Digimon Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Inside Archangel Bloodraven ❯ Chapter 3

[ A - All Readers ]

A Tour of Bloodraven Keep
With Archangel Bloodraven

Kari sat patiently on the porch sipping her iced tea. It's so nice for Arch to have some company over. She thought spreading her wings slightly before hiding them close to her body again. He really needs to hang around someone other than us muses.

"Hello there." A voice called. "We're looking for 1515 Dark Angel Drive?"

Kari waved a hand affably at the numbers hanging above and behind her. "And you've found it Robster." She said stepping lightly off the porch to kiss the author on each cheek. "And you must be Kale and Bliss. Arch talks about you two a lot. Come on in."

"I can't believe I'm talking to an anime character." Kale said as he walked up the stairs.

"And one with wings at that." Bliss said.

"My Prima form that I acquire at the end of Defender's Keep, IF ARCHANGEL EVER FINISHES!" She yelled suggestively as the quartet entered the house. "It just makes me want to scream."

"Well, I must say you are attractive." Robster said.

"She's already got a man Robster." Kale reminded him. "About 90% of Arch's stories have some Takari in them."

"I guess you're right. Besides I don't really think it would work out between a human and a ..."

"Toon. You can say it." Kari laughed. "It's not a dirty word. Into the library please."

"I just can't imagine Arch living here." Bliss said running her fingers through her hair. "It's just too... normal."

"Well he doesn't. Not exactly." Kari said pulling down a leather bound copy of Who Will Pray For Me? and a section of the bookcase split apart to reveal a glowing silver portal. "I'll need to ask each of you to go through and come back just to make sure you can. Bliss."

The girl nodded, took a deep breath, and stepped through the shimmering vortex.

Kari waited, watching her wristwatch and biting her lip. "She's taking too long."

"Is she all right?" Kale asked.

Suddenly Bliss tumbled from the portal hair wildly in disarray. "What a rush! It's like sliding through a stargate but a hundred times more intense." She grinned.

"So you made it through all right?" Robster asked as Kale stepped through the doorway.

"More or less. There's like a barrier there or something." She said frowning.

"Neo." Kari mumbled as Kale tumbled gasping from the aperture. "Robster, you're up."

Never anyone to quail from a challenge, Robster took a running start and dove though the rift headfirst.

"I hope he comes through all right. That stone floor is pretty unforgiving." Kale said flexing his knees.

A few long minutes later Robster tumbled back nursing his wrists. "Handspring." He explained.

"All right. Let's go see the Archangel." Kari said stepping through the portal with the others close behind.

"Greetings." Archangel Bloodraven said. He was dressed in a simple black slacks and an open silk shirt. "I'm glad you could all make it." He said sliding down the banister of the marble staircase to land on the floor below.

"Nice kitty." Bliss said nervously as a large black panther wound around Arch's legs.

"Oh don't mind Oracle." Arch said scratching behind the big cat's ears.

"What ever happened to Phoenix?" Kale asked.

"Alas my predecessor was killed by a car this past Easter." The big cat said morosely startling the others.

"You can talk!" Bliss exclaimed.

"Stands to reason." Robster said regaining some of his composure.

"Phoenix was Arch's baby girl, but she was also a muse." Kale said. "Stands to reason that she and Oracle would both have the gift of gab."

"Quite right." Arch said. "Let me introduce you to our other residents." He turned to lead the way into a corridor when two figures burst past the startled group.

"Van Fanel, when I catch you I'll do things to you that make Dillandau lose his lunch!"

"Ah, but you've to catch me first, Hitomi." He taunted racing up the stairs and grabbing his sword off the wall a heartbeat before Hitomi grabbed one of her own and both sprinted for the roof. A moment later the castle rocked slightly.

"Van and Hitomi as you probably surmised, from Escaflowne." Oracle said.

"Are you sure they'll be all right?" Bliss asked worriedly. "'Tomi looked ready to kill and what was that shaking? Escaflowne?"

"That and Nightwing, Hitomi's 'melef." Arch said offhandedly. "I'll explain more later. Hey Ken," He said the boy genius came walking by. "Where's the rest of the Digi gang?"

"Iori and Hotaru are," He blushed and cleared his throat. "occupied. And Prima, Omni is waiting for you on the roof. Northeast turret."

