Digimon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ New Arrival (Aka It's all Xellos' Fault) ❯ A spoonful of breakdowns, a hint of relaxation, and a New Harem Member ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Blackwargreymon peeked into the bedroom ten minutes later, frowning when he didn't see Lashana. "Uh...Lashana?" When he heard a muffled 'just a minute' from the bathroom, he smiled and walked inside, taking a moment to remove his armor and change into blue jeans before sighing in contentment and stretching out on the bed. Gods...I am SO tired....I gotta lay off those movie-marathons....

"What's up?" Lashana asked as she staggered out of the bathroom, clothed in her pyjamas and fiercely towel-drying her hair.

"Nothing much. You're going to get a mess of knots if you keep doing that."

"Knots, curls, it's all the same thing," she muttered as she grabbed a brush and retreated into the bathroom.

He rumbled softly and sat up, yawning tiredly as he shifted so he was sitting lotus-style. "You okay?"

"Am I not supposed to be?"

"You know what I mean."

"I do?"

"Lashana."

"Oh fine. Yes, I'm okay. As long as no more giant spiders leap out at me...." she paused and shuddered, staring at her reflection in the mirror for a moment before sighing heavily and looking away, not liking the shadow of fear in her eyes. "Yeah, I'm just fine...."

"Liar."

She spun in shock, staring at her Bonded as he leaned against the bathroom door's archway, his gaze meeting hers. "I'm okay. I just...."

He cut her off with a low growl. "Don't. I have never felt such a wave of fear from you before. Not even when you fell off the roof all those months ago and didn't know any flight spells to save you. You have no idea how frightened I was for you." He rumbled when she glanced away and reached out to tug at the hem of her tank-top, sighing when she practicly threw herself into his arms and clung to him tightly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Telca sighed as she finished making herself a tuna sandwich, staring down at it catatonicly for a moment before a nudge brought her back to the present, making her blink and meet Remy's solem gaze.

"You okay chere? You never dis quiet. What's wrong?"

"Listen," she whispered, pointing upwards and seeing his eyes widen seconds later.

"Dat....dat's Lashana. But why she be cryin'?"

"I think that spider scared her more than ever," Telca muttered as she went to sit on a stool at the island counter. "That getup that Xel had on didn't help me either...."

"You want to know what Remy thinks?" he asked as he moved over to her and hugged her tightly, playfully nuzzling his face into her hair.

"What?"

"We be in need of a big vacation."

She smiled slightly and leaned into his embrace. "No arguments there. What did you have in mind?"

"Remy was thinkin' a beach, sunlight, de ocean.... those little umbrella drinks...." He paused and grinned suavely as he loosened an arm from around her and pulled two tickets from his duster, waving them in front of her. "An two first class ticket's to Maui. Remy be wantin' to wear dat new speedo you bought him."

Telca grinned. "I'll go get the suntan lotion."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"You're kidding right? There's no way that Lashana stood up to a spider that size!"

"'Stood up'? No. She blasted it into oblivion then collapsed and almost started crying," Kang told Nightcrawler. He, the kid, and Malcho were sitting in the Game Room watching Wolverine and Mewtwo play pool.

"Hey! I told ya! Ya can't use yer psychic mojo ta move tha ball! Ya gotta use tha cue!"

~Oh fine. Just stop complaining.~

"Blackwargreymon almost went berserk up here," Malcho was saying. "I could have sworn that he would have blasted the Palace apart just to get to the muchacha."

~He would have,~ Mewtwo said from where he was trying to hold the pool cue properly. Having three fingers really put a damper on what one could hold... ~Luckily Lashana returned to herself in time to calm him.~

"At which point he started pacing. I think he left a groove in the floor," Malcho added with a shake of his head. "And now they've been upstairs for almost an hour..."

"Leave 'im be," Wolverine growled around his stogie. "Tha darlin' needs tha be with 'im."

"You can hear them, can't you?" Nightcrawler asked.

