Digimon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ New Arrival (Aka It's all Xellos' Fault) ❯ Lashana + spiders = BIIIIG trouble...Oh, and it's all Xel's fault ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Usual Disclaimer: The Harem members from X-Men, Digimon, Pokemon, Dragonlance, etc. don't belong to us. However the Original Characters of Lashana & Telca, our Ideas, and the Insanity Storyline are ours, so no touching! No touching! (hee hee, I have to stop watching Emperor's New Groove)

Note: Words between ~ ~ and { } are telepathic thoughts and such. That is all

"Lashana! Watch it!" Telca screamed when she saw something move above her friend. Acting on instinct, she hopped out of Remy's arms and sent half a dozen fireballs at the thing, paling when the firelight illuminated a huge spider. "Oh. Shit."

Lashana, however, wasn't that calm. Loosing a scream of pure terror that could have cracked glass, she lept backwards, her scream cut short by a yelp of surprise when she tripped and crashed to the floor.

Mewtwo started to move forward to pull her away from the things reach, but he found that he needn't have bothered as she hopped to her feet and threw herself at him, clinging to him tightly. ~A little arachnophobic hmm?~

"She's got a good idea," Telca mused as she followed the Elf's example and clung to Remy, who put one arm around her waist while he rose his right hand, six cards glowing brightly as he charged them with energy.

Kang swallowed nervously and backed away as the spider descended from it's vertical perch on the wall, it's eight black eyes glowing with reflected firelight as it moved towards the small group. "This...is not good."

Lashana shuddered and buried her face against Mewtwo's chest, ignoring the soft fur that tickled her skin. "Okay. I'm ready for you to teleport me out of here now."

~It's only a spider.~

"Not to her it isn't," Kenshin pointed out as he drew his sword and moved to stand in front of the Elf. "Get her out of here."

"Watch it!" Wolverine yelled, his adamantium claws unsheathing as he lept forward to tackle the samurai, narrowly saving him from the webbing that the spider launched at him. Unfortunately, by removing Kenshin from it's path, said webbing hit Lashana and Mewtwo instead, completely covering them.

"We gotta get her out of there!" Telca yelled as Remy threw the six charged cards at the spider, distracting it as the kenetic blasts exploded against it's hide. She ran forward and snatched a dagger from Kang's belt, ignoring the draconian's growl as she sprinted for the trapped Elf.

Mewtwo growled in disgust and fought his way free of the webbing, one arm still holding Lashana as he tore the sticky substance off of them. He looked up at a gasp of relief and blinked when he saw Telca cutting at the strands with a dagger. ~What-?~

"Check on Lashana!" the sorceress snapped as she cut at the webbing.

He looked down at the Elf and frowned when he saw how pale she was. I didn't realize her phobia was this strong.... ~Lashana. Lashana, listen to me. You have to fight it. You can't let the fear take you over like this!~ He paused and looked at Telca. ~She's in shock! I can't reach her!~

"DIEM WIND!! C'mon you guys! Hurry up!" Kang called as his spell threw the spider back against the wall, stunning it.

"No way, bub! This thing's mine!"

"Oy..." Telca sighed as Wolverine lept at the enormous spider, his claws slashing at it's eyes. "Too much testosterone." She turned to the Pokemon that was still trying to reach the seemingly catatonic Lashana and punch him in the shoulder. "Get her out of here! Teleport her to Blacky! Go!"

~But she's whispering something! I just can't tell what!~

Kenshin frowned and looked at the woman that was seemingly staring out at nothing, her lips moving silently as she trembled constantly. Curious, he leaned closer to the Elf, turning his head so his ear was near her lips. "Oh no...."

"What?!" Telca demanded.

"Hit the dirt!!!!"

Long months of conditioning made the group drop to the floor faster than one could say 'bonzai', though only Telca thought to bring up the important question: "Why are we doing this?"

Mewtwo looked down at her from where he was standing next to Lashana. ~You tell me.~ He blinked as an aura flickered into existance around the Elf and backed away in shock at the rage he sensed from her.

"...by the power that you and I possess!! DRAGON SLAVE!!!!!!"

