Digimon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Around The Anime Horn ❯ A Moment of Triumph ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AROUND THE ANIME HORN

A/N: Welcome to the eighth episode of Around the Anime Horn. I never thought that the series would be as productive as it is, but it has been shown to hold its weight well with a rookie writer. Just about everything is dedicated to war in this episode, but we will also have Elizabeth Smart news, as well. Plus, do you prefer freedom fries, freedom bread, or a freedom kiss from your sweetheart? All that and much more will be settled Around the Anime Horn!

Day 8: A Moment of Triumph (Recorded March 17, 2003)

(we're on the air)

Art Read: These four things I know are true! I hope that my little deal has convinced Matt Ishida never to make a bet with me on sports. The SARS epidemic might be a form of bio-terrorism directed to the capitalist countries of Asia. It's just that who's causing it is the question of the hour. It is a great day for the state of Utah, but there are still unanswered questions, and I'm Arthur Read. Let's go Around the Anime Horn!

(intro plays)

Voice Over: It's Around the Anime Horn, the show of competitive banter! Here now, Art Read calling all the shots!

Art Read: Welcome back to the guilty pleasure that is better shaken, not stirred. Let's get right to things with our anime panel, and here they are! From the hit WB! series Yu-Gi-Oh!, he is the creator of the Duel Monsters card game and a just plain creepy guy to boot. Please welcome the keeper of the millennium eye, Maximillion Pegasus. From Digimon Frontier, she is the lone female cast member who has what I feel is enough to go places in this game, unless my chauvinism gets the best of me. Everyone welcome Ms. Izumi Orimoto!

Orimoto: Hello, bait and switch.

Read: I'm not trying to say I discriminate, you have to appeal to me before I appeal to you. Our next panelist is the rotten apple in the eye of many Pokémon fans. If this were a drawing contest, he would probably make my entry look like it was a stick figure. Everyone welcome Tracey Sketchit to the show.

Sketchit: You're an aardvark, right?

Read: Yeah, why?

Sketchit: Well, you don't look that realistic. I wanted to sketch an aardvark for my `best of nature' club, but your nose is too… (MUTE; at -5)

Read (sarcastically): Oh, sure. Why don't you give me the Michael Jackson treatment, too? I have NEVER had any plastic surgery for my nose, and that's final. Speaking of final, our last panelist is the younger brother of last week's winner, Matt Ishida. He is trying to get a Digimon Adventure 01 character into the season finals. In 01, he was the cute kid with the strange, backward hat. In 02, he was the hot kid next door with the strange hat. His closest friends call him Takeru, but I'm not one of his closest friends. So please welcome TK Takashi to our humble abode.

Takashi: Watch me climb all the way to the top.

Read: I have no choice but to watch whatever you all do, and that includes banter. One thing, fir this episode only. Because there will be some topics I will not give points for, I am now going to give everyone ten points. Tracey will be even with everyone else, as well. It will be up to you to decide whether to keep those points, or not. This is the show that scores the argument, and here's how we do it with these joysticks and MUTE buttons:

For the first two rounds, scoring will be based on point of view, style and information.

O.K. answers get one point

Good answers get two points

Great answers get three points

The MUTE button (deduction of five points) is used to penalize and direct traffic during arguments.

We eliminate panelists in the second and fourth rounds so a one on one showdown determines the winner. Let's make it happen!

Voice Over: It's the Opening Remarks!

Read: Our first opening remark deals with the war in Iraq and the showdown with Saddam Hussein. It seems that after the Azores Summit news conference on Sunday, President George W. Bush will address the American public on Monday night at 8:00pm to set out final warnings for Saddam and his sons. I won't award points for this question, but I want to know, right now, at this very moment, what is your opinion on the war? Let's go around the horn to Miss Orimoto.

Orimoto: The possibilities for military action have become more and more clear over the past several months than anyone could imagine. Iraq has not buckled down since we first discussed war in September, and I doubt we will see that happen down the homestretch of this warpath. Hussein and his adult sons have been the nail in the back of millions of innocent Iraqi people for too long now. I feel that military action of this caliber should have taken fruition a long time ago, but no time is better than the present to make things right for the future.

