Digimon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Around The Anime Horn ❯ I’m a Celebrity, Stop The War! ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AROUND THE ANIME HORN

A/N: Welcome to the seventh episode of `Around the Anime Horn'. First, I would like to apologize for the delay of this episode. My ISP service was temporarily cut off, but I am back in session and ready to go again. On this episode, we tackle the relevance on celebrities and their impact on war, the final 12 for `American Idol' has been set and the big conferences have their tournaments this week. I have also formed my writing center called Sparks Enterprises. Combined with other fanfictions I do (EX: ATAH/Sparks) I will better be able to serve you, the reader. Log on to wil3579@aol.com for any suggestions you want to pitch to me. All that and a whole lot more on this edition of `Around the Anime Horn'!

Day 7: I'm a Celebrity, Stop The War! (recorded March 10, 2003)

(we're on the air)

Art Read: These four things I know are true! I am a celebrity and I say that my opinion only matters on levels, and war is one of them. Star quality cannot be narrowed down from nearly 75,000 to just 12. The greatest king of college controversy is Bobby Knight… until now, and I'm Arthur Read welcoming you around the anime horn!

(intro plays)

Voice Over: It's Around The Anime Horn, the show of competitive banter. Here now, Art Read!

Read: Welcome back to the guilty pleasure recommended by doctors four to one! Let's get right to it with today's panel tackling the news stories that matter. First, from the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise that is sweeping the nation, his older brother was on opening day and he will try to avenge his fourth-round loss. Everyone welcome Master Mokuba Kaiba!

Kaiba: Thanks for the introduction.

Read: You're welcome. Moving along now, this is the leader of the Digimon Frontier 04 group. As per usual, he has a knack for goggles and an adventurous mentality that often leads him into hot water along with his group. Welcome Takuya Kanbara.

Kanbara: Kouji made up that whole auditioning bit.

Read: That will be for myself to decide. Anyway, I am excited to have our next panelist here. With the exception of Ken who is no longer the Emperor and Seto who has taken on a less serious undertone, we have never had a full-fledged heel on the show before. Though he isn't pure evil, he works for Team Rocket HQ and Pokémon gym leader Giovanni. Please welcome a guy that would dress in drag at the drop of a hat (whispering; he's a freak) Mr. James Morgan.

Morgan: Good day, prince of gab.

Read (ignoring the remark): Finally, we have one of the original seven from '99 here with us. He is trying hard to get one of the Adventure series into the finals and he really hopes it's him. Meet someone that knows all about the sacrifices that you have to make to be a brother in a world where data is everything. Please welcome Matt Ishida to our humble abode.

Ishida: I'm pumped and ready to go. Let's do this.

Read: Very well, Matt. This is the show that scores the argument and here's how it's done with these joysticks and MUTE buttons.

For the first two rounds, scoring will be based on point of view, style and information.

O.K. answers get one point

Good answers get two points

Great answers get three points

The MUTE button (deduction of five points) is used to penalize and direct traffic during arguments.

We eliminate panelists in the second and fourth rounds so a one on one showdown determines the winner. Let's make it happen!

Voice Over: It's the Opening Remarks!

Read: We are knee deep in a potential war with Iraq now. With so much media covering every facet of potential combat, it seems as if celebrities have bigger mouths than the journalists. They are sending many pro and anti-war messages, but nearly 80% of Americans say that their messages fall on death's ear. Here's the question. In all honesty, do the celebrities that speak out on war really mean what they say or could it be another issue entirely? Let's go around the horn to James Morgan.

Morgan: Let me make this perfectly clear… the messages that celebrities bring do not matter whatsoever. Sometimes I think they only speak out on war to promote a project they're doing (two points; at 2) or their new book, advertisement or anything to keep them in the news. If you notice, many of these guys are B-List and are trying to regroup their popularity. (three points; at 5) Whenever you bring up the subject of money, there is no such thing as the word `no'.

