Digimon Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Inside Archangel Bloodraven ❯ Chapter 2

[ A - All Readers ]

Epics
By Archangel Bloodraven

"I can hardly believe it." Kari said running her fingers through her hair.

"Believe it girl!" Ami said, her usual restrained demeanor vanishing in her elation. "It's finished."

"Not quite." Arch said as his energy wings blossomed around him. A quick flap and he was up on the top turret. "We have to run up the colors!" With that he hoisted the Bloodraven Keep banner, a black raven surrounded by red flames against a gray background.

"It looks better than ever." Omni said as Arch touched down.

"Then I take it we're in time for a christening?" Robster asked as he, Kale, and Bliss appeared from the woods.

"I see you guys got my message."

"Yeah," Kale said. "Although I gotta know, how did you manage to rig that doorbell?"

"Author energy is different from that of normal people, Kale. You know that."

"Well duh." Robster said gesturing at the castle.

"All I did was rig the door to open a portal under anyone with author powers."

"Nice touch opening it by the lake." Bliss commented.

"Easy to find when you want to go back." Arch said. "Come on in." He said pushing the two massive wooden doors open. "Please read the house rules before you come in." He pointed to the black marble tablets set into the white marble of the wall.

"Ah I remember these." Bliss said. "Thou shalt not, under pain of death, utter the name of the vile Digimon impersonation that is P---mon."

"Amen sister." Robster said rubbing at his throat. "Thou shalt never expect a P---mon fic from Archangel Bloodraven."

"New material." Kale said. "Thou shalt remain open minded at all times."

"Fair enough." Bliss said. "Thou shalt not steal any characters or idea's from Archangel Bloodraven."

"Uh oh!" Robster gulped.

"Relax Robster. You're idea of Dimension 80 was inspired by me." Arch said. "There's a big difference."

"What's this one?" Bliss asked. "Thou shalt not open the red doors?"

Archangel blushed furiously. "I'll explain on the tour."

"Okay..." Kale said skimming over the remains of the tablet. "Nothing else but a list of your fics and muses. And of course the Keep motto, 'May You Live In Interesting Times.' Interesting choice."

"It was either that, ' Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here.' Or 'Murphy's Law Rules Here.' Come then! A proper tour this time." Arch led them into the main hall where Oracle twisted around his legs. "East wing, west wing, new wing."

"With one heck of a door." Kale said in shock.

"Oh it's just a little titanium adamantium alloy." Arch said.

"That's about fifteen feet thick." Kari said.

"With a DNA lock keyed to Archangel." TK said. Everyone face faulted.

"What can we say? The boy's a security nut." Lita said as she, Hotaru, and Iori disappeared behind a red door.

"Dare I ask what they're doing?" Robster asked.

"Better not." Ami said drawing closer to him. "They ordered paint brushes, whipped cream, and cherries."

"Remember that last commandment?" The others nodded as Arch led them down the west wing. "These are the lemon rooms. Each muse, avatar, and character has a access code that allows them to log on to the network and operate various functions in the keep."

"Like locking red doors?" Bliss said blushing.

"Right. Let's see. We've got Iori, Lita, and Hotaru here. In the next room is," He paused as he tapped a button on the console. "Van and Hitome, not surprising. and behind this door..." Arch's eyes widened in surprise. "Ken, Hemione, and Ginny!"

"Never would have seen that one coming." Robster shuddered.

"I'll have to ask about that one later." Arch said leading the way down the hall. "There are five rooms on each floor for a total of fifteen rooms. That usually keeps the guys out of trouble. To your left you see the MyST Inc. Theater. Computer, theater status."

"No fic sent. Theater is empty."

"Just the way we like it." Razor said. "It's good to see you guys again."

"It's good to be back." Kale agreed. "What's that across the hall?"

"That's the gym. It gives us all someplace to blow off steam and settle differences."

"And best of all it's fully indestructible." Omni said.

Suddenly the large metal door to the new wing rocked violently. "Are those two at it again?" Prima fumed before vanishing into a starburst.

"Arch, what's back there?" Robster asked concerned.

"You'll find out later." He said leading the way back though another door. "I didn't think the roof could handle the structural stress of repeated take off and landing, so I moved the 'melefs into this docking bay, along with a few other toys."

"Nice cars." Bliss said appreciatively.

"No touchy touchy!" Omni said grabbing her hand. "These have a nasty security system."

"How nasty?" Kale asked.

"Um... Almost guaranteed fatal to anything kind of nasty." Arch mumbled as Bliss hastily yanked her hand away.

"Are you crazy?" Robster asked.

"No, a little dark, but certainly not crazy." Arch said leading the way out of the docking bay. "In here is the conservatory, where I write and store all my songfics."

"I see some new ones." Kale said. "When will you be posting?"

"Well, they're up on the website already. We'll be posting to FF.N soon. This tour will be too, as sort of a coming back fic."

"How soon?" Robster asked.

"Not quite sure. I figured I'd post this when I finished the new keep, so this and my others should be coming out soon."

"Can't wait." Bliss said rubbing her hands together.

"You won't have to. I'm in the final stages of uploading and testing now." Arch said. "This is the card room." He said leading them into room decorated like...

"The Neo Cards?" Robster asked.

"Uh huh." Arch said. "Each completed chapter becomes a card. We have Sword, Ice, and my newest, Lightening." He said as the cards drifted lazily around him before he waved them back to their book. "They also make great Author weapons."