Takashi: Really, what people have to understand is that Saddam Hussein is a murderous dictator. He was a former ally of the United States even when he made attempts to attack Iran in the early 80s. We began to realize how much of a threat he was to world stability in the early 90's with the attack on Kuwait. If the anti-war individuals would look beyond the fact that George W. Bush is president and his father George H. W. Bush was president for Operation: Desert Storm, there would be several more supporters of the cause. By educating yourself of the fact that there is a madman `running' a country, you'll see that it only makes sense that we act, and act swiftly. I hope for the best in all those involved fighting for the just causes.

Read: The child of hope makes a statement for hope. Pegasus?

Pegasus: I haven't talked much, but I know that war can be avoided in most situations, including this one, and here's why. You two are young, so I will not burn you for saying that war is the last resort. But I feel that there would have been a chance for Saddam to disarm completely if the U.S. would have cooperated with the UN to come up with a resolution that would satisfy both parties. I am concerned with the possibilities of war going to alternate areas, besides Iraq. I say that the chances are very likely for terrorist attacks to happen in the United States homeland while the military fights a war without a cause.

Sketchit: Like most people, I am in the middle of whether we should be going to war with Iraq or not. You have to look at both sides of the equation before you can answer it. In the case of those who are pro-war, you have to realize that you can't guarantee that Hussein will disarm completely if you just set up a collection of rules. For those against war, you have to remember that there are not only the innocent Iraqi people, but also the bordering nations in the Middle East that could very possibly be affected by war. It is either a win-lose situation for all participating parties because people are really split down the middle in the subject of war.

Read: Hey, Tracey, I have to agree with you on that statement, but I want to ask you this. Why do you feel that it would be hard to get Saddam to destroy his weapons when the United Nations is telling him to do so?

Sketchit: No one can doubt that Saddam Hussein is a ruthless killer with very little tenure when it comes to those that disobey his wishes. If you will remember Iraq had an election in the last few months. Saddam went unchallenged, but the regime said they got 100% of the votes for Hussein. I believe in the last election, those few people that didn't vote for Hussein we're tortured by one of his adult sons.

Takashi: Some would even call Saddam a hypocrite, because he is a big fan of American culture. The same American culture that he has bashed for nearly 25 years in power of Iraq. And here's a tidbit of information that many don't know. Saddam's favorite song is `Strangers in the Night'.

Pegasus: How about if I gave you some more tidbits. Saddam rivals Howard Hughes in the case of the twain being big germ freaks. Of course, we know about all of the body doubles he has at his disposal, but many people don't know about his fears of having gray hair or being too out of shape. He has fears like normal people do, but it would be almost wrong to mention the words `Saddam Hussein' and `normal' in the same sentence. Oh, I just did.

(horn blares)

Read: Izumi, you get the last word.

Orimoto: If someone comes up to the street and tells you we are not going to war, they are lying through their teeth. The United States does not need the approval of anybody but Congress to participate in any war and they already got that kind of approval months ago.

Read: Great arguing for no points, but that was the horn and time for our next topic! What a great day for the state of Utah! Why? On Wednesday, now 15-year-old Elizabeth Smart was found alive in suburban Salt Lake City, Utah. Her kidnappers were housekeeper Brian David Mitchell and his wife, Wanda Barzee. Smart was allegedly taken from her own bedroom in June of 2002 with her 10-year-old sister looking on. I will take points on this one, but I want to know do some things seem strange to you at all about this case? Let's go around the horn to Maximillion Pegasus.

Pegasus: I heard reports of Elizabeth Smart never really being that far away from her home. It doesn't make sense to me that she wouldn't be able to contact home. (three points; at 13) And don't even begin to tell me that the FBI abandoned the information of the only eyewitness to the crime scene to later find out her story was as good as gold. I have a strong feeling that the Smart parents are letting out less than the whole truth to the kidnapping and that this case is far from over. (two points; at 15)

Takashi: Pegasus is dead on with that statement, but it was a happy ending none the less for the Smart family and the state of Utah…

Read (interrupting): TK, I'm sorry. I don't mean to interrupt, but prosecutors are planning their case against Barzee and Mitchell, and one of the charges that is being brought up is sexual assault. How can you say the story is even over, now?

