Digimon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Finding the Harem ❯ Explanations ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Lashana and Telca are us, so no taking of us. None of the Characters in the Harem belong to us. If they did, we'd be rich and belting out a Harem Anime series ^_^

Explanations

"Quick! Close the portal!" Duncan wailed from where he was hiding behind the Kitchen's island counter.

"It's closed, it's closed," Telca sighed, reaching up to rub at her aching temple. Where did this headache come from? Oh yeah...I haven't had the time to stop and eat yet... She pushed her way past the group in front of the phone that was hanging from the wall, grabbed the receiver and hit the first speed dial. "Hello? Pizza Pizza? Yeah? We want five extra large pizza's. Yes, five. Two pepperoni, one all dressed and three pepperoni, italian sausage, ground beef and bacon. Yeah. And make them all thick crusts. And don't forget the garlic stix and dipping sauces!"

Lashana grinned and pulled out her cell phone, dialing a number from memory. "Heyla, Swiss Chalet? Yeah, we want six super-family meals. Uh huh....six....and three Caesar salads on the side...hold on a minute - Black? You, Kang an Zelgadis wanna call the other places?"

There was nothing like mass ordering out that got the Harem into a good mood.

By the time the army of delivery guys arrived, everyone had changed into comfortable clothes, Lashana had Magicked Malcho back to his natural size and Telca had actually managed to lure Beast out of his lab via the everlasting power of a fresh Twinkie.

"Someone wanna pay that Chinese food delivery guy?" Lashana called as she hauled the six bags of Swiss Chalet food into the Kitchen and set them between the bags of Kentucky Fried Chicken and the three bags of finger-food combo platters from a little restaurant nearby.

"Hasn't the pizza arrived yet?" Nightcrawler frowned as he swung off the light fixture and did a perfect dismount backflip onto a stool.

"Not yet. He's got three minutes, else the entire batch is free," Telca announced as she and Remy carried the nine bags of Chinese food into the Kitchen. "Kang better have remembered to order the chicken fried rice this time."

"After what you did to him last time, I'm pretty sure he did," Lashana chuckled, remembering how long it had taken the draconian to scrub the plum sauce off of his scales.

"Pizza's here!" Blackwargreymon announced as he carried the five boxes into the room. "Telca, that guy's waiting for your signature for the credit card."

"Right. Thanks!"

He set the pizza's on the counter next to the Kentucky chicken and turned to look at the Elf as she rummaged through the Chinese food bags. "What are you looking for?"

"Fortune cookies," she muttered, peeking into the sixth bag and grumbling as she went on to the seventh. "Aha!"

"Shouldn't we eat dem after dinner?" Remy asked in amusement as she tossed treats to himself, Blackwargreymon and Nightcrawler before taking one for herself.

"Nah," she grinned, cracking the cookie open and pulling out the fortune, reading it silently for a moment before glancing up at Blackwargreymon and blushing.

"What?" he frowned as he followed her example, reading his quickly and looking at her when he was done, his voice a low whisper. "What does yours say?"

"'Great wealth is within your reach'?" Nightcrawler read his out loud. "Ja! If it was then I'd own a Ferrari!"

Remy chuckled and read his, a warm smile spreading over his face afterwards. "'De heart's wishes always come true'," he murmured.

"What?" Telca frowned as she rejoined them. "I missed that."

He grinned and pulled her into his arms, kissing her forehead lovingly. "Hello my heart's wish."

FLASH! "Got it!" Nightcrawler yelled, waving a camera energetically as the couple blinked dazedly. He looked down at the camera in his hands and smirked. "Knew this would come in handy."

"So, what does yours say?" Remy asked, looking at Lashana and Blackwargreymon curiously as they compared fortunes and whispered to each other.

BAMF!! "I got them!" Nightcrawler grinned as he snatched both fortunes from the pair before bamfing over behind the Cajun and Telca, using the couple as a shield as Lashana and Blacky tried to get the fortunes back. "Whoa...they're exactly the same!"

"What's'it say?" Telca asked, grabbing one from him and reading it. "'No matter what hurdles life throws your way, Soulmates are forever'?" She blinked and looked over at Lashana. "There something you're not telling me?"

The Elf grimaced and glanced at Blackwargreymon, who shrugged. "Our Bond....was destroyed."

"Aw geez.... Why don't you tell me these things?!" Telca frowned, looking at the Elf worriedly. "There's no way you can get it back?"