"I can hear tha darlin'," the Canuck muttered as he bent to align the pool cue with a ball. "She needs ta be left alone fer a bit."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Kang frowned as he strained his hearing, falling silent when he heard the distinct sobs from upstairs.

"Dammit. I think mi amiga is in desperate need of a vacation."

"Where there's no spiders," Nightcrawler chipped in. "Which basicly cuts out half the resort places around the world...."

"Bye guys! See ya in a week!" Telca called from the Main Hall where she was following Remy out the door.

"Where's she going?" Kang growled, looking over at Nightcrawler when the mutant shrugged.

"Maui," Wolverine answered as he moved his stogie from one corner of his mouth to the other. "Gumbo thought she needed a break."

~That still doesn't help, Lashana.~ Mewtwo reminded them, smirking when he finally managed to figure out how to hold the pool cue. ~I'd bring her to the haven I found... but besides the fact that she doesn't like other pokemon... the area is crawling with bug pokemon.~

"Unless you want her to Dragon Slave the entire country-side, I'd say not bringing her there would be a good idea," Kang agreed, slumping back into the couch cushions. "There's gotta be somewhere...."

"Y'know. She's been mentioning that she wants to visit her parents."

"That's not much of a vacation," Wolverine growled, looking at Nightcrawler sharply.

"It's better than nothing."

~Y'know. There is the possibility that she doesn't want to go anywhere,~ Mewtwo told them as he sunk a ball into the corner pocket. ~She may just want to relax here... though I'm not sure how that's possible.~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Blackwargreymon sighed as he held his Bonded, relieved that her sobs had finally lessened to little hiccups. He rubbed his hands over her back and felt her curl up in his arms, her cheek resting against his chest - directly over his heart. "Lashana?"

There was a moment's pause before he heard a soft 'hmm?', and he sighed again as he hugged her a little tighter. "Feel better?"

"....I'm embarrassed beyond all belief."

"Why? Because you cried? That's no reason."

She fidgited a bit and closed her eyes. "I'm such an idiot, Black. I don't know how to....."

"To what?" he coaxed gently, keeping her relaxed by running the fingers of his right hand through her hair. "Tell me."

"I don't know how to be anything else," she said after a few minutes of silence. "I've always kept my feelings to myself. No one's..... no one's ever seen me break down before. Not fully. Not like this...."

"I won't tell anyone," he murmured. "You know that my Bonded. You know I love you, right?" When she nodded slightly, he smiled and brushed fresh tears off her cheeks. "Then stop worrying about what I'll think of you, okay? Now, are you up to eating a bit? I'll cook anything you want...er...as long as it's on the barbeque or instant."

She sniffled and rubbed at her eyes. "Anything?"

"Yeah.... Within limits."

"Burgers and junk food?"

He grinned. "That I can do."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wolverine growled irritably as he watched Mewtwo sink the final ball into the right middle pocket. "Best two outta three."

Kang snickered as Mewtwo rolled his eyes and grudgingly agreed. The two, while not 'best' of friends, seemed to be hitting it off nicely... granted if Mewtwo kept winning like this Wolverine was liable to skewer the Pokemon and drop-kick him off the deck. A groan escaped him as he hauled himself to his feet, reluctant to leave the comfort of the couch, but needing to eat something before one of the cushions started looking edible. "Anyone want anything?"

"Beer an pretzels."

"Pepsi. Oh! And bring that bag of Lays Sour Cream chips!"

~A 7up if you have any.~

"Nothing for me, amigo. But gracias just the same."

The draconian nodded and grumbled sourly as he trudged out of the room. That'll teach me to open my mouth... He paused half-way to the kitchen as he caught a familiar scent, glancing from the main stairs to the kitchen doorway. Lashana?

A quick run later found him sliding into the kitchen, grinning in relief when he saw the Elf seated at the island counter. "You're okay!"

"As well as can be expected," she smiled as he came over to give her a hug. She sighed and let him curl his wings around her for a moment before pulling away to look up at him. "How're you doing?"

"The same as always. Are those burgers I smell?"

"Yep. Black's cooking."

"Oh Gods..."