Takashi: Well, what I meant was that the search for Elizabeth is over and the family can get back to as normal of a home life as possible. (two points; at 12) The parents and their children are all resting safe after nine months of a meticulous search of the area and other states as well. Going back to what you said about a possible sexual assault charge, the Salt Lake City hospital gave Miss Smart a checkup just to make sure and everything turned out fine. (two points; at 14)

Sketchit: The Smart family laid claim to their morals and beliefs in God to pull them through a undoubtedly hard time. With the media, FBI and Salt Lake City Police on their backs trying to piece together a kidnapping. (three points; at 13) But it would be an understatement on my part to say that something is not right with how all of the pieces of the puzzle came together.

Orimoto: I recently found out that Mitchell was into polygamy. He called Elizabeth his second wife, which does not bode well for the possibility of a sexual assault charge not being considered. But one of my theories was that Mitchell had conspired with the Smart family. They could have been in a lot of debt and wanted to pay off everything with insurance money (two points; at 12) so they sent Elizabeth to Brian and Wanda for safekeeping until she was declared legally dead. Then Elizabeth would go back to her family after they went overseas to escape the press and the government. (two points; at 14)

Sketchit: How dare you say that…

Takashi (interrupting): This kind of behavior… (MUTE; now at 9)

Read: Go on, Tracey.

Pegasus (trying to get in his final two cents): This is a religious family, and what you detailed would be completely immoral. (two points; at 17)

Read: I gave you two points, but (MUTE for Pegasus; now at 12) I said that it was Tracey's turn.

Sketchit: How can you say that when the Smarts have shown themselves to be God-fearing Christians even through these tough times? Unfortunately, Brian David Mitchell believed that God told him it was right to be a polygamist. Wanda Barzee was his first wife and apparently, Elizabeth Smart was his second wife. (one point; at 14) And my sources tell me that in these types of cases, the family will publicly and verbally talk down the perpetrators, but I have seen none of that.

(horn blares)

Read: TK, you have the last word.

Takashi: There are some sick families out there that will do just about anything for the almighty buck. (two points; at 11)

Read: Tracey, do you have a sketch of a bug Pokémon?

Sketchit: Oh yes. I have… (MUTE; now at 9)

Read: I forgot to give you that MUTE back from the beginning of the show. Those were the Opening Remarks. We'll see if it is worth the hype, next!

After Round one, the scores are:

Maximillion Pegasus: 12 points

Izumi Orimoto: 14 points

Tracey Sketchit: 9 points

TK Takashi: 11 points

(commercial break)

(we're back on the air)

Voice Over: We are the decision-makers and the rule breakers on whether something's wack or If It's Worth the Hype!

Art Read: You heard the Voice Over! Let's keep it moving because it's worth the hype! First topic! If you didn't see or hear of the finish at the 100th race at Darlington between Kurt Busch and Ricky Craven, you don't know NASCAR. The 1,999th race in Winston Cup history saw Craven defeat Busch by .002 seconds in the closest finish in Cup's history of electronic timing, which dates back to 1993. It was a truly wild finish, but is NASCAR worth the hype? I know the answer to this question, but let's hear what Pegasus has to say.

Pegasus: It is absolutely worth every newscast, printed article and TV interview ever done in the sport's history. Generating much larger crowds than American football, I will say it is only outmatched in number of spectators by world soccer. (three points; at 15) All I have to say is that if you are not into NASCAR now, soon you will not have any choice as it will overtake American and World football in spectator numbers.

Orimoto: It's worth the hype, of course. Obviously many are not pleased with the leaders, but it has been the France's game for over 55 years. If you don't like the rules, then find another game to play. Another point Read brought up is the fact that they will have their 2,000th race next weekend. It is a tribute to the millions of NASCAR fans throughout the United States and the world. For anyone that dressed up like King Richard Petty (three points; at 17), booed Jeff Gordon or mourned over the death of The Intimidator, this is what you have been waiting for.

Sketchit: Izumi brought up an interesting point. Not many people are fans of the France family or Michael Helton for their style of doing business. I say that NASCAR is worth the hype, but it could be more hyped up to attract a younger, more hip audience. (three points; at 12) Rap star Nelly buying in to a Craftsman Truck can be a start in overall bringing in more minorities. Japanese car manufacturer Toyota, who does well no matter where they go, will stir up excellent competition depending on how the engines mature over these next few seasons. (two points; at 14)

Takashi: NASCAR is fine, but there is no motor sport with as much of a fan following from the very beginning like Formula 1 racing. Since its official inception in 1950, it has never slowed down, but like NASCAR has a lack of following overseas, F1 has failed to generate the fanbase in America that it had hoped for. (two points; at 13) Like NASCAR has Richard Petty, Tim Flock, The Allison's and Cale Yarborough, F1 has Juan-Manuel Fangio, Alberto Ascari, Jackie Stewart, Niki Lauda and Mario Andretti.