Lashana shook her head. "None that I know of."

Nightcrawler summed it up quite nicely. "Bummer, dude."

~Who ordered the 24 pack of beer?~ Mewtwo asked as he walked into the Kitchen, the box of alcohol in his arms. He took one look at everyone's expressions and sighed. ~What happened now?~

"Their Bond is dead," Telca murmured.

~I know.~

She growled. "Why am I always the last to know?!"

"It's entertainment for the rest of us," Kang chuckled as he, Zelgadis and Kenshin joined the group in the Kitchen. He took a deep breath of the air and licked at his lips as he headed for the KFC bags. "Can we eat yet? Food is a great anti-depressant."

Lashana smiled weakly and leaned against Blackwargreymon, closing her eyes when he crouched and put his arms around her, resting his chin on her right shoulder.

"At least there's a good side to losing my horns," he murmured softly so only she could hear. "I don't have to constantly worry about accidentally hurting you."

"Not a fair trade," she whispered.

~You two can depress yourselves later!~ Mewtwo said sharply, startling them as he grabbed Lashana's left wrist and pulled her away from the Digimon, forcing her to sit on a stool next to him at the island counter. ~Come and eat.~

"How much food did we order?" Duncan gasped after all the food had been set out on the island counter, well in reach of everyone.

"Who cares? Someone pass me those garlic spare-ribs."

"Only if you give me a piece of KFC chicken!"

"Deal! Catch!"

"Kang, stop throwing food at Lashana like that. We all know she can't catch."

"I can so! Bite me Telca!"

"I'd rather be shot than poisoned."

"Telca-dono, please don't throw the forks."

"Can't aim anyway."

"I heard that Zelgadis!"

Blackwargreymon chuckled and moved to sit next to his Elf, grabbing a KFC macaroni salad with a hungry growl.

"There's forks around here somewhere...." Lashana trailed off as he simply upended the entire salad into his open mouth and sighed. "Nevermind."

He grinned at her and handed her a container of shrimp fried rice before proceeding to fight Kang for one of the Swiss Chalet Chickens. It was just like old times... the friendly taunts, the low roar of numerous conversations, the closeness that only a true family could achieve... He managed to rip a huge piece of white meat off the chicken and ignored Kang's nasty glare as he turned back to Lashana, gazing down at her lovingly as she and Zelgadis used their chopsticks to spar with each other.

~Nightcrawler, stop swinging from the light fixture like that.~

"But dude! It's the only way I can get to the pizza! Wolverine's hoggin it all!!"

"I am not ya fuzzball!"

"De feral, he have de bottomless pit for a stomach."

"Shaddup, Cajun."

"Mewtwo! If you steal one more egg roll from me I am going to have to dump this soya sauce on you!"

~Ack! Sorry Telca!~

SNAP! "Aw, man! You broke it."

"Big deal, Lashana. You don't even know how to use chopsticks."

".....but I was gonna fight Kang next!"

"Yeah! She already challenged me -- HEY! Malcho!! Give that chicken back!!"

BURP!! "Eh....you certain about that amigo?"

"....nevermind."

"Wise choice, amigo."

"That's just sick."

Blackwargreymon grinned and wiped his hands clean on a napkin before sliding his right arm around Lashana, pulling her against his side as he swiped a fork from Kang and stole a mouthful of rice from the container Lashana had been trying to keep from Mewtwo.

"Ewww! PDA!!!"

"We did nothing!"

"Not you Blacky! Them!" Nightcrawler said, pointing to Telca and Remy who were lovingly feeding each other.

"Ugh...someone pass me a beer."

"Ditto! Over here!" Lashana caught the bottle that Kenshin tossed her way and watched as Duncan fumbled his catch and had it taken away from him by Wolverine.

"Too slow bub. 'Sides. I heard ya had enough o' this stuff today."

"There's perks to being Immortal. Give it back."

"Kenshin, toss Duncan another beer before he starts whining," Zelgadis sighed, watching Lashana spear an egg roll with a single chop stick. "That's not how you're supposed to use them."

"Notice how little I care," she smirked, elicting a low chuckle from Mewtwo. "'Sides, it's more useful this way."

"S'true," Telca agreed as she savagely sunk her chopstick into a piece of chicken, grinning at the winces from everyone around her. "Whaaat?"

"Chere, you dented de counter," Remy pointed out.