"Thanks." The girl angel said before vanishing in a small starburst.

"Omni must be TK right?" Kale asked.

"Right as rain." Arch agreed. "They'll probably be down later because they haven't seen each other all day."

"Hey Arch."

"Razer, Carly. This is Razer Tafkam, and Hacker Carly, my partners in MySTinc."

"Much against our will I assure you. The ordeal was fully recorded." Carly said. "I assume they can get out, Arch?"

Arch nodded as the group proceeded down the hall.

"How do you get out Arch?" Robster asked.

"I'm sure a goblin would know how to do it." Arch said nonchalantly.

Robster narrowed his eyes. "An alternate identity."

"Perhaps." He said breezing into the kitchen and frowning at what he found there. "Mina! Lita! Ami! Didn't I tell you to take a break?"

"No one else around here can cook." Lita snapped back.

"Are you going to argue all day, or are you going to introduce us." A slightly spaced out voice said.

"Hello Ginny, Mione." Arch said. "Ginny Wesley and Hermione Granger from Harry Potter, and Mina, Lita and Ami from Sailor Moon, This is Kale, Bliss, and -"

Suddenly Ami launched from her stool. "Rob-chan!"

"Hey girl." Robster said picking her up and swirling her around.

"All right. You four out!" Lita said hurrying them out of the kitchen.

Archangel chuckled. "Lita's very defensive of her territory. Let's take tea in the study and talk there." Ami tried to follow them but Lita grabbed her collar.

"Get back here." She said hauling the senshi of mercury back into the kitchen.

Arch lead the way to the study and opened the door in time to see a flash of blue vanish behind a revolving bookcase.

"What was that?" Bliss asked.

"Ami I'm assuming," Arch said. "Unless I've taken on Sonic the hedgehog as a muse."

"You haven't." A phantom voice said. A moment later Prima appeared from her starburst and Omni stepped out of a cocoon of swirling feathers that vanished as swiftly as they had appeared.

"At least not that we're aware of. Please sit." Prima said reverting to her 02 Kari form as Omni matched her becoming TK.

"So Arch, what's new with you." Robster asked.

"Well I suppose now is as good a time as any. I brought you here to tell you I'm taking a vacation from Fanfics in general, and when I start posting again, it won't be Digimon."

"Are we out of a job?" TK said almost hopefully.

"Not on your life loverboy." Arch chided as Oracle settled in beside him. "I'll still be writing Digimon, giving priority to the Defenders Keep rewrite."

"But if your not posting Digimon then..."

"My dear Kale, that is for me to know and for you to find out." He teased with an enigmatic smile.

"Arch!" Bliss wailed.

"Just kidding. That's part of why I asked you here. I'm going to start posting an original future sci fi series I'm working on, but don't expect to see it any time soon. It's gotta be written, beta read, proofread, edited and then posted."

"You're writing an original work?" Robster said awed. "Bold man."

"It was bound to happen." Arch shrugged. "It's going to be interesting working with original characters."

"So what's it about?" Bliss asked leaning closer.

"Sorry kid, but that's classified. If it was a digific, I wouldn't really care if someone beat me to it but not my originals."

"Fair enough." Kale said diplomatically. "So what do you have planned in the world of digi?"

"Well, like I said, the Defender's Keep rewrite, another copy of the Neo Card Saga-"

"I've got a question about that." Robster said. "Is Sakura going to be a permanent presence?"

"More or less." Kari answered for him. "The premise is that Saki's clow cards escape after we've recovered all the neo cards."

"How many are there?" Bliss asked.

"That depends on the readers." Arch said. "I have Hope going after the Lightning card next, even though he just finished with the ice card. After he shorts that out, I'll probably go with the crests and anti crest cards, and then..." He shrugged. "I'll have to take suggestions. Anything within reason."

"So you probably wouldn't use a lust card." Robster said.

"Actually I was thinking about using that." Arch said pouring himself another cup of tea. "I just haven't worked everything out yet, but it won't be a lemon."

"Drat." Robster said snapping his fingers. "Speaking of which how is the lemon series coming, no pun intended."