~Holy shit!~

"That's why," Kenshin said to Telca once the explosion had died down.

"Do tell."

"Lashana!" Kang growled as he moved over to the woman that was on her knees in the dirt, frowning when he saw that she was hugging herself and rocking back and forth slightly. "Lashana? Hey...can you hear me?"

~Give her a few minutes,~ Mewtwo suggested as the draconian scooped the Elf into his arms and cradled her against his chest.

"Blacky must be goin nuts," Wolverine muttered to Remy, who nodded in agreement.

"Okay look. Kang, you and Mr. Giant Purple Rat stay with Lashana," Telca said, ignoring the glare that Mewtwo sent at her. "The rest of us will take point and see what else is down here."

~I do not look like a rat,~ Mewtwo grumbled as Telca dragged Wolverine, Kenshin and Remy into the room where the spider had apparently emerged from.

Kang rolled his eyes in exasperation, then looked down at Lashana, belatedly noting that she had curled her arms around his neck and buried her face against his throat. "I don't think she's going to get any better. Maybe Blackwargreymon would have a better chance of calming her."

~She'll be fine. She just needs a moment to center herself.~

"How the hell do you know that?"

"Cuz he's in mah head," Lashana murmured, startling Kang.

"Gods, are you alright?!" he growled, meeting her gaze when she wearily rose her head to look at him.

"Yeah... I think so. Is it dead?"

"Very much so," the draconian told her as he gave her a gentle hug. "You had me worried."

She smirked. "It's my new hobby."

Kang sighed and shifted to wrap his wings around her. "Normal people tend to take up knitting."

~Even I know that Lashana isn't what one would call 'normal'.~

"Touche!" Telca grinned as she poked her head around the corner of the doorway.

Kang chuckled as he gently set Lashana on her feet and folded his wings against his back before looking at Telca. "There aren't any more spiders, are there?"

"Nope! All clear!"

"Thank the Gods," Lashana sighed, sagging against Mewtwo when he moved to stand beside her.

"You okay?" Telca asked as she looked at the pale Elf. "Think you can make it?"

"As long as no more giant spiders attack, yes. Er...only give me a minute to calm Blacky down. He's kinda trying to blow a hole in the floor to get to us." Taking the glare Telca sent her as incentive to hurry up, Lashana closed her eyes and reached out for the Bond, wincing when Blackwargreymon practicly screamed at her.

{Are you alright?!?!}

{Ow...tone it down, hun. That hurt....} She shook her head slightly and rose a hand to her aching temple. {I'm alright. We just stumbled on the spider that time forgot.}

{That explains it. Gods, Lashana. I wish I could be there.....}

{We're almost done. Trust me, I'll be back upstairs as soon as I can.} A nudge in her ribs startled her, making her open her eyes to meet Mewtwo's gaze. {Gotta go. I'll see you soon.}

~C'mon. The other's are already ahead of us.~

"Coming. I'm coming. Geez...." She sighed and let him pull her through the next hallway, keeping a wary eye on the ceiling as she did so.

"What took you so long?" Telca frowned when she saw them. "We've been waiting for a whole five seconds!"

Lashana snorted and rolled her eyes. "Chill already. Let's just get his over with," she paused and shuddered. "I don't like this place."

"Remy wit you dere petite," the Cajun agreed, sticking close to Telca as the burgundy haired sorceress walked further down the corridor.

"Yer all a bunch o' pansys," Wolverine grunted as he strolled past them, heading for a door at the end of the tunnel. "'Sides, there ain't nothin down here. I woulda smelled it."

"And yet a few days ago you didn't notice that you were seconds away from drinking sour milk," Telca commented dryly.

"Uh...."

"That's it. I'm going back upstairs," Lashana said as she turned and started back the way they had come.

Mewtwo sighed and ran after her, moving so he was blocking her path and putting his hands on her shoulders, his eyes widening when she simply kept walking, pushing him backwards. ~Lashana. It's not much further. What's the point of coming this far if you're only going to give up?~

"Don't try that pep talk crap with me, 'Two. I'm tired, I hurt, I've been exposed to spiders and I have a large headache. I just want to find my Bonded, curl up in his arms and get some sleep."