Read: Great insight on F1, but did you know that in the 60's, when NASCAR was still regulated to the south, NASCAR was second only to American football in national spectator sports. This was in a time when many people didn't even know about NASCAR.

Takashi: But it was a time when few people would find it attractive to even go to these events. (two points; at 15)

Read: You made your point and it was done well. Next topic! The NCAA Division I basketball tournament's field of 65 has been set. Arizona, Kentucky, Texas and Oklahoma we're all given #1 seats for the West, Midwest, South and East, respectively. I would like to know of these four seats, which one will be out of the tournament first, Izumi? In other words, which number one isn't worth all the hype?

Orimoto: It's going to be hard to say which number one is the worst, because all of these teams have their own great advantages. Texas has TJ Ford, Oklahoma has Kelvin Sampson and Hollis Price, Kentucky has Tubby Smith and a fine formula for success and Arizona has Lute Olsen and the experience of four seniors. But I would have to say the worst seed in this tournament is Arizona simply for bracket positioning. (three points; at 20)

Sketchit: I have to give the `hype' award to the team that didn't have the best year last year and that would have to be Texas. With two Big XII #1 seats in the tourney, all eyes will be on Price and Ford. But I personally think that because Ford has yet to experience the atmosphere of the Final Four (three points; at 17) so it is likely it could get the best of him, but his coaches will obviously say otherwise.

Takashi: The team that has the most hype is Arizona, through no fault of their own. It is the fault of the bracket makers by setting up the more competitive teams that don't have #1 seats in the West. (two points; at 17)

Read: Short, but sweet enough. Pegasus?

Pegasus: If I had to pick one team that had the biggest disadvantage, it would have to be Arizona, and if my opinion sounds like a cliché, I apologize because the bracket makers have made it hard for the number one team in the nation. (one point; at 16)

Read: That's fine with me. Next topic! The World Health Organization, a division of the United Nations, has detected a new form of pneumonia spreading in the countries in East and SE Asia. The disease is known as severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS. I won't take points for this question, but I want to know is this worth all of the media coverage, Tracey?

Sketchit: I think it is only worth it when it spreads to more countries than that of SE Asia. Until that, it is only shocking news to those in that region or those that have family members there.

Takashi: I think that people should be only the slightest bit concerned that SARS doesn't reach the regions they live in. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention are working around the clock to find not only a cure, but a source, with no success.

Pegasus: I am concerned with how fast the illness is spreading and that there have been deaths throughout the affected continents of the world. If it reaches the United States with the time it took to spread it throughout Asia, it could spell disaster unless a source and a cure can be found.

Orimoto: The SARS disease has been giving both the CDC and WHO a hard time. According to all the information I have, it doesn't have any type of source. Little is known about it, so the media can say little about it. I just hope that a cure or cause can be found and soon.

Read: The same goes for all those and their families. Next topic! Sony's Game Show Network has aired its first ever documentary. It's called `Big Bucks: The Press Your Luck Scandal' and it details the steps Paul Michael Larson took to win $110,237 on one day of playing the game known for its despicable Whammy character. To prepare for this question, you all saw the documentary, so I want to know was it worth the hype, TK?

Takashi: Well, during the 80's, Press Your Luck was one of the most compelling game shows in all of daytime television and by cracking the code to the big board, Michael outsmarted CBS, the Carruthers Company and got more than his share of 15 minutes of fame. (two points; at 19) Without a doubt it was worth the hype.

Pegasus: When you think about the six patterns he had to memorize, Larson was a bundle of complete concentration throughout the course of his turns. (two points; at 18) Learning how a sequence of light patterns go takes a good memory, and Michael had that. Unfortunately, he also felt like he had the need for money all of the time. (two points; at 20) And it led, along with other factors to his premature death.

