Digimon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ New Arrival (Aka It's all Xellos' Fault) ❯ Into the catacombs....are those bats?! ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Usual Disclaimer: The Harem members from X-Men, Digimon, Pokemon, Dragonlance, etc. don't belong to us. However the Original Characters of Lashana & Telca, our Ideas, and the Insanity Storyline are ours, so no touching! No touching! (hee hee, I have to stop watching Emperor's New Groove)

Note: Words between ~ ~ and { } are telepathic thoughts and such. That is all

"Mewtwo's gonna teach Telca how to use her psychic abilities."

The Canuck glanced at Mewtwo, who nodded, then at Kang, who swallowed nervously. "Aw flamin' shit. We're screwed."

"Did someone mention screwing?"

Telca grimaced and looked over at a grinning Xellos. "Go to hell, fruitcake."

"Been there, done that. It was rather enjoyable actually," the Mazoku said with a disturbing leer.

Shuddering in disgust, Lashana backed away from the floating freak, yelping when he flew forward until he was only inches away from her face, his eyes fully open as he gazed at her curiously.

"Ne, Lashana-chan? Whatever did you do to your aura?"

"DON'T CALL HER 'CHAN'!!"

"Geez, Blacky. Tone it down a bit, will ya?" Wolverine winced. "Some o' us would like ta keep our hearing!"

"Get away from me," Lashana growled as she shoved Xellos aside, backing away until she was standing next to a growling Kang.

"And what the hell are you babbling about anyway?" Telca demanded as she glared at the Mazoku. "There's nothing wrong with Lashana!"

"Not physicly anyway," Wolverine added, wincing when the Elf glared at him.

"You can't tell? Her aura's all defragmented. It's rather tasty too!"

"That's sick," Kenshin shuddered.

"Pervert!! FIREBALL!!!!"

"Oh great Lashana. Now there's a hole in the wall to match the one in the ceiling," Telca grumbled testily.

"Well excuse me!" Lashana huffed, crossing her arms over her chest as she glared at Telca. "By the way, thanks a whole lot for the headache I now have."

Telca blinked, then saw the bruise on her friends forehead. "Uh.... Sorry?"

"I'll think about it. In the mean time, did you have any luck finding a clue to where that freak hid the spellbook?"

"Sort of. Remy and I found this map. Looks like it shows all the secret passageways throughout the Palace," Telca said as she pulled the carefully folded map out of the back pocket of her jeans, handing it over to the Elf so she could see.

Lashana unfolded the worn parchment and looked at the faded writing curiously, dimly aware that all the guys were peering over her shoulders to get a good look. "You're right. Huh. I wonder why we never noticed all these passageways before?"

~May I?~ When she nodded, Mewtwo took the map and studied it for a moment before walking over to a still intact wall and lightly pressing a hand onto it. Glancing at the map once more, he nodded and sent a small telekenetic blast at said wall, smirking when it buckled slightly before swinging open on rusty hinges to expose a dark corridor.

Lashana and the Guys crowded around the opening, staring down into the dust and cobweb riddled darkness for a moment before they all screamed and threw themselves to the ground, barely avoiding the swarm of bats that seemingly exploded from the opening.

"BOMB DI WIND!!!"

Lashana peeked out from under Kang's wings - which he had wrapped around her to sheild her from the bats - and saw a hyperventilating Telca standing above them, a fireball forming in her hands as a follow-up to the wind spell. "Uh oh."

"FIREBALL!!!"

"Down!!" Kang yelled, pulling the Elf back to the floor as the fireball sailed over them and exploded in the dark corridor, the backlash of fire surging over the barrier Mewtwo had hastily risen.

"Uh...chere? Dey gone...."

"I hate rats when they're on the ground! I absolutely lothe the flying ones!!!" Telca snarled, shuddering in disgust seconds later. "Ugh..."

Kang rolled his eyes and rose his head from Lashana's hair, looking down at her curiously. "You okay?"

"Yeah," she sighed, glancing over at a worried Blackwargreymon as Kang moved aside and helped her sit up. "M'okay."

"Liar," the Digimon growled, watching her as she shakily got to her feet.

"Oh hush. I'm fine." She looked down the corridor and shivered. "Okay. Someone wanna weave that locate spell?"

"I'll do it," Kang volunteered, excited at being able to use Magick again despite the fact that he knew it was only temporary. "What do I do?"

As Lashana coached Kang on how to do the spell, Telca turned to look at Blackwargreymon curiously. "Okay, Blacky. Spill it. What's with the Elf?"

"I don't know. It's like she's constantly fighting keep her thoughts oriented...." he paused and shrugged. "I don't know how to explain it."

Malcho lowered his head to join in on the conversation. "Could it be because the muchacha gave Kang and I some of her Magick?"

~It could be,~ Mewtwo said softly. ~It could also be that she's still slightly concussed. Has she ever lent someone a portion of her Magick before?~

"Not since I've known her," Blackwargreymon murmured. "Telca?"

"Dunno. I don't think so. Hell, I'd like to know how she did it."

"Did what?"

"Ack! Geez! Don't do that!" Telca gasped as she rounded on a grinning Lashana.


"Sorry," the Elf chuckled. "So what're y'all talking about?"

~You.~

"Why?"

"We're worried about you, mi amiga," Malcho whispered, drawing her gaze.

"I repeat: Why? Cuz I have a headache? Please. Y'all worry too much."