"You just want to see us go at it like rabid weasels." Kari laughed. "Well the orgy scene is just not gonna pan out, so we're waiting to see how exactly Arch is going to pull this one off."

"The same way I pull everything off," Arch said with a grin. "with style."

"What else are you working on?"

"Well my Sailor moon fic, I'm might start an Escaflowne fic, set right after Van and Hitomi escape from Dillandau."

"Yeah. You mentioned Hitomi's 'melef Nightwing." Bliss said.

"When in blazes did 'Tomi get a melef?" Robster asked.

"After they escape from Dillandau, Van and Hitomi enter the kingdom of Tricatia ruled by King Deathe Ra Veen. This country supplied Dillandau's melefs with the stealth cloaks they used to attack Fanelia."

"Harsh." Kale said.

"You have to understand, these people are kinda like mercenaries. They sell for money but they do have a code of honor. They take in Van and Hitomi, hide Escaflowne, and open their borders to Fanelian refugees.. While 'Tomi undergoes informal training with the king's daughter and falls in love with his nephew, she finds out that she and the princess are half sisters on the mothers side."

"You mean..." Bliss said in wonder.

"Yeah. She came home. And that pendant she has? It's a fragment of her mother's energist."

"Dragonheart?" Robster asked.

"Starfire, actually. Close cousin to Dragonheart, which explains the reaction from Escaflowne. In the end, 'Tomi is faced with a choice and she chooses to remain in Tricatia but not without a price."

"This gets bloody, doesn't it?" Kale said

"Very. Dillandau demands that Ra Veen turn over Van, 'Tomi and Escaflowne. He refuses and all hell breaks loose. Ra Veen and his nephew die leaving certain parties really pissed off."

"That's when Hitomi gets Nightwing, right?"

"Yeah. It's more of a Gundam than a 'melef, but I think the only real distinction would be in firepower."

"What do you mean, firepower?" Robster asked eagerly.

"You'll see in the fic." Arch said pouring himself another cup of tea.

"You're evil Arch." Kale chuckled. "What all do you have planned for what if fics?"

"A nice change of subject." Arch chuckled. "Why don't you two take this?" He fielded the question to TK and Kari.

"We'll there's #3, Fatal Jealousy." TK said shuddering. "It's a TakiDaiKari triangle with a murder - double suicide ending."

"After I gently explain to Davis that I don't share his feelings, he seems to take it all right until prom night. Then he opens fire on the prom in an attempt to get me to say I love him, but I don't so I can't. Three clips later he shoots me in the chest and shoots himself in the head. As TK cradles me in his arms the gun slides across the floor and TK puts the last bullet into his own heart and we die in each others arms." Kari shuddered and wrapped her hand around TK's for comfort.

"You're not writing that are you Arch?" Bliss said horrified.

"No, Osirus is." Arch replied shivering at the name. "Which probably makes it even worse."

"But #4, Best of Intentions, isn't quite so bad." Kari said.

"Oh yeah! This is the fic that Arch promised Kari at the end of the Sincerity trilogy. The premise is what if Happily ever after wasn't so happy."

"Huh?" The three authors asked in unison.

"Okay." TK explained. "It's set fifteen years in the future and I've become a famous musician."

"Ahh!" Robster mock screamed. "It's Matt!"

"Baka!" Bliss snapped smacking him playfully in the back of the head.

"Anyway, Kari and I are married although I wouldn't throw happily in there. The fic starts out with a fight at the studio."

"He was ignoring me." Kari huffed defensively.

"Easy there kids." Arch said mellowly. "It's just a fic."

The pair regained their composure and TK continued. "Yes I was more putting more time into the music than into my marriage. I was doing it for Kari but I never told her, so I made it right the only way I could. With music."

"So it's a songfic." Bliss said.

"Yes to Travis Tritt's Best of Intentions. It'll probably be shorter than most of Arch's works." Kari said.

"Kari we're talking about the guy who snowballed one fight scene into the Takimi trilogy." TK reminded her.

"In which case short is relative." Kari laughed.

"Moving on," TK said. "I think #5 was Guardian."

"Ah, one of my favorites." Arch said. "Sheng Long challenged me to write a fic where Kari was the seventh child and TK was the eighth. I got to thinking what's the difference between them and only one thing came to mind. The seventh child traditionally protects the eighth."