"I resent that!" the Digimon shouted from the deck.

Lashana smirked and pulled away from Kang, hopping off the stool before heading for the deck and her grumbling Bonded. "Heyla."

He smiled at her and turned so she could see the apron he was wearing. "You like?"

She stared at the dark blue apron with the white lettering of 'Kiss the cook' for a moment before chuckling. "Yeah. Yeah, I like it."

"Just as long as you don't reinforce that statement," Kang added as he joined them, grinning at Blackwargreymon's mock scowl.

"You're just jealous," Blackwargreymon teased as he ruffled Lashana's hair, chuckling when she growled and smacked his arm. He looked over at Kang and smirked. "Can you do me a favor and go ask the others if they want a burger?"

"Nah. They'll show up soon enough," the draconian chuckled as he threw himself down on a lawn chair. "They think I'm getting food for them."

"Slacker."

He snorted and looked over at the Elf. "I still have 'Commander' status. I'm not a maid."

"Good thing too. I'd have to fire you if you were," she grinned, chuckling when he stuck his tongue out at her.

"Don't start a battle of wits with him, Lashana. He's not prepared for what you can do to him," the Digimon told her, pointedly ignoring the nasty glare the draconian in question sent his way as he used a spatula to flip the burgers. "So where's the Battleaxe, anyway?"

"Gone to Maui with the Cajun," Kang said, groaning softly as he stretched his arms over his head. "He thought she needed a vacation."

"There's an idea," Blackwargreymon murmured as he glanced at Lashana. "Wanna go to the beach tomorrow?"

"Which beach?"

"I was thinking a secluded cove in Cancun. We can bring the others, it'll be like a camp-out."

"I'd have thought you'd want to have time by yourselves," Kang rumbled curiously, looking from Blacky to Lashana.

"She's too stubborn to admit it--"

"Hey!!"

"But she likes being with you Guys," Blackwargreymon said, ignoring Lashana's annoyed outburst. He shrugged and turned back to the barbeque. "I don't mind anymore. I know she's mine."

Kang glanced at a furiously blushing Lashana and smirked. "Do tell."

"That's it. I need a drink," she muttered, heading inside as she spoke. She was almost at the fridge when she was pulled into a strong hug, the scent of cigars assulting her.

"Ya had me worried darlin'," Wolverine sighed as he released her and held her at arms length to look at her. "How're ya feelin'?"

"I'm okay. Really," she said as she pulled away and went to the fridge, pulling out two beers and tossing one to him. "Black....Black helped."

"He'd damn well better."

"What was that hairball?!"

"I said that ya'd damn well better take care o' my darlin'! Else I'll kick yer ass!" Wolverine grinned over at the Digimon, who grunted as walked into the kitchen to get a plate for the burgers.

"You know I'll take care of her."

"Can we please stop with the Embarrass the Elf session?!" Lashana growled. "I'd like to stop blushing sometime this decade!!"

"But you're cute when you blush," Blackwargreymon winked, chuckling when she turned another shade of dark pink before sending him a glare that could melt glass. "Alright. Alright. I'll stop. I can't speak for the others though."

"We'll make ya proud," Wolverine chuckled as he draped his free arm over the Elf's shoulders and hugged her.

"Traitor."

Blackwargreymon laughed at her soft growl and looked at Wolverine. "You want a burger?"

"Can I get it still chewin' on it's cud?"

"Okay. That is just so gross."

"Aw c'mon darlin'. It ain't that bad."

"Why don't you just eat the ground beef right out of the package?"

"Ew! Black! Don't give him ideas!! Gods, men. So gross."

The two males watched the Elf storm out onto the deck and turned to blink at each other before speaking in perfect unison:

"What'd I say?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Dude, what's taking Kang so long? I'm starving." Nightcrawler groaned, clutching his stomach as he rolled back onto the couch.

Malcho smirked. "You could just go get your own food, amigo."

"But then I'd have to get up!"