"RUN!!!"

~What the?~ He turned and looked towards the yell, blinking when he saw the group dashing towards them. ~What's going on?~

"Shaddup and run!!" Telca yelled as she grabbed Lashana's wrist on the way by and started dragging the Elf along with her.

"Telca! What's gotten into you?!"

"Big giant moving black glowing red eye thing!"

"What?!?!?"

Mewtwo hesitated and looked back at the hallway, peering into the darkness as a form shuffled towards him. ~What in the world is that?~

"Sore wa himistu desu!!"

Lashana dug her heels into the floor at the exclaimation, yanking Telca to a stop, and growled lowly. "Xellos."

If Lashana's look promised pain, then Telca's promised death and dismemberment. "Something dies."

"Ooo! I just love how that feels!"

Lashana and Telca exchanged disgusted glances before running back down the hallway, pausing when they saw Mewtwo launch ten black spheres of energy at the Mazoku.

"You haven't mentioned to him that Xel likes pain, have you?" Telca murmured as the Mazoku moved to intercept the attacks, wriggling when they hit him.

"Um...no. I didn't get the chance," the Elf sighed as she walked over to Mewtwo and gently tugged him out of the way. "You might wanna move."

Telca grinned and rose her hands, a soft cackle escaping her as sachhrine pink energy gathered in front of her. "Okay, Xel. Time you told us where you hid that book!"

Xellos froze, floating above the floor as he stared at the familiar spell in Telca's hands. "But it's a secret Telca-chan," he winked before teleporting away.....or at least trying to.

Mewtwo grinned at the Mazoku's startled expression. ~You're not the only one who can teleport, creature. In the future, you may want to remember that I can prevent you from using that particular ability.~

Lashana smirked and used a fireball to send Xel crashing against the wall, distracting him long enough for Telca to throw the spell at him. "Kewl," she chuckled as the Mazoku crumpled to the floor, pink energy swirling around him as he started foaming at the mouth. "Like 'Cujo', only with more of a 'revenge' tint to it."

~What did you do?!~

"It's simple. Xel over there's a Mazoku. They feed and thrive on negative emotions. Y'know, like anger, frustration...fear. Add to that his...perverted tendencies, and we're usually fireballing him into orbit. So Telca made a spell that would surround him with all sorts of lovey-dovey feelings. It's really fitting actually."

"It only lasts a few hours though," Telca added in annoyance. "Anyway. C'mon. Let's go see what he was doing back there."

Lashana hesitated. "Do we really want to know?"

".....On second thought...." The burgundy haired sorceress turned to the writhing form and glared. "Where's the book, Xel?"

"S-sore wa him...itsu desu, Telca-cha--- AACCCKKK!!!!"

"And thus we see what happens when he thinks a perverted thought," Lashana smiled.

Mewtwo looked from Lashana to Telca and slowly backed away. ~Remind me never to get on your bad side.~

Telca growled. "You're already on my bad side, Purple."

"Oh for the love of...." Lashana rolled her eyes and walked over to the Mazoku, planting a foot on his face as she ripped his cloak off and rumaged around in the hidden pockets. "A-ha! Got it!"

Telca gaped at the Elf in horror, ignoring the book triumphantly that the other sorceress was waving around triumphantly. "You touched Xel!"

Lashana blinked a couple of times, then lept away. "EW!! Ew, ew, ew!!!" She franticly opened the book and rushed through an incantation, leaping into the portal that appeared seconds later. "Where's the bleach?!"

"In the cubboard next to the Kitchen sink!" Telca called as she caught the book the Elf tossed to her, not even sparing a glance for either Mewtwo or Xel as she opened her own portal and stepped through.

Mewtwo frowned as the two portals closed and growled lowly. ~The lack of hospitality here is simply overwhelming.~ He was about to turn and head for the stairs when another portal opened, a hand reaching through to grab his arm and yank him into it.

"You'll have to amuse yourself for a bit. I have to go rub a layer of skin off of myself," Lashana said hurriedly as she dumped him on the Livingroom couch and lept into another portal.

~This is so going to take a lot of getting used to.....~