"I get it." Robster said. "Kari ends up becoming TK's guardian."

Kari nodded. "And I take my task very seriously. Martial arts classes, collecting weapons, things like that. It ends up being a wedding fic but those party crashers the Motomiya's show up and the bullets start flying."

"You do realize that guns are not this readily accessible in Japan right?" Kale said.

"Yes I know." Arch frowned. "I might be able to get away with the irresponsible parent route. Anything else."

"Well, #6 is yet untitled. Kari and Gatomon are not partners in this one." TK said.

"You wouldn't..." Robster stared as Arch nodded. "You made TK a digimon!"

"Don't freak Robster." Kari said. "He's my partner and not in the ettchi sense either. It turns out that he has a glitch in his code and every time he digivolves his file degrades. By the time the battle with Apoclymon is done he's almost destroyed but just when his file scatters we tap the power of our crests to bring his data back together. But instead of Takimon the digimon, as Takeru the boy."

"Next topic." Arch said gazing at the clock.

"Yaoi and yuri!" Bliss blurted blushing.

"Okay." Arch said. "Let's see. There's Misfits, an Ioken set during the Emperor time. Iori gets tired of everyone treating him like a little child and goes into the digital world alone after putting a time lock on the gate. He's about to end it all by jumping off a cliff when Ken saves him and takes to his fortress as a guest. They find in each other kindred spirits, people who are forced to fit someone else's expectations. Iori falls asleep and Ken is faced with a difficult choice, to betray Iori by stealing the code for the digital lock or not. In the end he does what's right and leaves the lock code in place and gives Iori a present: a program code that would take him to the preset coordinates of Ken's fortress."

"Sweet. Begs for a sequel." Robster said.

"I've got a half baked idea for one. After Iori gets back the gang wants to know what happened. He won't tell and most of the gang respect him for that." Arch said

"I'm seeing Davis as botching this one." Kari said.

"You are exactly right Heeks!" Arch said. "Davis goes tampering with Iori's digivice and finds both the the lock program and Ken's fortress coordinates, but before he can do anything Iori takes back his digivice and jumps through the portal locking the gate behind him. But Davis' meddling altered the coordinates dumping Iori in the Digiworld's northern most region."

"So you're trying to freeze me to death." A patient voice chuckled from the door.

"Bliss, Robster, Kale. This is Hido Iori from digimon and his girlfriend Hotaru from sailor moon." Oracle chuckled.

"And to answer your question, no. Ken also added a tracer to your digivice. When he found out where you where he sends a couple of Mammothmon to keep you warm until he can come and collect you himself. But that leads to still more problems."

"He must think I betrayed him." Ken said slipping into a vacant chair. "That the whole thing was a setup."

"Yeah." Arch said. "Even after you show Iori that the coordinates were right until Davis tampered with them, he's still hurt and it takes a major confession on your part to convince him."

"Your not really..." Hotaru asked shyly.

"It's just a fic." Iori said patting her hand comfortingly. "Anything else from the same gender world, Arch?"

"We'll I got a couple of songfics. 'In Another's Eyes.' is a Takori/Hiyako that almost goes wrong. After TK and Kari each have a fight with their significant same gender other, the two split up into 'conventional' couples-" He shuddered distastefully. "Takari and Miyori. As they're about to cheat, they realize that it's all wrong. And they fix everything."

"Sweet and simple." Bliss said thoughtfully. "What else?"

"Well, the only other one I had in mind was an untitled songfic to S Club 7's "Never had a dream come true" Iori and Kari and TK and Mimi are dating, but they're not happy. But when Iori and Kari win tickets and backstage passes to the début of a new group called Destiny, the finally get up the nerve to follow their hearts."

"I'm just shooting in the dark here but would Destiny happen to the DD's?" Kale asked.

"Yup. The contest was rigged so those two would win." Arch grinned. "That's about everything from the land of fanfic. General discussion?"

"A question. In Sincerity, what happened to Pata and Gato at the end?" Bliss asked.

"Contrary to common belief they did not delete themselves. Gato cut back on Kari's energy until she was supporting herself on mostly her own power. The digivice kept her anchored in the real world until she destroyed it and returned to the digiworld. TK freed Patamon allowing him to go to the digital world unscathed, but now there's a Gato, Pata and Palmon triangle in the digiworld." Arch said. "Could be interesting lemon material."