Ishida: James, if you notice, this upcoming generation has only had the war on terrorism, the Persian Gulf of '91 and the end of the Cold War in '90. We are in a part of the world where violence has no place. (one point; at 1) They say that we don't need war and they agree because of the political correctness of the federal government. If you remember, the War on Terrorism was designed to wipe out all forms of terror throughout the war so we wouldn't have 9/11: Part 2 (three points; at 4) as a burden on our shoulders.

Kaiba: My style of determining whether someone is petitioning against war is looking at his or her behavior. Do they trot guns around wherever they may go? Do they have pictures and drawings of war scenes? (two points; at 2) I could go on and on, but you have to focus on the fact that some people are doing this for money. I completely agree with James on that front. Just look out for the ones that are contradicting themselves through use of the media.

Kanbara: I say that celebrities should go back to whatever talent got them there and use that to get their message out. Personally, I am on middle ground when it comes to war because I have to go back to when President Bush and Congress planned the War on Terror. From there I am reminded why we are at this current juncture of the war. Radical `Muslims' who hate everything that has to do with capitalism (three points; at 3) and realize that this is not part one of a war. Rather it is the next chapter of many wars.

Read: If I could just say one thing…

Kaiba (interrupting): The next chapter of many wars… (MUTE; now at -3)

Read: Hold on Mokuba. Takuya, do you honestly believe that the war with Iraq is a necessary endeavor on the part of the United States and if so, why does the media have to get involved?

Kanbara: The media has to be involved because there are over 100,000 members of the Screen Actors Guild and more than half are making under 100,000 dollars. (three points; at 6) If VIP's have a message, then expect people to hear it. They may not like what they hear, but that's just the way it is.

Morgan: These exercises done by the actors are just that… good acting. (three points; at 8) Unless you know something someone else hasn't told me or is completely new, nothing can sway the psyche of the American individual.

Ishida: The subject of is anti-war anti-American has come up in recent weeks. If you will remember Toni Smith who turns opposite to the flag during the National Anthem at her Manhattanville games. (two points; at 6) If you ask me, that is a form of anti-Americanism because the flag stands for a much bigger purpose than war. The same goes for anyone that tried to burn or desecrate the flag they should be arrested.

Kaiba: Now you would like…

(horn blares)

Read: Mokuba, you have the last word.

Kaiba: This war has been such a hot topic and now you want to arrest people that turn the other way when the flag is being held for purposes of developing a proud nation? I think you're contradicting the rights of the people. (three points; at 0)

Read: Matt, the young guy has a point. (MUTE for Ishida; now at 1) It sounded like you were for possible war, which means you are for freedom of speech. But you would have someone who is against war kicked to the curb faster than you can say `Al-Samoud 2'. I just see a lot of indifference. Next topic! The University of Georgia has placed Coach Jim Harrick on suspension with pay just days after his son Jim Harrick Jr. was fired for paying a $300 phone bill for former Bulldogs player Tony Cole nearly two years ago. Because of these actions, the Georgia Bulldogs team has forfeited the SEC Tournament and a near-guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament. Here is the question. It's obvious that the NCAA still can't control players and teams that break the rules, so what would you propose that would get the 327 Division 1-A teams to open their eyes? We'll go around the horn to Mokuba Kaiba.

Kaiba: I can't believe that I am going with baseball's system on this one, but they did do something right with egos the size of the Petronas Towers. But I think that a complete ban of the player or representative of the team is not a farfetched idea. (two points; at 2) For all those coaches that seem to have controversy follow them through every corner, why don't they scare them a little bit by giving them a three strike rule. Though it will probably take over a year to get officially off the ground it can happen. (two points; at 4)

Morgan: Your young and therefore I won't scold you for your naïve thoughts of how the NCAA can be purified because it just won't happen. (three points; at 11) In every sanctioning body in the world, you have to expect controversy. It is only human nature to not do things by the book because you know the way you do it will make you considerably better than the next guy.