Mewtwo rolled his eyes at the plaintive whine and casually sunk another ball into the corner pocket. ~He may have gotten distracted.~

"Distracted by what, amigo?" Malcho frowned when the Pokemon smirked, refusing to answer, and casually flicked his forked tongue into the air, sampling the nearby scents and... "Lashana!"

"Huh? What?" Nightcrawler sat up as the quetzacoatl sped out of the room - it really was amazing how fast he could move considering his size - and glanced over at Mewtwo curiously, frowning when the Pokemon merely smirked at him. "Dammit." BAMF!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Mi amiga!"

"Ack!!"

"Geez Malcho. It ain't like she was dead or anythin'," Wolverine commented as the quetzacoatl swept the startled Elf into his wings and hugged her tightly.

"Malcho.....Lashana.....need.....air!"

"Whoops! Forgive me, muchacha."

"Try not to kill my Bonded, okay Malcho?" Blackwargreymon rumbled as he watched Lashana gasp for breath.

"M'okay.... m'okay...."

"I once saw a Human turn that colour when Slith had him in a headlock."

"Shaddup Kang. Ya ain't helpin'."

"Hmpft."

Lashana rolled her eyes and leaned back into Malcho's wings, craning her head back to look up at him. "Heyla. So what's all the big panic about?"

Malcho saw Blackwargreymon shake his head and draw his right index finger across his throat, plainly telling him to shut up or die. "Uh.... I'm just relieved to see that you're alright, mi amiga. The details of what happened in the lower passageways are sketchy at best...."

Lashana arched a pure white eyebrow at him curiously. "Uh huh." A quick glance at her Bonded caught him in the act of silently telling Malcho to be quiet, and she glared at him in response. "What the hell are you doing?"

Kang sighed and got to his feet, going over to pull the Elf from the snake's wings before looking at her. "I don't think Blacky was going to tell you.... But I think you deserve to know...."

"Kang."

He ignored the Digimon's warning snarl and kept his gaze locked with Lashana's. "We heard you crying. We know how badly it went down there." As all the colour drained from her face, he sighed and pulled her into a hug. "I know what it's like. I can help you if you want."

She shuddered and leaned her forehead against his chest. "Dammit all to hell. I wasn't gonna tell you....."

"Uh....Kang? Ya might wanna let her go before Blacky kills ya."

"Huh?" The draconian looked over and gulped when he met the Digimon's glare. "What?"

"You couldn't leave it alone, could you?" Blackwargreymon growled, clenching his hands into fists. "She didn't want you to know for a reason, Kang."

"Black...."

He paused at his Bonded's nickname for him - the only one he didn't hate - and immediately relaxed as she pulled away from Kang and came to hug him. "....sorry, Kang. It's a....a little hard to ignore the Bond right now...."

"S'okay," the draconian nodded as the Digimon crouched to pull the Elf into his arms. "I'd be the same... Um....the burgers are burning."

"Don't care right now."

"I bloody flamin' do!" Wolverine growled as he stalked past the couple and extended the claws on his right hand, using them to flip the burgers. "Geez Blacky. Yer wastin food here."

"We'll feed the burnt ones to Malcho. He'll eat anything."

"I resent that, amigo," came the sour grumble from the quetzacoatl.

BAMF! "Aw man! Not the sap again! Get a room you two!"

"Hi Fuzzy. It's nice to see you too," Lashana chuckled as she pulled away from her Bonded and went to sit on a lawn chair.

"You do realize that's my chair?" Kang grumbled playfully.

"Yep."

"Mmmm. That smells real good! When do we eat?!" Nightcrawler grinning, looking from Wolverine to Blackwargreymon hopefully.

"My Goddess. He eats like there's no tomorrow and still stays thin as a stick. Where the hell does he put it all?!" Lashana exclaimed. "It's no freakin fair I tell you!"

"Yer just annoyed cuz you're a woman."

"What was that, Wolverine?!"

He paled at the dangerously enraged tone and glanced at Blackwargreymon for help, chewing on his stogie when the Digimon smirked and shook his head. "Uh..... What I meant to say was that....uh....."