"So?"

"Oy..." Lashana sighed, rolling her eyes as she reached out to grab a couple of egg rolls and a piece of KFC.

"Um.....not to ruin a wonderful meal.... but I, for one, would really like to know what happened to the two of you," Beast said, blinking when all the various conversations stopped, the silence making his ears pop.

"Well....we did say we'd tell you," Telca sighed as she reached out to grab a piece of KFC and distractedly picked it apart, very aware that everyone's gazes were on her. "After Lashana an I.... wove those spells.... well, while it was a month of time to you all, it seemed only like less than an hour to us. We came to in L-Sama's realm, the Sea of Chaos. Apparently she and Gaia, another Goddess, had brought us there."

"But, of course, that brings up the fact of how could a month pass here and only an hour pass to us," Lashana continued. "We were out cold. I know it seems kinda nuts that we were out that long, but.... but it took that long for the Goddess' Powers to fully meld with us." She waited until all the shocked whispers had died down. "Most of you have seen our new Powers in play already, and likewise you've seen us transform...."

"Oh just spit it out!" Telca growled. "We're Avatars. Lashana's the Avatar to L-Sama, and I'm the Avatar to Gaia. When they let us use their Power to kill off that Highlord, their Powers accidentally bonded with our souls."

A stunned silence fell over the entire Kitchen, broken only by the sound of Nightcrawler's fork hitting the floor.

Too true.

Blackwargreymon blinked and turned to look at L-Sama, seeing her smile at him warmly before she turned her attention to the others.

Gaia and I -- where is she anyway? I told her to meet me here. Argh...

I'm here, I'm here. Don't get your Chaos in a knot.

Lashana and Telca snickered at the near catatonic looks on the Guys faces as the second Goddess appeared in their Kitchen, drawing everyone male's attention. "What?" Telca grinned. "You should see the looks on your faces."

Mewtwo mustered up enough coherency to glare at her before returning his gaze to the Goddesses'. ~Why them? And why keep them from us for so long?~

The first is simple. Gaia said. They called to us during that battle with the Demon Highlord. We merely answered the wishes that were in their hearts.

"...to save us," Remy breathed, looking from Telca to the two Goddesses. "Oui?"

Yes. And you must realize that if our Powers had not melded with their souls in the short period that they used them....they would be dead. L-Sama told them.

"Nothing like a load of good news to ruin an appetite," Telca grumbled as she tossed her chopstick over her shoulder.

As for why we kept them in L-Sama's realm for so long, we wanted to be certain that they would survive having our Powers become a part of them, Gaia added, ignoring Telca's mutterings as she addressed the Harem. Had we known what was to happen...perhaps we would have done things differently.

~'Perhaps'?!~

"Mewtwo..." Lashana reached out and lay a hand on his arm as his eyes started glowing a bright blue, pulling him back down onto his seat. "Don't."

~But--~ He turned and met her gaze, sighing when he saw the turmoil there. ~Alright.~

Everyone was silent for a moment, absorbing what they had just learned. It was Blackwargreymon that spoke up first, his arms going around Lashana as he did so. "What did you do to them? They.... changed...."

The transformations are a part of their new Avatar status, L-Sama said, looking at him and smiling when she saw the fierce protectiveness in his eyes. By transforming, their strength, magicks, abilities and senses multiply by a factor of ten. Though there is a setback that we didn't have time to tell you of before. The last was directed to the two women. Your transformations are limited to half-hour intervals. And there must be at least an hour of time between each transformation, else your bodies will go into shock and you may go into a comatose state.

"Ouch," Telca muttered, leaning against Remy as she looked over at Gaia. "What else? You said before that Lashana an I weren't fully mortal anymore. Wha'd you mean by that?"

"I knew they were Immortal," Duncan muttered under his breath.

They are not Immortal, Highlander. Gaia chuckled. Though their lifespans have been considerably lengthened, and they've also stopped aging. As to why you are not fully mortal, I would think that would be obvious... you do have Powers of the Gods within you, did you think that you would remain unchanged?

"No," Lashana whispered softly, looking away when everyone turned their gazes to her. "Nothing stays unchanged....."

Child... L-Sama walked/floated over to the Elf and brushed her fingers over her forehead. You are so full of sorrow, My Knight. Perhaps I can brighten your existence a bit.