Kanbara: Guys, for thousands of years, people have always wanted to be better than the next guy. The NCAA can try as hard as they want to get a solution on how to crack down on the rule breakers and they do a bang-up job of doing it, by the way. But they can't completely stop everything. Even some murders go unreported. (three points; at 9)

Ishida: I'm surprised that Takuya would even compare a murder to an NCAA offense. Let me put it this way. You will always have rule breakers and if you know who these guys are, then you can take them out of the picture completely (three points; at 4) if they are still doing fraudulent acts. You label these people and penalize the schools that hire them by way of scholarship money and resources, then we will really see if the schools will wise up to the cost of hiring these people. (two points; at 6)

Read: Before anyone else responds, I want to send this out to Takuya. You say that there is no way the NCAA can ban fraudulent acts completely. In what way can you say the NCAA can prevent teams from buying into these coaches?

Kanbara: The NCAA has a poll of their own that determines where the 327 Division 1 teams rank. If you can guarantee that a team will be lower in that RPI or other ranking, then that will lower their chances at a high tournament seating. (one point; at 10) This makes for less of a chance of facing off against the mid-major teams that in truth are only there for pride, but make everything fun.

Kaiba: But can you guarantee…

Morgan (butting in): Doesn't the idea seem… (MUTE; now at 6)

Read: Go on, Mokuba.

Kanbara (interrupting): They will have to earn their stripes… (MUTE; now at 5)

Read: Is you name Mokuba Kaiba? I promise no more interruptions.

Kaiba: Thanks. That appears to be too radical for the NCAA to pull off. They would need a lot of support and many people are against the entire process (two points; at 6) so that idea has already taken a back seat before even going anywhere.

Ishida: The only…

(horn blares)

Read: Matt, you have the last word.

Ishida: The one thing you can take away to get the attention of the programs is money, because it makes the teams go round. (one point; at 7)

Read: I agree. I wish I could say more, but those were the Opening Remarks. We will make up our own `Field of Dreams', next!

After Round 1, the scores are:

Mokuba Kaiba: 6 points

Takuya Kanbara: 5 points

James Morgan: 6 points

Matt Ishida: 7 points

(commercial break)

(we're back on the air)

Voice Over: It's time for our panelists to make their `Field of Dreams'!

Art Read: And we have to keep it moving. That is the key to Field of Dreams. First topic! It's tournament week in the NCAA as the top conferences duel it out for prime seating in the biggest dance of the year. So tell me, in your field of dreams, who would be champions in the Big Ten, Pac-10, Big XII, Big East, SEC, ACC and Conference USA tournaments in that order? We'll begin with Mokuba.

Kaiba: The conference champs are in the order you said, Notre Dame, Arizona, Colorado, Pittsburgh, Florida, Duke and Louisville. (two points; at 8)

Kanbara: For the Big Ten, I choose Illinois, Pac-10 goes to Oregon, and Big XII goes to Missouri. For the Big East, I pick Georgetown, the SEC title goes to Kentucky, the ACC title will head for Maryland and Conference USA will go Cincinnati. (three points; at 8)

Read: I liked your names better than Mokuba's. James?

Morgan: The Big Ten title will go to Indiana, Pac-10 will go to my dark horse pick of UCLA, the Big XII will go to Kansas, (three points; at 9) and St. John's will be another dark horse winner for the Big East. The SEC title will go to Alabama, the ACC will be in the possession of Duke and Conference USA's title will go to Louisville.

Ishida: The Big Ten will go to Indiana, but the Pac-10 will go to my dark horse of USC, and the Big XII will go to Texas. (three points; at 10) UConn is a stretch to make it to a Big East win while in the SEC you should watch out for Mississippi State. (three points; at 13) The ACC will go to North Carolina and Conference USA may surprise people with the Memphis team.