"Oh my word..." Bliss said faintly from the next room.

"Whoa Bliss!" Arch said. "No getting ahead of the tour."

"What is this place?"

"The Star Chamber, home of my Sailor Moon fic. These are the five Inner Star Crystals, representing an element and respective planet."

"Don't touch any though." Ami said. "You'll take on that elements powers for a short time, but they're very difficult to control." To demonstrate she crossed carefully to a large glowing sapphire. "This is the Mercury Star Crystal, with he power of water. I've been using this power all my life, and yet." She said touching the stone a moment before a massive whirlpool exploded between her hands. "Even my ten thousand years of skill gives me little advantage over the raw power." She murmured forcing the small typhoon into her hands.

"The longer you touch a crystal the longer you retain it's power." Arch explained.

"So prolonged contact could theoretically induce permanent powers?" Robster asked.

"In theory yes, but no mortal being could handle that much power." Ami said, channeling the power back into stone until she had reached a manageable level "The amount of power received increases exponentially as you maintain contact."

"What about the angels?" Kale asked as they left the room.

"Possibly. They're strong and immortal but for them it's a moot point. They've got more than enough power now."

"Arch, I'm dying to know. What's behind that door?" Robster asked.

"I'd like you to meet my new friends." Arch said tapping some numbers into a keypad and placing a hand on a scanner. A moment later the door dissolved into nonexistence as Prima lead the frightened group forward. "I've got some new muses and self created characters. From Dragonball Z, we have Vegeta, Goku, Trunks, Gohan, Krillin, and my two original characters, Cell Eighteen, or Celine for short, and Seijita, a saijin hybrid, like Gohan and Trunks. Gym is that way." I said pointing. A moment later a half a dozen ki powered streaks flew past me.

"I hope you've got the house reinforced." Robster said nervously.

"Of course." I said. "And from Defender's Keep, as if I don't have enough feathers to pick up, the Angels, Stephan, Raven, and Angelique."

"So where just chopped liver." A girl said.

"Of course not. These are the Castillano sisters, Faith and Destiny, and their on again off again rival, Foxe Martinez, also from Defender's Keep."

"Cool. Who else?"

There was an implosion of air and a smell of sulfur and brimstone. "Did I miss the party?"

"Nightcrawler." I sighed. "From X-men. Part of my digimon X-men crossover."

"He does have a habit of popping up." A new voice said. "Literally."

"Another Author Generated character. Guardian."

"He looks like Stephan." Kale said.

"Yeah, but there's a major difference. Guardian is an amalgamated mutant."

"And for those of us who don't live in your head..." Robster asked.

"Guardian is a genetically engineered mutant hunter, with all known mutant abilities." Wolverine said as he exited the new wing. "Good thing he's on our side."

"And lastly, little Sakura from CCS/NCS."

"So Arch," Bliss said as I gathered Saki into my arms. "now that you're back, what are you going do with your big projects?"

"My epics?" He said leading the way into the study. "Well, there's Defender's Keep, which is actually going to be split into three parts, New Destiny, Greater Powers, and Keepquest. New Destiny will be about how the Chosen find the remaining halves of their crests, ending when Raven leaves to face Neomyotismon alone. Greater Powers tells of the epic battle between Neo and the Chosen. I must warn you now, that will have a high body count, but I'll bring them all back. Keepquest is the story of how the survivors follow a strange pull that draws them to their own personal Keep and their final Destiny. Once it's done Defender's Keep will be open to whoever wants to write from that, provided that let me know first and acknowledge proper ownership."

"Fair enough. What else?" Kale asked.

"Well for NCS, I'm starting on the Crests and Anticrest saga, by introducing the villianess, Najima Sorato, also the Cardcaptor Chaos. She'll be starting at TK and Kari's high school, and will start the saga by unleashing the Cowardice card, which will in turn lead them to it's polar opposite, the Courage card. After all the crests..." He waved his free hand in a 'Who knows?' gesture.

"Cool. What about What if?"

"I haven't really developed anything more that what we talked about last time. Although there are two more I'm thinking about starting. Evolution, My Digi/X-men crossover, and Harry Potter and The Eighth Child. Self explanatory."

"Tell us more."

"Not now. I'm not sure I'm even gonna start those, so there's no sense in getting everyone all riled up about them."

"One thing I don't understand. Whose cars are those in the docking bay?" Robster asked.

"Didn't he tell you?" A feminine voice said. "They're ours."

"How silly of me. The cast of my original series, The Blackhawk Chronicles, Team Dark Hawk. Team leader Blackhawk, Xavier Falcon by day. His love interest, soul mate, and partner in bully bashing, Meliana Andrews and Shadowhawk." The girl who had spoken gave a slight nod. "The group tech heads, Falcon, Trevalian Hawke and Raven, Deana Van Pier." Another pair gave a tidy bow. "Fight first and ask questions later, Silverhawk, Steven Knight, and Goldenhawk, Martinique St. James." Another couple bowed with a bit of pomp and circumstance. "A demolitions expert and a crack sniper what could be a better team then, Phoenix, Adair Phoenix, and Firebird, Robyn Hood." Another bow. "And lastly the two wild cards that always show up with perfect timing. Darksteel, Drake Steel, and the Queen of Illusion, Mirage, Silver Castaway."

"Cool kids. What do they do?"

"You'll have to read the story to find out." I chuckled. "Now who's staying for dinner?"