"What do you think of plagiarists?" Robster asked through gritted teeth.

"I think that everyone has some kind of talent, but if you have to stoop so low as to steal something and put your name on it, and then blatantly post it where the original author is almost guaranteed to find it, you need to dragged into the street hung by your toes and have the word thief permanently scorched into the tender flesh of your genitals with a branding iron." Arch said calmly. "Poor Robster's been ripped off, what four or five times this year?"

"Something like that." He mumbled into his cup.

"Someone once accused me of plagiarizing Mesmermon's Castle." Arch added. "Which I wrote!"

"What?" The group chorused.

"I quote from my review. 'Wasn't that a take off of a Robster fic? Ha!' It's things like that just make want beat people with an Akane style mallet."

"Oh Hell no he didn't." Kari said as lightening began to dance around her head.

"Easy baby." TK said rubbing her shoulders.

"It gets worse. Apparently Carly's fic I MySTed was inspired by a GW lemon. I actually got a review that said I shouldn't MyST works that are copied from other people."

"What a load of garbage." Bliss mumbled.

"Any author who gives you permission to MyST is like a good faith voucher that it's their fic, and even if it's not, the flack shouldn't come back on you." Kale said

"Shouldn't but does." Arch sighed.

"One more question, before we go." Robster said. "Do you favor Digimon or... Pokemon?"

The reactions were immediate. TK and Ken dropped their glasses to shatter on the marble floor, Iori clamped his hands over Hotaru's ears and began swearing in rapid Japanese, and in a second Prima had a slim crystal sword to Robster's throat.

"No." Arch said gently forcing the sword away with his cane. "He's a guest."

"He should know better." She growled.

"But he doesn't." He said patiently, slipping between the author and the angel. "Now sit down." Despite the politeness of the tone it was an unmistakable order. Prima grumbled a moment before banishing her sword and reverting to 01 Kari to pout in the chair.

"And my mother never did anything like that with a camel, Iori." Robster said rubbing his neck. "What exactly did I say wrong?"

"I've been meaning to do this for a while." Arch said conjuring up two slabs of black marble. "The first commandment," he paused as lightening lanced from his hand to dance across the marble leaving gold filled letters etched into the stone. "is 'Thou shalt not, under pain of death, utter the name of the vile Digimon impersonation that is P---mon.' You are all now aware of this first commandment and I can no longer protect you from further transgressions."

Kari rocks in her seat murmuring, "Blood, Blood, Pretty Blood." Over and over causing the others to shy nervously away.

"Oookay. As you may have surmised, we are all die hard Digimon fans. Ironically enough I was neutral once. Granted I leaned towards Digi because the monsters talked back, you never had to beat a good monster into submission only to stuff it into a tiny ball-"

"I never could figure out the physics of that." Robster said.

"And the digimon actually care about their partners. Where as that little electric rat could care less what happens to his 'owner'. Aside from that, the shows were virtually identical except digimon's plot was closer to that of Monster Rancher."

"So what happened to change your mind?" Bliss asked.

"I started writing Digimon Fanfics, so I was visiting digisites and researching, making the fics as accurate as possible and I still made some mistakes, but the more immersed in digi I became, the more anti P---mon I became. Which brings us to commandment number two." The lightning leapt from his hand to do his engraving. "'Thou shalt never expect a P---mon fic from Archangel Bloodraven.'"

"How many commandments do you have, God?" Kale asked wryly.

"Hey! I never once claimed to be god! But you gotta admit, you can't beat tablets and lightning for permanence."

"Very true." Bliss said rising. "We ought to be going though. Are we..."

"You all are welcome back." TK said lightly. "Just let us know. Lita will cook up a storm."

The three authors laughed as they returned to the main hall and vanished through the portal.

"You never did get to give them a proper tour." Kari said.

"Next time." Arch replied smiling.

=============================================================== ============

The opinions expressed in this fic are all Archangel Bloodraven, who does not own Digimon, Sailor Moon, Escaflowne, or Harry Potter. The Authors Bliss, Kale, and Robster80 are used in good spirit.