Read: You get six points, but (MUTE; now at 8) why would you even suggest the possibility that USC or North Carolina had a chance at winning? Considering how much little performance they have shown this regular season. Tell you what, if even one of these teams wins their respective conference tournament, I will give ten points to each panelist right off the bat. If they both do it, I'll give the panelists twenty points. Let's move on to out next topic! I promise to keep that promise, by the way. The final 12 for American Idol have been set. They include Carmen, Charles, Clay, Corey, Joshua, Julia, Kimberly Caldwell, Kimberly Locke, Rickey, Ruben, Trényce and Vanessa. All are between the ages of 16 and 24 and obviously have awesome singing voices. So in your field of dreams, if you had to pick just one, who you would you want as your personal singer? Let's start with Takuya.

Kanbara: If it were up to me, I would have Kimberly Caldwell sing anything to me. She sounds so good, she would not only calm the savage beast, she could slay it. (three points; at 11) And she's real cute too.

Read: Careful, tiger. James?

Morgan: Ruben has a voice that could bring the R&B/Soul industry down to its knees. Though he is a big guy, Simon hasn't said he needs to lose `a few pounds'. (two points; at 11) He is probably afraid of him, so Ruben could double as the head of security in my field of dreams.

Read: Ruben will have the R&B/Soul industry worshiping the ground he walks on, soon.

Ishida: Here's another two for one deal. Rickey can be both my singer and my Eddie Murphy impersonator. (two points; at 10) And being the musician I am, I could possibly start a trend for all of music. With my guitar in voice and his voice, we could combine rock and R&B like never before.

Read: It's shameless promotion, but good shameless promotion.

Kaiba: The majority of these people are pop/R&B singers, but the one that stands out with a real clear edge is Corey if you had just based this competition on looks and a stage presence alone. (three points; at 11)

Read: But if you had to pick a singer, who would it be and why?

Kaiba: It would have to be Ruben. Let's face it, this young man has an extremely strong voice. The only thing I wonder is why he wasn't discovered a long time ago.

Read: Good enough for me. Next topic! Last weekend, the big box office hit was the surprise comedy `Bringing Down the House' with an estimated 31.7 million dollars. The film stars Steve Martin playing a tax lawyer who accidentally stumbles upon a convicted felon, played by Queen Latifah, who is also gunning for a Best Supporting Actress Oscar in two weeks. Anyway, Latifah's character would like to clear her name because she says she didn't commit the crime. This movie obviously drew people and money, but critics hailed it as offensive and controversial. Can you say `Barbershop'? To get prepared for this question, we all saw the movie separately and I'd now like to get your opinion on where this movie ranks as flat out funny in your field of dreams without spoiling the details? Let's begin with James.

Morgan: What people have to do is not listen to critics and what they have to say, because to yourself you are the only critic that matters. So ask yourself if you would like to see this movie before anyone else gives you a convincing answer. (one point; at 12) In terms of racial jokes, I say this actually toppled Barbershop because most of their jokes were centered on African-Americans. Still, there was a great story involved and everyone in the theater looked like they had fun.

Ishida: I found the movie to be very truthful to problems such as gold digging women trying to get as much as they can from old men that should spend their last years in nursing homes or retirement centers. As well as the pressures from outsiders after going through divorce, but who the hell am I kidding? The movie was laugh out loud funny. I think the audience spent half the time quiet and half the time you could barely hear anything because one joke was funnier than the next one. (two points; at 12)

Kaiba: I saw it with Seto during the weekend and I have to say we didn't leave the theatre disappointed at all. We had a contest to determine what was the funniest scene. Although I can't say what it was, it involved `getting it on'. I don't think it was a funny as Barbershop, but you have to admit that they did things no other comedy, much less director would even try to get away with. I would put this in my field of dreams, just so I can have my time to laugh like there was no tomorrow. (two points; at 13)

Kanbara: I have to say the movie was funny, offensive, stereotypical, witty, and eye-catching all at the same time. You would be kidding yourself if you thought that this comedy was better than Barbershop. Though it had names that the young and the old would recognize, it can't compare to the outlandish attacks on Black America given by Cedric the Entertainer. (three points; at 14)