"He's gotta go get another cigar now!" Nightcrawler said quickly as he grabbed the Canuck's arm and teleported them back into the Palace.

"You'd better sleep with one eye open Wolverine!!!!" Lashana yelled.

"You're not gonna kill him, are you?" Blackwargreymon asked as he retook his place in front of the barbeque.

She crossed her arms over her chest and glared at the horizon for a moment before relaxing. "Not at all," she smiled, looking at the guys curiously. "What do you think would look good on Wolvie. Magenta, or neon pink?"

"Neon."

"Neon."

"Neon."

"Kewl," she grinned, showing her fangs as she snapped her fingers.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Oh my God! What the hell happened to you, dude?!"

~Leave the room! You're hurting my eyes!~

She snickered. "Gods I love being a sorceress."

"That was extremely cruel," Kang told her as he gently pushed her legs aside and sat down on the extended part of the lawn chair. "But highly entertaining."

"Thanks!"

Malcho smirked slightly and glanced at Blackwargreymon, who was staring at Lashana. "Um...amigo? That burger is on fire."

"Huh? Oh shit!"

"I don't want that one," Lashana said before Kang could, seeing the draconian slouch slightly before perking up.

"That one's Wolverine's!"

"Better him than me," Malcho muttered under his breath before straightening slightly, looking at Mewtwo as the Pokemon strolled out onto the deck. "Hola, amigo."

Mewtwo nodded in acknowledgement and looked over at Lashana. ~You seem better.~

She blushed and glanced at Kang. "Exactly how many people know that I had a breakdown?"

"I'd say the entire Palace."

"Oh geez...."

~What? You weren't going to tell us...er...them?~ Mewtwo winced at his slip and avoided everyone's gazes for a moment before looking over at the Elf.

"It....it wasn't something I wanted to talk about. It still isn't....."

"Ah, that's alright, mi amiga," Malcho soothed as he swept her into his wings and gently set her down among his coils. "But you do realize that you can talk to us if you need to, si?"

She nodded silently, then yelped as he shifted until she was comfortably nestled against him, his coils arranged to make it like she was sitting on the world's strangest couch.

"At least I get my chair back," Kang commented as he stretched out on his back on the deck chair, pointedly ignoring the mock glare Lashana was sending him. "Y'know.....I never did get that shoulder-rub..."

"Suffer."

Blackwargreymon snickered at his Bonded's retort as he placed the cooked burgers on a plate. She's finally relaxing.... He turned down the intensity of the barbeques' flames and set the buns on the upper rack. "Someone want to go get me another plate for the buns?"

"'Kay!" Lashana smiled as she hopped off of Malcho and darted inside before anyone could protest, pausing to snatch a pepsi out of the fridge before grabbing another plate. I can't believe everyone knows that I broke down....dammit. Oh Lords but I need a vacation....

~Actually what you need is to stop being so stubborn.~

"Haven't you heard about a thing called 'privacy'?"

Mewtwo smirked and crossed his arms over his chest as he leaned against the island counter, meeting her gaze when she turned to face him. ~I can't help it. You think loud.~

She grumbled and sagged back agaisnt the main counter. "Crap."

~My offer to teach you still stands,~ he reminded her. ~If you think you can put up with me long enough.~

"The question is : can you put up with the lot of us?"

~Oh....I think I can manage it.~

"Kewl. Welcome to my Harem," she grinned, winking at his stunned expression before heading back out onto the deck. "Kang! What did I tell you about pestering my Bonded?! Put. The. Spatula. Down."

Mewtwo stared through the open patio doors in shock, his mind trying to comprehend what had just happened. Never had he been so openly accepted.... Did she just....?

"Hey, Mewtwo! Better hurry up before my Bonded eats all the burgers again!"

"That only happened once!!"

"Bottomless pit."

"Oh, like you're one to talk, Kang. You still owe me for those five bags of Oreo cookies you stole from me!"

"I thought you had forgiven me for that, Lashana!"

"Hah! In your dreams!"

The pokemon smirked at their friendly banter and pushed himself away from the counter. I think I'm going to like it here.