Orimoto: Besides the game show of the sixties called Twenty-One, this has to rank as one of the biggest mishaps in game show history. As I saw on the documentary, right off the bat, the producers could tell that there was something different about Michael. They didn't even want him on the show, but because he was on the show, he became more help than hindrance. (three points; at 23)

Sketchit: Pegasus, I really think that the light patterns could be memorized, but it would have to take a lot of your time and energy to crack the code of the board. Fortunately, such a problem is foolproof with the board in the Press Your Luck remake. But Larson took control of everything that day and played all parties involved for the fools they were. (three points; at 20)

(horn blares)

Read: I as going to say something, but the horn means elimination time and it's time to say goodbye to TK Takashi? Man, I was sure he would do well in this game. It's in the genes, right? Well, I'll fathom that later because we have The Questionnaire, next!

(commercial break)

(we're back on the air)

Voice Over: It's Around the Anime Horn, where after two rounds, here's how they stand:

Maximillion Pegasus has 20

Izumi Orimoto has 23

Tracey Sketchit has 20

And TK Takashi ran out of gas for his hope-mobile.

And now… it's The Questionnaire!

Art Read: The Questionnaire is a simple five minute Q&A game where two points are awarded for correct answers, but two points are taken off for incorrect answers. Our panelists have been given buzzers and are encouraged to buzz in whenever they feel they have the answer. So if we are ready, let's put five minutes on the clock. The clock will start when I finish reading my first question. Anne Bancroft is famous for exploring what continent?

Tracey buzzes in first.

Sketchit (confident): Antarctica.

Read: Correct. (two points to Tracey; now at 22) In which U.S. City and state can you find Beale Street?

Pegasus buzzes in first.

Pegasus: Memphis, Tennessee.

Read: Correct. (two points for Maximillion; now at 22) If the Indianapolis 500 was run every year since its 1911 inception, what annual Indianapolis 500 will happen in 2009?

Tracey buzzes in first.

Sketchit: The 97th?

Read: No. (two points off Tracey; back at 20)

Izumi buzzes in.

Orimoto: The 98th annual?

Read: No. (two points off Orimoto; back to 21) You want to give it a shot, Pegasus?

(waits for buzzer)

(buzzer sounds)

Read: If the Indy 500 was run every year since 1911, then 2009 would be the 99th running of the Memorial Day Weekend spectacular. Out of any six people in the world, how many are of Islamic faith?

Pegasus buzzes in first.

Pegasus: One person.

Read: That is correct. (two points to Pegasus; now at 24) Antonio Meucci is credited for inventing what?

It took some time, but Izumi buzzes in first.

Orimoto: The telephone.

Read: Correct! (two points to Orimoto; now at 23) The Boston Red Sox or the Chicago Cubs? Which team has went the longest without a World Series win?

Tracey immediately buzzes in.

Sketchit: The Chicago Cubs.

Read: That is right. (two points; at 22) If your friend was `tickling the ivories in his living room', what is he doing?

Pegasus buzzes in first.

Pegasus: Playing the piano.

Read: Be more specific, please.

Pegasus (hesitating): Playing the piano… in his living room.

Read: Now we're talking. (two points for Pegasus; now at 26) Which two countries to the tallest basketball players live in?

Tracey buzzes in first.

Sketchit: Sudan and Slovakia.

Read: No. (two points off Sketchit; at 20) Anyone else? Well, Tracey was halfway there. The correct answers were Sudan for Maunte Bol and Romania for Gheorge Muresan. What is the largest oil and petroleum company in the U.S.?

Pegasus buzzes in.

Pegasus: Chevron-Texaco?

Read: No. (two points off Pegasus; now at 24)

Tracey buzzes in.

Sketchit: Exxon-Mobil?

Read: That's correct. (two points back to Tracey; now at 22) In TV Guide's 50 greatest TV shows of all time list, what is the only animated show that made the list?

Everyone scrambles to answer, but Tracey got to it first.

Sketchit: The Simpsons.

Read: Of course. (two points for Tracey; now at 24) I would have been the next in line. If you were masticating, what are you doing?

Pegasus buzzes in.

Pegasus: Chewing?

Read: That is correct! (two points; at 26)

(horn blares)

Read: And not a moment too soon! Let's recap the scores as we head into the penultimate pop quiz round. We have Maximillion Pegasus at 26, Izumi Orimoto has 23 and Tracey Sketchit has 24. Now in our pop quiz round each player will be given two questions related to material on the show. Each question is worth four points, but if you miss both questions, you will receive a MUTE and a deduction of five points. Now, unfortunately, none of you qualify for our season finals in a few weeks, but we will play for pride. So if Pegasus is ready, here is his first question. This year, two teams from the Big XII have #1 tournament seats. Which conference had two #1 seats last year?