Read: I thought it was a good movie, but Takuya just made my point, so there's no reason we shouldn't be going to the next topic! For all those viewers of the guilty pleasure that is `The Anna Nicole Show' or E! Entertainment Television in general have seen ads for the newest E! reality show. It's called `The Michael Essany Show' and it's about a 20-year-old college student out of Valparaiso University in Valparaiso, Indiana who has run a weekly late night show for their local public access TV network for the last five years in the hopes of making it big himself. His mom and dad both work as stagehands and do practically everything but host. The only guy I left out is Michael's sidekick, Mike Randazzo. Aside from that, Essany has hosted celebrities like Kevin Bacon, Jewel, Carrot Top, Kelly Rowland from Destiny's Child and just yesterday Tom Green was on the show. To get Essany on the two major late night networks, you have to take away one show. So does Essany fit in your field of late-night dreams and if so who goes? Let's go around the horn to Matt Ishida.

Ishida: The world of late nigh shall soon be shaken up. While going to watch an NCAA game at Valparaiso, I stayed at a hotel and wanted to find something to watch. I found Essany and found his style to be far ahead of those even three times his age. (two points; 14) If he is going to late night, Craig Kilborn has to go back to ESPN.

Kaiba: Essany has the determination and the all out love for making it big that I have not seen before until now. If you look at his family, sidekick and his guests, they can all tell he is ready for late night. (two points; at 15) If I had to get rid of anyone, I'd unfortunately have to be Conan O'Brien because he has to rely on others for his humor.

Kanbara: Essany makes his own monologues. Who else does that in late night or will even make the effort to do that? (three points; at 17) My point has been made, but if there is anyone that has to leave late night, make it Jimmy Kimmel, who should go work with either Ben Stein or Adam Carola and stay there.

Morgan: Essany jut has to keep with his gig for a little while longer and he will be in late night in no time at all. (one point; at 13) But if there was anyone that I would want to replace Essany with, it's Letterman. But with his condition, things may not go as planned here.

(horn blares)

Read: The horn means it's elimination time, and it's time to bid farewell to James Morgan. At one time in round one he had 11 points, but now he is nonexistent from here on out. We will draw from `The Grab Bag' next!

(commercial break)

(we're back on the air)

Voice Over: It's Around The Anime Horn, where after two rounds, here's how they stand:

Mokuba Kaiba has 15

Takuya Kanbara has 17

Matt Ishida has 14

And James Morgan is protecting the world from devastation.

And now… it's The Grab Bag!

Art Read: The Grab Bag will test our panelists' knowledge with three news stories, but the only way they'll know what they will be talking about is with brief clues I will give that serve as headlines. The eye-catching headlines, by the way. In any event, each panelist will choose a headline they'd like to talk about. They and only themselves will have thirty seconds to impress me by making the best argument based on the question that is tagged in with the headline. Whoever delivers the best argument will win 17 points, second place will get 14 points, and whoever choked on their argument will get 13 points. Panelists, if you are ready, let's see the headlines!

The headlines are:

Mercedes Been (Benz) off to a fine start

France is as picky as ever at the world's table

Moose shows qualities of a black sheep

Read: Matt Ishida, since you have the lowest score, you will pick from the three headlines first. Which one do you want?

Ishida: I'll take the Moose headline.

Read: Very well. (Takes card from Moose headline and prepares to read it.) The police chief of Montgomery County in Maryland Charles Moose appears to be in trouble with the same law that he upholds. By writing a book and selling his story to Hollywood, Moose will be earning profit from people not affiliated with the Montgomery County Government. So, should Moose be allowed legally to do this? Matt, you have thirty seconds and they begin right now.