Telca blinked as L-Sama lay her hands on Lashana and Blackwargreymon's foreheads, the Goddess smiling slightly as golden light enveloped the two for a moment before fading. "What was that?"

A gift.

~A gift?~ Mewtwo frowned and glanced at Lashana, staring at the Elf as tears formed in her eyes. ~Lashana?~

"The Bond...." she whispered, twisting to throw herself into Blackwargreymon's open arms. "She brought back the Bond!"

I knew it! You are a romantic! Gaia chuckled, grinning at L-Sama when the Goddess glared at her.

Shut up. I can't have my only Avatar getting seriously depressed, now can I?

"Uh...are we the only ones here who have no clue what's going on?" Nightcrawler asked, after he and Malcho had exchanged baffled looks.

It's simple. L-Sama and I have chosen your two sorceresses as our Avatars. Lashana is the Avatar to L-Sama, Mother of All and Ruler of the Sea of Chaos, while I, Gaia, Goddess of the Elements and Life, chose Telca as my Avatar.

"Wait... L-Sama....is the Mother of All?!" Kang yelped.

Yes.

"And Lashana...."

Is my Avatar. Yes. Are they always this slow?

Lashana looked over at L-Sama and grinned. "They had thought that you were just the Goddess of Chaos, I didn't get around to telling them that you created the Universe."

Oh. Well, I suppose that explains why the chimera is twitching like that.....and why the draconian is unconscious on the floor.

"You get used to them," Kenshin shrugged.

"So wait, let me get this straight," Duncan said, ignoring all the groans from around the table as he pointed at L-Sama. "You created the Universe....and Gaia stuffed it with Life?"

L-Sama blinked at him for a moment before exchanging a 'why me' look with Gaia. No. I created the Universe and....'stuffed it' with Life. Gaia protects and nurtures that Life.

"Oh. That's it?"

Why you little--

Now now, Gaia. We're not allowed to harm the mortals.

No, but our Avatar's can! Gaia grinned, nodding to Telca in thanks when the sorceress beaned Duncan with a frying pan.

Lashana smiled and hugged Blackwargreymon, closing her eyes as he grasped her waist and pulled her close so that she was sitting sideways on his lap.

{Oh Gods I missed sensing you like this...} he whispered in her mind as he hugged her and curled his chin over her left shoulder, sighing contentedly. {Don't you ever leave me again.}

Quick! Get the camera!

FLASH!!

"Got it!!" Nightcrawler announced, waving the camera triumphantly.

I'll be wanting an 8 x 11 copy of that. L-Sama grinned.

"Dibs on the negatives!" Telca said. "I've got plans."

~Oh Gods....it never ends.~

Gaia smiled at the Pokemon. Would you want it to?

He chuckled and shook his head. ~Never.~

Then duck, Telca's about to throw an egg roll at you.

"Yare yare, what's going on in---- L-Sama?!?"

Lashana rose her cheek from Black's shoulder and looked over at a shocked Xellos. "Close your mouth you fruitcake, you're catchin' flies."

Fruitcake? L-Sama echoed, looking at the Elf curiously.

"Yeah, he's just like a Christmas Fruitcake....no matter what you do, you can never get rid of the damned thing," Telca grinned, elicting an amused chuckle from the two Goddesses.

That's a good one. So, fruitcake, been on your best behavior?

Xellos did his trademarked closed-eyed smiling 'I have a secret and I ain't telling you jack' look. "Of course, L-Sama!"

Liar.

"Sore wa himitsu desu!"

Argh. L-Sama glared at him. You had better treat my Knight with the same fear and respect that you give me, understood? Else it's the eternal darkness dimension for you.

"He'd probably like that," Zelgadis grumbled in disgust.

Actually no. Think of it as a huge sensory deprivation tank. No sounds, no touch, no people's emotions to live on....just yourself in an endless ocean of darkness.... The Goddess trailed off at the look of horror on the Mazoku's face and chuckled. Get the point?

"H-hai!"

Blackwargreymon chuckled as L-Sama proceeded to have Xellos kneel on his hands and knees on the floor so she could use his back as a chair. "So he's got to behave now?"

Essentially, yes. Since Lashana is my Avatar, she outranks him in that stupid little mazoku hierarchy. Doesn't she Xellos?

"Hai, L-Sama."

Good boy.

Telca exchanged evil looks with Lashana and grinned. "You and me, we're gonna have grand fun with this."

"Oh hell yes!"

Xellos cringed.