Digimon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Finding the Harem ❯ End of the Search ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

End of the Search

"When I said that I hoped it was cooler here, this is not what I meant," Telca growled as she hugged herself to keep warm and looked back at the portal as it closed, leaving them in the middle of a full-blown Canadian snow-storm.

Lashana shivered in agreement and hopped off of Malcho's back, rubbing her hands over her arms as she turned to look at the panicking quetzacoatl. "I know you hate the cold, will you let me put a spell on you so you can come inside with us?"

"You have to ask?!"

She chuckled and rose a hand, beckoning for him to come closer. Once his head was inches away from her, she grinned and snapped her fingers.

~What the?! Where'd he go?!~ Mewtwo yelled, looking from the spot Malcho had been seconds before to the grinning Elf. ~What did you do?~

"Calm down. He's fine," she smiled as she bent and picked up the rattlesnake sized winged snake. "I just shrunk him." She rose the snake until he was at eye level with her and met his wide-eyed gaze. "No biting of the Elf, comprende?" When he nodded she sighed and lifted him up a bit higher.

Getting the idea, Malcho slithered from her hands and into her jacket, loosely coiling himself around her neck as he burrowed into her hair.

Blackwargreymon rumbled lowly and bent close to Lashana, eyeing Malcho warningly. "If you even think about doing anything, I'll hurt you, understand?"

Telca snickered as the now tiny snake nodded franticly and headed for the nearby bar, smiling when Remy wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close as he walked by her side. "After this we can go back to the Palace. There's heat there....blessed blessed heat...." She reached out and shoved the door open, taking a step back in surprise at the blast of noise that escaped out into the storm before squaring her shoulders and going in.

"You're not going to leave us out here? Right?" Kang asked, looking at Lashana warily as Duncan, Kenshin and the image inducer wearing Nightcrawler headed inside.

She winced. "You'd kinda stick out in an all-human bar.... Mewtwo? You capable of psychically blocking people from seeing you three?" Lashana asked, looking from the draconian to the Digimon before settling on the pokemon.

~We're about to find out, aren't we?~ he smirked as he headed past her and walked into the bar, sighing in relief at the warm that quickly chased the coldness from him. ~Well...no one's screaming yet.~

"....good enough," she said as she shoved Blackwargreymon and Kang into the bar, reaching back to grab Zel's cape at the last minute. "I'm not leaving you out here to freeze. Put your mask and hood on and get yer arse in here."

The chimera looked at her in surprise, then nodded. "You think they'll have coffee?"

"If they do get me a cup," she shivered, feeling Malcho gently tighten himself around her neck as she walked deeper into the bar, frowning when she didn't see Telca. "Malcho? You see where Telca went?"

He hissed softly and rose himself. "No, amiga," he murmured, flicking his tongue out to taste the scents in the air and grimacing at the thick heaviness of alcohol and sweat. "But Wolverine ahead and to your right."

She nodded slightly and rose the collar of her jacket, hoping to hide the snake from people's view as she headed into the yelling and cheering crowd, carefully making her way to the front so she could see what was going on....

...and came practically face to face with Wolverine. 'Practically' because he was currently in the fighting cage minus a shirt, smoking one of his stogies while he waiting for the next 'contestant' to be enlisted. "Wolvie...."

He stared at her for a long moment, his eyes wide in shock, the stogie falling from his mouth as he took a breath of the air and caught her scent. "....darlin'?"

"GO WOLVIE!! KICK HIS ARSE!!!"

The Canuck jerked his gaze to the left, staring at the familiar burgundy-haired sorceress that was grinning insanely and cheering him on as she headed for Lashana, the Cajun that was walking by her side raising a hand to wave a Jack of Spades card at him. "Holy flamin' shit."

"Watch it!" Lashana yelled as the new contestant - a big bulky male that looked like soap hadn't been his friend in over a year - swung a fist at the Canucks head. She shouldn't have bothered with the warning.

Nostrils flaring to catch the new scent, Wolverine ducked and spun, slamming a fist into the guy's stomach before backhanding him aside and racing out of the cage, leaving the poor bastard to fall to the cage floor, out cold. He shoved his way through the crowd and grabbed both sorceresses in a bear hug, letting his breath out in a tortured sob as they hugged him back.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"That fight sucked man."

"Yeah!"

"All because that bastard wanted to get it on with those two bitches."

WHAM!!

"Holy shit! What was that?!"

"I dunno! Something just sent Rob's head into the wall!"

"And you're next!"

"Who said that man?!"

"Ghost!! This place is haunted!! Run!!"

Lashana sighed and rolled her eyes, looking over at the smirking pair of Kang and Blackwargreymon. Mewtwo had only blocked the existance of three of them from the Humans, so she had managed to see everything they had done. "Oh nice. You want to pull that guy out of the wall before he suffocates?"

"Do we have to?" Kang asked innocently, grumbling when she glared and nodded.

Wolverine looked over at the Elf from where he was sitting at the bar's counter, watching her as she went to help Blacky and Kang pull the guy from the wall for a moment before returning his gaze to Telca. "Darlin'...how tha hell-"

She held up a hand, cutting him off with that single gesture. "We're only gonna tell this once. But back at the Palace," she looked at him worriedly, "if you want to come back that is."

"O' course I want ta come back! Hell, tha only reason I left was cuz...." he sighed and ran a hand through his hair, averting his gaze. "....cuz I thought ya were dead. It hurt too much ta stay there."

Telca mustered up a gentle smile and reached out to touch his cheek. "Didn't we tell you that you were never going to get rid of us? Now c'mon. Let's get out of here. This place reeks something horrid. Lashana? You ready?"

"Just a minute!" the Elf yelled as she planted a foot against the wall and heaved, yelping when the Human was suddenly freed from the wall, leaving her to crash into the floor next to the unconscious male. "Alright. I wanna leave now."

Telca snickered and rose a hand, opening a swirling silver and purple portal. "Everybody in before the rats that live here beat you to it."

"Heeeeeelp!" Duncan wailed as he burst from the bathroom minus half his shirt, vaulting over a table and diving into the portal.

"Okaaaay. What was that about?" Nightcrawler asked curiously.

"Come back honeybunch!"

The Harem and the sorceresses turned as one to the voice, all of them paling at the sight of the human that exited the bathroom, a piece of Duncan's shirt in his hands. The male was all together unwashed, uncombed and Lashana was certain that no one's teeth were supposed to be that colour of brown.

The man looked around, then turned bloodshot eyes to the group that was staring at him. "Where'd my honeybunch go? Hey! You're that guy that fought! You're kinda handsome!"

There was a mass stampede for the portal.