Ishida: If you have a memorable story that you feel needs to be told to overt many of the rumors, then you have the right to have that story go public. Charles Moose had to hold his head up high for three weeks and deliver the story of the Metro area serial sniper to the American media, who would obviously eat up all that they could find. I say that Moose should be encouraged to sell his story. He was working within the boundaries of his job to make sure that everyone knew what they had to know and that was all. He is a man that is passionate, considerate and for the people. If you may remember that night the sniper was found, he thanked several members of different organizations that had big hands in the investigation. This just shows the pure ignorance towards a man that few people outside of Montgomery County knew about for doing his civil duty.

(horn blares)

Read: Not bad, but I think it would have helped you some to explain how he was treated by the general public, as well. We'll se how you hold up. Mokuba Kaiba has the second lowest score and he gets to select from our two remaining headlines.

Kaiba: I'll pick France is a picky as ever at the world table.

Read: I think we all know what this is about. The second UN Resolution has been set for March 17, which is one week from today. We all know how strongly the French have opposed this war, so I want to know since France has a permanent seat in the Security Council, will the US ever get approval from the UN to seek action against Iraq? Thirty seconds for Mokuba Kaiba and they begin right now.

Kaiba: Well, as you put it, March 17 is the day that Iraq will either have to put up or shut up and face war. It is a shame it had to come to this, but with the support of a few European nations and their ally for life, Great Britain, the United States will be heading for war. They don't need the approval of the UN to go to war, and that is the unfortunate thing, but if there is a time extension for weapons to be destroyed, it will lead to a third resolution and more wait for everyone. Now that we know all of the bio-terrorist weapons such as anthrax that were hidden for so long and weapons inspectors seem to find more weapons everyday, it could be a long shot, but enough for the US to get the nod.

(horn blares)

Read: Not bad, but there is one more panelist and one more headline to go before I begin dishing out points. Takuya, by process of elimination, you get our final headline. Yesterday, at local time in Melbourne, McLaren Mercedes F1 driver David Coluthard shocked everyone, including himself by winning the Australian Grand Prix and getting the Mercedes team sixteen points towards the manufacturer's championship. Is this win a precursor to how the rest of the season should look? Thirty seconds and they begin right now.

Kanbara: Actually, I think it's hard to say how this season will shape up. What you have are the cars all impounded after final qualifying, meaning no set ups can be put into the cars afterwards. There are no more radio transmissions from pit to car and car to pit. Single car qualifying, and because the cars are sitting in parc fermé mode until reconnaissance laps, it should make everything exciting. Michael Schumacher continues to look like he may be the guy to beat, but all of this year's bodies rival the F2002 that Ferrari designed. Perhaps maybe at Imola, we will get our first chance to see if the F2003 or McLaren's radical design will cut the mustard. Remember that Adelaide is only the first of 16 test for the greatest drivers in the world.

(horn blares)

Read: All of you made great statements, but the winner is the one that stuck within the boundaries of the question. I think you all watching would agree that that guy is…Matt!

Points are awarded like this:

By adding 13, Mokuba Kaiba has 28

By adding 14, Takuya Kanbara has 31

By adding 17, Matt Ishida has 31

Read: That was the Grab Bag, and I feel like we should get right into our pop quiz! Each of our guys get two questions related to material on this show. Each correct answer earns them four points, but if they get both wrong, they will be the victim of a MUTE and a five point deduction. If we are ready, let's begin with Mokuba. Your first question is, how many teams in all are part of the big seven conferences, which include the ACC, Big East, Big Ten, Big XII, Conference USA, Pac-10, and SEC?

Kaiba (doing the math in his head, but then decides to give in): I couldn't even begin…

(buzzer sounds)

Read: There are 76 teams in those conferences. I don't know if even the most hardcore fans knew that one. Your second question is, what TV series introduced Queen Latifah?

Kaiba: The series Living Single.

(fanfare sounds)

Read: Correct! (four points to Kaiba; now at 32) Now, onto Takuya Kanbara. Give me the name of one of the two that were first eliminated from the first `American Idol' top 10.

Kanbara: Uh… E.J. Day.