Pegasus: The SEC.

(buzzer sounds)

Read: It was the ACC. Exactly how many years has it been since the Chicago Cubs won the World Series?

Pegasus: It's been 95 years.

(fanfare sounds)

Read: And you are correct. (four points; now at 30) Now for Izumi's questions. The Simpsons originally began as shorts on what comedian's self-titled show?

Orimoto: Tracey Ullman.

(fanfare sounds)

Read: Your second question is who is the shortest NBA basketball player of all time?

Orimoto: Earl Boykins.

(buzzer sounds)

Read: Boykins is 5'5", Tyrone `Mugsy' Bouges is 5'3". (four points; now at 27) Now for Tracey Sketchit's question. Of the three monotheistic religions, which one has the fewest followers?

Sketchit: Judaism has the fewest followers.

(fanfare sounds)

Read: And you wold be correct. Tell me, who was the first person to win a million dollars on `Who Wants To Be A Millionaire'?

Sketchit: It was John Carpenter.

(fanfare sounds)

Read: Tracey ends up being the only one to answer both of his questions. (eight points; at 32) And it ends up being the downfall for Izumi Orimoto, who must leave now and forever hold her peace as we prepare for the Final Showdown, next!

(commercial break)

(we're on the air)

Voice Over: It's time for the Final Showdown!

Read: Mr. Voice Over?

Voice Over: I'm way ahead of you Read. Our Final Showdown topic is dedicated to the change in seasons. We have the father of Duel Monsters and the Pokémon watcher everybody loves to hate. Make it happen!

Read: Don't I always? March 21 is the first day of spring. It's the season for blossoms, buds, cleaning and a chance to finally be rid of the snow throughout the winter. But I want to know, what are your pet peeves with spring? Thirty seconds each and we begin with Tracey, right now.

Sketchit: My pet peeve has to be the winter to spring sickness that I get every year. I also have allergies to pollen, grass, ragweed and other outdoor hallucinogens. But spring has also appeared to be advertised too much in recent years. I mean, how do you think we got spring-cleaning, spring break and other expressions of the like? I guarantee you they weren't spur of the moment ideas. But the governments and businessmen and women of the world have made a politically correct version of spring with swimming pools and ice cream cones. But it is all a lie. I rest my case.

Pegasus: I'll tell you what you need to rest. It's that headband, because it's making you dumber by the minute. Look, people will have problems with allergies, spring-cleaning, commercialism and the like, but don't drag spring break in as one of your pet peeves. I will remember back to my college days and I see why it's so popular now. Speaking for myself though, my pet peeve with spring has to be the beginning of another baseball season and more Bud Selig bashing, to boot. I have had enough of the old way things are run, and I feel now is a better time than ever to make a change.

(horn blares)

Read: Yeah, I agree with Pegasus on Tracey bashing spring break. Plus, he made that joke about my nose. He was destined to lose this game. Our winner is Maximillion Pegasus!

(fanfare sounds)

Read: Pegasus, you have 15 seconds, starting now.

Maximillion Pegasus: Ohio Senator Bob Nay has put his name in along with many that are tired of France's passive behavior when it comes to war with Iraq. So he wants all things with `France' or `French' in them to be replaced with `Freedom'. Next ting you know, we will be calling France's flag the freedom flag because American's are that patriotic. They won't stand for any more games.

(horn blares)

TK and Izumi return to the studio.

Read: Great use of face time. Before we leave, let's recap the scores for the tournament:

As of Day 8, who is in?

Gary Oak: 44 points

Misty Waterflower: 44 points

Yugi Mutou: 40 points

Kouji Minamoto: 40 points

Who is out?

Matt Ishida: 39 points

Daisuke Motomiya: 35 points

Maximillion Pegasus: 30 points

Hirokazu Shiota: 22 points

Read: That will do it for us, folks. Next week is the last chance for our panelists to shake up the tournament, and they are Keith Bandit, Koushiro Izumi, Ruki Makino, and Joe Kido. For our cast, panel and crew, this is emcee Arthur Read inviting you back Around the Anime Horn!

The panel and emcee talk into the end of the show.

(we're off the air)

Please review for Day 9: Outcries fall on death's ear