Digimon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Pokemon Frontier ❯ Chapter 10: The Gym Leader Brock ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Gym Leader Brock

“Hey did everyone have a good night sleep?” Zoe asked. “Yeah.” Takuya said while everyone else just nodded. Then Alyssa walked in through the double doors. “Hey you guys.” Alyssa said.

“Hey where were you anyway?” May asked. “I was training with my pokemon.” Alyssa said. “This early?” Koji asked. “I’m just an early riser.” Alyssa answered.

“Then to warm up for the Gym Battle how about a battle?” Takuya asked Alyssa. “Sure that’s fine with me.” Alyssa said as they went outside. Once they were outside they went onto the nearest battle field and went onto opposite sides.

“I’ll let you go first.” Alyssa shouted over to Takuya. “Alright then go Pikachu!” Takuya shouted as he threw Pikachu’ s poke ball. In a burst of light Pikachu appeared and landed on the field.

“Then lets go Luxray!” Alyssa shouted as she threw Luxary’ s poke ball. Then Luxary appeared on the field. “What is that.” Zoe asked. Takuya then took out his pokedex. “Luxray the Gleam Eyes Pokemon. Luxray is the fully evolved form of Shinx. It can see clearly through walls to help track it’s prey and seek it’s lost young.” The pokedex said.

“I’ve never seen that pokemon before.” Koji said. “Well you might not have seen this pokemon before because it’s native to the Sinnoh region.” Alyssa explained.

“Then I get to be the first one to beat a new pokemon from the Sinnoh region.” Takuya said proudly. “Try all you want Takuya, but you’ll never beat Luxray!”

“We’ll see about that Pikachu use thunder bolt!” Takuya shouted as Pikachu charged up electricity then released it, but when the bolt of electricity hit Luxray, but didn’t seen to be affected at all. In fact Luxray looked stronger and was charged with electricity.
“What why didn’t it work?” Takuya wondered looking surprised.

“Sorry Takuya, but that won’t work on Luxray. You see Luxray is a electric type and when hit with an electric type move it can absorb it and add it on to his own power and that move is known as charge.” Alyssa explained.

“Now Luxray use thunder fang!” Alyssa shouted as Luxray charged up some electricity and focused it onto his fangs.

Then charged at Pikachu, but Pikachu was able to jump out of the way just in time. But Luxray used his agility to come up behind Pikachu and bit Pikachu ‘s ear. Pikachu was shocked with electricity and was knocked out instantly.

Everyone gasped they were amazed on how strong Luxray was.

“Pikachu return.” Takuya said. “Nice try Takuya, but I have never seen anyone who can beat Luxray.” Alyssa explained.

“Oh that’s right I never told you guys Alyssa is one of the best known pokemon trainers in Sinnoh and so is Ruby.” May explained.

Everyone gasped again execpt Koji who kind of expected it since Alyssa seemed like a good trainer.

“What and you didn’t tell us I would have thought about challenging her if I knew that.” Takuya said.

“Yeah ,but if you did know then you would have never of challenged me in the first place. You see the reason I came here was not just because my rival Ruby came here it was also because that way someone would challenge me besides Ruby so I could have a good battle. Since Ruby and I are known as some of the best trainers in the Sinnoh region we don‘t get challenged that much unless there are trainers that are confident enough that they know their pokemon are going to win.” Alyssa explained.

“Well anyway are we going to challenge the gym leader or not?” Koji asked.

“Of course we are.” Casey said looking very excited. “All right then lets go.” Takuya said as they all headed toward the gym. When they entered they saw that they were in some kind of lobby. Then someone came out through two sliding doors.
“Hey I know who you are you’re here to see the gym leader. You came here yesterday.” He said as he pointed to Alyssa.

“You what!!” Takuya yelled. “You see.” Alyssa began.

“When I was showing Gary and J.P where the pokemon center was and I didn’t see where they were I thought they had gone ahead so I just came here to guarantee myself a challenge with the gym leader. So that when I came back here I would be able to challenge him first. Then I went to the pokemon center to rest up my pokemon and to meet up with May.” Alyssa explained.

“But I wanted to go first.” Takuya pouted. “Oh well now shut up.” Koji said very annoyed. “Well why don’t you go dye in a hole. Oh but that would be a waste of a hole.” Takuya said.

“Why you…” Koji said but couldn’t finish because Zoe and Koichi split them up. “O.K if you guys are finished fighting then I will take you to the gym leader. And my name is Forester.” Forester explained as he walked through the double doors then everyone else followed him.

On the way to see the gym leader Takuya and everyone else introduced themselves.

