, plunging them into total darkness. "Well isn't this just peachy?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"ZELGADIS!!!"

Mewtwo winced as Lashana loosed another yell and looked at her. ~I don't think that's going to work.~

"Besides. You have to do it like this," Kang grinned. "ZELGADIS!!!"

~Oh thank you very much, Kang. I think I just lost a large percentage of my hearing.~

Lashana frowned. "What?! Speak up! I can't hear you over the ringing!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"This is so gross. Don't evil cult groups ever clean?!" Telca hissed as she picked her way over a pile of moldy newspapers, a sphere of white light hovering above her and Remy. She had discovered that as the need arose, new spells would appear in her mind. Handy trick that. Saves me from memorizing them... Now...if I were a racist psychopathic, where would I put a young mutant?

"Chere!" Remy called in a bare whisper, gesturing for her to join him as he edged closer to a partially opened door. "Look. Dey have him on display." He pointed to the caged teen that was on the stage in front of a filled auditorium of Friends of Humanity members. "Look like dey be in de middle of a meeting or somethin'."

"Well crap. That means we need a plan," Telca muttered, looking around them for a moment before her gaze settled on the sphere of light that was hovering above them, a grin spreading over her lips as an idea took hold. "This is what we're gonna do..."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Give us all yer money!"

~Kang? It's your turn. I took the last batch,~ Mewtwo said as another group of bandits leap out of the bushes. It amazed him that so many bandit's could hide in one forest and not notice each other.

"Fine, fine. FIREBALL!"

"This is pitiful. I knew the Slayers dimension was big on bandits, but this is getting ridiculous," Lashana sighed, shaking her head sadly as she looked at all the singed people around them.

"Well....worse comes to worse... we're making it safer for the general populous," Kang shrugged.

"I suppose..."

"Give us all yer money!"

~Oh for the love of....~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"What do we want?"

"No more Mutants!!"

"And how are we gonna get it!"

"Kill them all!!"

"Remy want to have a word wit dat man after dis..." the Cajun growled as he and Telca silently made their way across the catwalk above the stage.

"You take him. I get the audience," she grumbled angrily. "Okay. We're far enough out. You ready?"

"Always chere," he grinned, winking at her.

She blushed at the double meaning of that and turned to look down at the caged teen below. Let's see what these Powers can do. Her eyes bright with determination, she held her hands out at waist level, palms up, and took a breath to steel herself before she let the Magick guide her. "Mighty Ones of the East. Powers of Air. I summon thee, stir, and call ye to aid me now in my time of need!" She felt the Elemental Power flow through her, and as if in a dream, drew a symbol in the air in front of her, bending the Power into what she needed. Moment of truth...

It worked perfectly.

One moment there was nothing, the next, a full tornado appeared around the cage. Panic ensued, half the audience running for their lives, the other trying to reach the stage. "Remy?"

"Got it, chere," he smiled as he aimed and let half a dozen kinetically charged cards fly, grinning when they exploded against the edge of the stage, driving the audience back.

Telca frowned in concentration and slowly rose her hands, the tornado around the cage growing in intensity as it the cage within it's core began to rise off the stage. Wow. All this an I'm not even the least tired! Kewl! By the time she had risen her hands above her head, the cage was level with the catwalk, and a shocked Nightcrawler was gaping at them.

"Mein Gott! Telca?!"

"Yuppers. S'my name. Don't wear it out!" she chuckled as Remy used a few well charged cards to break the cage open, helping the teen out and onto the catwalk. Once Kurt was safe, she glared down at the audience below them. "You picked on the wrong Fuzzy Elf!" Three sharp gestures in the air later, the tornado had dropped the cage into the middle of the auditorium and had turned into a full fledged hail-storm, complete with lightning and gale force winds.

Nightcrawler stared at Telca, eyes widening when he saw a streak of silver appear in her hair. "T-Telca?"

She blinked and turned to look at him. "Yeah, Kurt. It's me," she smiled, wrapping an arm around him when he threw himself at her and buried his face against her shoulder. "I missed you too, Fuzzy. I missed you too."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lashana yawned as she, Kang and Mewtwo continued walking down a road. They had been walking forever, and she wanted nothing more than to leap into the air and simply scout Zelgadis out from the air. But she was reluctant to leave the two males behind. In this dimension, anything could happen.

That fact was proven seconds later as a group of Lesser Mazoku appeared out of thin air and surrounded them.

"Goddammit," Kang growled. "I'm getting low on energy here Lashana."

"No prob," she grinned. "These guys are mine."