"When why are you blocking me out?" Blackwargreymon frowned.

She smirked. "Don't you remember your favorite topic of this morning? You seemed to take great pleasure in yelling it out to everyone."

"Huh? Oh... Oh! I get it!" Telca snickered, raising a hand to cover her mouth to stiffle her laughter. "She's right, Blacky. It's for your own good."

"Hey! I got it!"

The small group turned at the cry and looked at Kang, who was grinning like a fool as he held a small sphere of greenish light in his hands.

"Kewl. ....What's it do?"

"Telca. It's the locate spell I mentioned before. Don't you remember?" The 'give me a break' look her friend gave her made Lashana roll her eyes in exasperation as she walked over to the draconian. "Well, let's see what it does. Let it loose."

"Hey. You still didn't tell me why you're blocking me!" Blackwargreymon growled.

Nightcrawler snickered. "Dude. Think about it."

The Digimon blinked, then blushed furiously. "Oh."

Telca chuckled and walked over to the open door/wall, staring down into the dark corridor thoughtfully. "I wonder what's down there...."

"Charcoled bats for one thing," Remy noted, earning a glare from Telca. "Sorry, petite."

"I am so not going down there," Lashana stated stubbornly, crossing her arms over her chest again and glaring at people, daring them to try to change her mind.

Mewtwo rolled his eyes and grabbed her arm. ~C'mon. I'll go with you.~

"But there's spiders down there!!"

~And if I go with you I can put a barrier around you to keep them from touching you,~ he reasoned as he dragged her towards the corridor. ~Besides, someone's got to go with you in case Telca knocks you unconscious again.~

"Har har. Real funny," Telca growled, her eyes flickering from the usual violet to a dangerous amber. "You and I still have things to settle."

~Don't remind me,~ he grumbled, pulling a non-resisting Lashana with him as he started to make his way down the stairs.

Kang sighed and looked at the sphere floating above his hand, staring at it intently for a moment before gently tossing it into the air. It hung there for a moment, then pulsed brightly and shot down the newly found corridor, smacking Mewtwo in the back of his head before continuing on it's way.

Telca blinked at the sight and burst out laughing, leaning against Remy as she howled.

Lashana snickered and steadied a shocked Mewtwo. "You okay?"

He growled lowly and nodded. ~Yes. I'm fine,~ he answered as he shot a dirty look in Kang's direction.

"Sorry. I really didn't know it was going to do that!" the draconian choked out in between half-smothered chuckles. "Really!"

Blackwargreymon rolled his eyes and looked at his Bonded. "You be careful, okay? If you get into any trouble, just yell."

"Trust me: I will," she assured him, seeing Telca go to collect Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Kenshin as Kang walked down to join her and Mewtwo. "C'mon guys, lets get this over with." She grabbed Mewtwo's right hand and pulled him along with her as she headed down the stairs, smiling back at Kang when he Magicked up a light sphere so they could all see into the darkness. They'd kill me if they ever found out that I tricked them...

~Tricked who?~

Ack! Geez 'Two, give me a heart-attack why don'tcha? She glared at the Pokemon out of the corner of her eye and frowned. This is private, right?

~Of course.~ He quickened his pace and pulled her with him until they were walking a meter in front of everyone else. ~So, who did you trick exactly?~

Lashana smirked slightly. I didn't give Kang and Malcho any Magicks.

The Pokemon blinked and turned to stare at her in shock. ~Then what...?~

In Kang's case, I merely unlocked the power that he had been pushing back all this time. And as for Malcho... She paused and smiled, shaking her head slightly. He never realized it before. He's always thought that he could only use Magick be means of talismans and the like, but it takes a degree of Magick to be able to make those artifacts work.

~Then the weakness you have...if it isn't beacuse of that...~

I only slept three hours last night, 'Two. Add to that the fact that I'm on my cycle, that the painkillers have worn off, and that I've been knocked unconscious...it's just general exhaustion.

~Oh,~ he murmured. ~That explains why the Recover I used on you didn't work fully. It uses the energy of the one being Healed to fix any wounds. If you want, I could try again. Now that I know what you've told me, it would be a simple task of using my energy to Heal you.~

Nah. M'okay. I've been worse off than this. She glanced back at the others and stared when she saw that Remy was carrying Telca in his arms. "What the?"

"She saw a rat," Kang explained, rolling his eyes in exasperation.

"Be happy that she didn't start throwing fireballs," Lashana pointed out with a grin, chuckling when he stuck his tongue out at her. She looked ahead at the sound of a 'bamf' and saw Nightcrawler appear ahead of her. "Watch it Fuzzy. We don't know what's down here."

"Aw, it can't be that bad...." he trailed off at the sight in front of him and paled as he backed towards the others. "Mein Gott...."

"What?!" Lashana called, her voice cracking with badly hidden fright.

"Run!" he yelled as he turned and bolted, leaving them behind as he teleported away in a cloud of brimstone.

"Where the hell's he goin?!" Telca yelled over to Lashana.

"I dunno!" she yelled back before glancing at Mewtwo and creeping forward. Oh, I so don't want to do this....

"Lashana! Watch it!" Telca screamed when she saw something move above her friend. Acting on instinct, she hopped out of Remy's arms and sent half a dozen fireballs at the thing, paling when the firelight illuminated a huge spider. "Oh. Shit."