Once they got to the Gym battle area where the gym leader and the challenger have a pokemon battle they were amazed. The area had rocks all over the place. And it had some benches off to the side where the people who are watching can sit.

Then after a few minutes a person came out off the door way on the other side of the area. “Hey Brock.” Alyssa yelled out to him. He then ran over. “Who’s Brock.” Casey asked. “Oh he is the gym leader here.” Alyssa explained.

“He is.” Zoe said. “Yeah didn’t I just say that.” Alyssa thought. “Yeah.” Alyssa said.

“Oh Alyssa you’re here for your challenge right?” Brock asked. “You bet.” Alyssa said as they both ran out to the Gym battle area and everyone else sat on the benches to watch. Then the referee came out.

“All right this battle between Brock the gym leader and Alyssa from Twinleaf town will begin shortly after I explain how many pokemon you will use and who will go first. This battle will be a two on two battle. The challenger has the opinion to go first.” The referee explained.

“Now begin.” The referee said. “Go Luxray!” Alyssa shouted then Luxray appeared out of it’s poke ball.

“Go Geodude!” Brock shouted as Geodude appeared out of it’s poke ball.

“What pokemon is that.” Zoe said as she took out her pokedex. Geodude the Rock pokemon. Many Geodude live on mountain trails and remain half buried while keeping an eye on climbers.

“Luxray use Quick Attack!” Alyssa shouted as Luxray then started circling Geodude really fast making it look like there were dozens of Luxrays.

“Geodude use Rock Throw!” Brock shouted. Geodude then started throwing rocks at Luxray, but it missed several times before it actually hit Luxray. Luxray was hit several feet away.

“Luxray use Iron Tail!” Alyssa shouted. Luxray’ s tail glowed. Luxray then charged at Geodude and then jumped into the air and hit Geodude with it’s tail. Geodude was defeated.

“Geodude return.” Brock said as he returned Geodude to it’s poke ball. Alyssa then did the same with Luxray.
“But wait a second I don’t get it how come Luxray won. It’s a electric type and Geodude is a rock type.” Takuya asked. “That’s because Iron Tail is a steel type move and since Geodude is a rock type it is as twice as effective.” Forester explained.
“Oh I guess that makes sense.” Takuya said.

“Go Prinplup!” Alyssa shouted as Prinplup came out of it’s poke ball.

“Prinplup?” May asked as she took out her pokedex. Prinplup the Penguin pokemon. Prinplup is the evolved form of Piplup. It lives alone, away from others. Everyone one of them thinks it’s the most important.

“Go Onix!” Brock shouted as Onix came out of it’s poke ball. “Prinplup use Metal Claw.” Alyssa shouted. Prinplup’s wings glowed and Prinplup ran at Onix.

“Onix use Rock Tomb!” Brock shouted.” Then rocks fell and landed on Prinplup.

Prinplup had been buried by the rocks. Then Prinplup used it’s Metal Claw and the rocks shattered.

“Prinplup use Whirlpool!” Alyssa shouted. Prinplup jumped into the air and a Whirlpool formed above it. Prinplup then threw it arms toward Onix and the huge Whirlpool moved toward Onix.

“Onix use Dig!” Brock shouted. Onix then tunneled under the ground. The Whirlpool just missed it.

“Man I can’t believe Brock’s Onix was able to dodge that.” Takuya said. Then Onix burst out of the ground that was under Prinplup’s feet.

“Prinplup use Drill Peak!” Alyssa shouted. Prinplup while still in the air started to spin and hit Onix head on. Onix was knocked out as soon as Prinplup made contact. Onix dropped to the ground unconscious.

“The winner of the battle is the challenger Alyssa from Twinleaf town.” The referee said. “Prinplup return, good job Prinplup.” Alyssa said. Brock then walked up to Alyssa and gave her a Badge.

“Here you earned the Rock Badge.” Brock explained. “Thanks.” Alyssa said then walked toward everyone else.

“Hey that was great battle.” Takuya said. “Thanks Prinplup and I have been working on learning Drill Peak for a long time now.” Alyssa explained.

“So I guess it’s my turn to battle now.” Takuya said. “Actually I was thinking that we should wait until tomorrow.” Koji suggested.

“Besides Takuya you haven’t trained or prepared for this match in anyway I think you should wait until you challenge him.” Koji said. “Fine Mr. I know everything.” Takuya said.

“Well then lets go we can all train together.” Takuya said. “Yeah!!” Everyone shouted in excitement. Then they all left the gym to prepare for battles they will have in the future.

“Will Takuya be able to win his next gym battle?? Or will he not even go to the gym??”

Alyssa12334: Sorry it took so long to get this chapter out.