~All of them?!~ Mewtwo frowned, looking around at the dozen freakish monsters.

"I have to get my stress level down," she said as she closed her eyes and called on the Chaos.

Both Kang and Mewtwo leapt back in shock as the transformation took hold. Before them stood not their Elf, but an Avatar of the Lord of Nightmares. Eyelids rose to reveal golden eyes with black slitted pupils, her hair changing to the purest gold as black spines grew out of the woman's arms, curving backwards towards her elbows. Nails turned black and lengthened into immaculate talons, already pointed ears becoming more pronounced as her bared fangs grew sharper.

~My God....~ Mewtwo breathed as he stared at Lashana. ~W-what happened to her?!~

"Nevermind her! What's with them?!" Kang growled, pointing to the Lesser Mazoku that were slowly backing away from her, heads bowed in submission as they moved aside, then vanished as quickly as they had appeared.

"Dammit," the woman grumbled, her now rich voice echoing on the winds. "All that and they went and buggered off! Bastards...."

"L-Lashana?!"

She blinked and half-turned to look at the duo. "Yeah?"

~What the hell happened to you?!~

Lashana sighed and closed her eyes. When she opened them again, she had reverted to her natural form. "...maybe you ought to sit down." As both Males dropped to the ground where they stood, she took a deep breath to prepare herself for their reaction, then stated: "I'm the Avatar to the Lord of Nightmares."

Crickets chirped.

~.....you're....a Goddess'...Avatar?!~

"The...THE Goddess of Chaos' Avatar?!"

"Basically, yes."

"I have to sit down."

"Kang. You are sitting down."

~Am I?~

"Oh for the flamin' love of...."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Y'know, I'm starting to get kinda worried about Lashana. She was supposed to call me when she found Blacky," Telca mused as she and the two males stepped out of a portal and into a quiet parking lot. "Here, Kurt. Let me see that bedamned watch thingy."

"You're not gonna break it, right?" he asked as his gaze darted around them nervously, afraid that he'd get jumped by a psycho group of people again.

"Nah. My watch used to do this all the time," she said as she grabbed the strap and slammed the entire thing against her knee. "There. Try it now."

"I don't believe it," Remy muttered as the teen warily put the watch on and activated it, blue fur automatically being replaced with the image of human skin.

"Kewl! Thanks Telca!"

"No prob."

"Chere, over dere. Dere's a restaurant we can stop at."

"Remy, that's a bar."

"Oui."

"Hello? Minor among us?"

"Oh he be okay as long as he doesn't order any of de drinks."

"Famous last words...."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Duncan hiccuped again, this time in the middle of draining his tenth beer, a grimace spreading over his face as half the bottle ended up pouring down onto his lap. He slammed the almost empty bottle onto the table, not even realizing that he had in actuality lain it on it's side, and grabbed a new bottle, belching loudly. He couldn't remember how long he had been in this bar, hell, at the moment he couldn't even remember his own name. But that was what he wanted...to stop remembering.

"What the hell?!"

The voice tugged at something within him, and he lolled his head back on his shoulders to peer up at the women that was staring at him in shock. There was something about this woman...something familiar. "..S'telca? Naw....must'be a hallucinational...." his voice slurred, his mind swimming in an alcohol induced fog. "She's dead....She an Lashshana....dead..."

He lurched forward and planted his elbows on the table, pointing at the woman with his new beer bottle. "Didja know 'er? She was one n'a mah bestesf friends..." He took a swig of his drink, smiling when it didn't go down his shirt, then pulled the bottle back to look at it thoughtfully. "I 'member... I useta play tricks s'on 'er. S'was funny. Replacicated....replacated....switched her junk shnacks wit that health food stuff... awful sthuff that...." He frowned and took another drink of his beer, trying to get his voice to work properly. "There was once I busted one o' dose vases o' hers. I glued it back tagether an blameded Xellossss. An then there was tha time I shrunked her laundry befer one n'a her dates wit that Cajun just to see 'er freak out...." He sighed heavily and leaned back in his booth, lowering his gaze to the table top. "Ah wish she was 'ere. Even if she punch'd me fer what I did.... Ah wish she was 'ere...."

"Wish granted!!"

WHACK!!

"Uh, chere.... I think you broke his nose."

"Good!! I loved that vase!!"

Duncan groaned from his new position on the floor and slowly rolled over, one hand clutching at his bleeding nose as he rose his gaze to the one who had hit him, ready to deliever one of his own punches before the sight managed to sneak it's way past the alcohol and into the tiny part of his mind that wasn't plastered. "TELCA?!"