(fanfare sounds)

Read: Good work, your second question is, who was the oldest member in the twosome involved in the serial sniper shootings?

Kanbara: John Allen Muhammad.

(fanfare sounds)

Read: Great job at getting eight points. (Kanbara is now at 39) Now, we continue on with Matt. Who was the second of two that were eliminated from the `American Idol' top 10?

Ishida: A.J. Gil.

(fanfare sounds)

Read: Good going, your second question is, what product was the reason for the Belgium Grand Prix not being run in the 2003 FIA F1 World Championship?

Ishida: Tobacco.

(fanfare sounds)

Read: Great job on those questions. (eight points to Ishida; now at 39) Now that we are at the end of our fourth round, it is elimination time and it means we must bid farewell to Mokuba Kaiba. No offense, but I think he was a little too young for our final showdown, which is next.

(commercial break)

(we're back on the air)

Voice Over: It's time for the final showdown.

Art Read (continuing): And although our two finalists are mathematically eliminated from the season finals, we will play this argument for pride. Voice Over?

Voice Over: Yes?

Read: What is our showdown topic of the day?

Voice Over: Read, we've got the Broadway strike on our minds and two voices from the same mouth to deliver the message. Make it happen!

Read: You must be talking about Michael Reisz. All right. Let's get to the question. The Broadway Theatre Corporation has been on strike since Friday. Apparently, there was a dispute between the number of live musicians that could perform on stage at a time. The musicians wanted as many as 26 live musicians on stage, while Broadway only wanted about seven at one time. Because of this, Broadway actors have also gone on strike. Here's the question. What type of role does Broadway play in American pop culture? Thirty seconds each and we will begin with Matt, right now.

Ishida: Broadway is a gateway to entertainment's past. Live musical stage plays with live music and people from all walks of life have been a part of the spectacle that is Broadway. It is just another sad example of popularity breeding greed from even the most humble of individuals. This is an excellent thing gone wrong. There are thousands of people that come to Broadway shows every week. If they come to New York just to be denied the opportunity of several others, it will not do well for their overall first impression with some people.

Kanbara: Oh, sure. Mention the guy that would rather hang out with Nathan Lane and watch `The Lion King' than get into the future of entertainment. Sure, Broadway is great, but it really is a symbol of how far we have come with pop culture in general. There was a time where there were no televisions. People would take their vehicles or their carriages and go to the local play or theater and watch either a film of sorts or a play. Broadway is one of few chance opportunities for us to retrace back to the age of live theatre and remember all the things our early relatives did to make things easier for us.

(horn blares)

Read: Takuya, I think you just spent all that time as a retrospective connected with Broadway. The winner of Day 7 is… Matt Ishida!

(fanfare sounds)

Read: Matt, you have 15 seconds, starting now.

Matt Ishida: We have the Oscars in two weeks. They have all but guaranteed that the show will go on in Los Angeles. CBS is talking about the possibilities of sending the NCAA Tournament to cable TV. It may seem like war is taking affect on sanctioning bodies on the outside, but if you look in, war only seems like a minor distraction, for now.

(The horn blares as we see James and Mokuba reenter the studio on their fiberoptic screens.)

Read: Great use of face time! Now it's time to check how things stand in our ATAH Tournament, so far:

As of Day 7, who is in?

Gary Oak: 44 points

Misty Waterflower: 44 points

Yugi Mutou: 40 points

Kouji Minamoto: 40 points

Who is out?

Matt Ishida: 39 points

Daisuke Motomiya: 35 points

Hirokazu Shiota: 22 points

Read: That will do it for us folks, next week will feature Maximillion Pegasus, Izumi Orimoto, Tracey Sketchit and TK Takashi. For our entire cast panel and crew, I am the emcee, Arthur Read, inviting you back next week, Around the Anime Horn!

The panel and emcee talk into the end of the telecast.

(we're off the air)

Please R/R for Day 8: A Moment of Triumph