Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ "Do You Believe?" ❯ "Do U Belive?" ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: I had this story written like 3 months ago, and my plan was to post it on Christmas Eve, but I was just to lazy to add more and I was grounded for like a month. So anyways, here it is, Dedicated to Kou22. A true Koumi fan. I also want to thank my beta BloodyRose666. Thanks girl.


------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------



Do You Believe?

Thus, it was the day before Christmas; pearl white snow fell from the ouside of a lonesome window on the very top of a tall building, which had the only source of light in the whole apartment complex. A shadow moved ghostly upon the room, her body fixed towards another object that seemed to look like a tree; A Christmas tree.

With the touch of her hands, she slowly and perfectly placed the brightest star on top of the Christmas tree; it was already dressed with hundreds of colorful lights, with round, golden and silver ornaments hanging by a small thin thread, all neatly perched in random small branches. She excitedly clapped her hands together, took two steps back and checked her work. The star was six feet above everything else, shimmering with its bright light. So majestic. How can something so simple that came from nature turn into something so elegant?

When she finally knew everything was in place, and that her taste was satisfied, she nodded firmly and went back to the kitchen, humming "Jingle Bells." Her mahogany, long hair fell fairly down her waist like a cascade of silky brown curly threads. She charmingly spins around to her corner with a very optimistic attitude, her curls bouncing up and down falling in a stylish rhythm.

There stood the lonely oven with the timer,on top of the stove, ticking its final seconds. She took an oven glove and slowly placed it on her five slender fingers.

Finally, the timer dinged. Her hands reached the handle of the stove and opened it carefully to let all the hot air out before she placed any of her hands inside.

The cookies were ready; the aroma of the sweet scent of sugar and sweets escaped the small space they were closed to, and headed toward the hallway of the appartment and into a small gap of a closed room, where we find a young man occupied by his work.

He was sitting down on a chair, his portable laptop placed on his lap, typing quickly on his keyboard; the blur of his fingers moving in a uncanny motion.

The fragance reaches into his nose, tickling his buds. He wiggles his nose from the smell and gets up from his chair deciding to follow the scent of the sweet cookies. When he reaches the kitchen, he sees his dear love turn her attention away from the sweets and into something else. He made his approach slowly as he tries to grab one but Mimi slaps his hand before he even commits his small crime of stealing a sweet.

"No Koushiro," she says,a hand on her weist while the other one up on the air shaking her index finger from left to right, "those aren't for you."

Koushiro stands, nursing his hand and looking up at her "What? Then, who are those for"
"Santa!" she says happily. He laughs getting closer to her to give her a hug and a kiss but she restrains and backs away.

"Why are you laughing? I'm being serious."

He quiets down blushing, "I thought you were joking"

"Why would I joke about something so serious?" He laughed weakly, he stared at her while she put the warm sugar cookies, each different with their unique shape of a christmas tree, a stocking or a snowman, in a small plate. Her plate is placed neatly in the middle of the kitchen table. Her movements go back to the kitchen and to the refrigerator, there she takes the container that helds the milk in place, it reads "1 low fat milk" She gets herself a glass and pourse the white liquid in it. Mimi hums again this time her song changing to "Santa Clause is coming to town." She pauses for a moment and smiles to herself,"No wonder Santa is as he is right now; a very unfashionable, fat little sweetheart, they just don't give him the right kind of milk. But dear Mimi here will help him." She smiles at her self proudly.

"How can you believe in this kind of unsophisticated facts, Mimi?"

Blankly, "What do you mean?"

"I mean, how do you know he is 'out there' in the real world"

She laughs "Oh Koushiro! I know because each year he gives me what I want, he knows how I behave. I just feel it inside. But now that I'm older he doesn't give me toys anymore, like when I was a young girl. He just gives me his thanks for the cookies I make him and leaves.But no matter what, I believe in him"

He stops at her happy sight, How can he tell her the truth without breaking her heart. "Honey I think it's time for you to know the truth."

She stops of what she was doing, "What truth?" she asked quizilly.

"Well," Koushiro started to explain, "You see,sigh, how can I put this?" He took another deep breath, staring at his shoes and looking back to her sweet face.

"Santa doesn't exist, Mimi."

"What?" she quivered at his words; all of them going through her head and echoing the words "Santa doesn't exist." over and over again, like a repeating partnert where it takes you nowhere.

"How can you say that?! He is real"

" For God's Sakes Mimi! Open your eyes, why do you believe in something so fictional! He is just a simple icon that resembles Christmas"

Crystal tears started to make shape from underneath her brown eyes. Her hands shake as she conceals the tears away coming down from her cheeks.

"I can't beleive you would say that!" she muffled the words out, almost not making no sense. "How can you neglect of what I believe!"

Without saying another word, Mimi, isolated, raned to her room crying until the only thing Koushiro heard was the hard, loud sound of the door closing furiously.

Koushiro went after her knocking the door, "Mimi, please, don't cry! I didn't want you to take it so hard, I had to tell you the truth"

"Shut up and go away!"

He slowly walked away from the door, aknowledging his mistake he said, "Oh, no. What have I done"

Koushiro walked slowly and sat on the small sofa from the center of the small living room. He ran his hand over his maroon hair as he took a good long look at the Christmas tree and thought, 'Me and my stupid mouth. You couldn't keep it to yourself! Seriously Koushiro, next time don't be so aggresive with her. You love her don't you? It's your first Christmas with her. You want this to be special, right?' "Ofcourse!" he said it outloud to himself.

It didn't feel the same anymore, Mimi's hums seemed to sooth Koushiro's mind, making him think less of unimportant things and more of his love to Mimi. But now, everything was queeri, quiet like a dark unwelcomed cementary, it felt more like a black christmas.

He heard the door slowly opened, Mimi came out with a pillow, a brown blanket, and folded clothes, she threw all the items on the floor and closed the door behind her.

"I hope you enjoy the night sleeping on the couch!" she shouted, crying from the inside of the room.

He stood up and walked to the place where the items she had threw and picked them up. Koushiro placed them on the couch, his sleeping clothes were wrinkled and handled roughly,as if Mimi savagely took them out from his drawer.

He slowly stripped on the living room and put his crease clothing. He layed on the couch,thinking of something he would do to make things up. "Come on Koushiro! You're a Genius! You can think of something!" But nothing popped into his mind, the only thing that did was the tears he saw coming from her sweet eyes. He felt miserable not sleeping with her. This night couldn't get any worse.

His eyes were finally giving up, the were shutting down slowly like two worlds being blinded by total darkness, falling down into the deep dispair of dreams. Falling...fallen.


------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
Thud!
He jolted fast for a start, then he mumbled something silently, half asleep. 'Thieves!' he mentally stated, 'They're inside the apartment'

The "thieves" seemed to made the muffled sound in the kitchen. Koushiro rapidly ripped the blanket he was sleeping on and threw it on the floor. At first he wanted to enter his room to alarm the news to his girlfriend, but was afraid to make any sudden noises and the intruder would have a chance to attack.

Koushiro felt his hands sweating harshly, he grabbed the nearest object and clutched it tightly prevening his butterfingers to drop it. He took the first steps slowly.

Footsteps were heard on the kitchen.

"What is he doing?" Koushiro asked to himself.

Standing there wouldn't answer his questions, he took more steps until he reached the kitchen. He raised the object he had in his hand, creeping behind the very, large,unwelcomed visitor. His one hand raising every second while the other looked for the switched light. When his tips touched the switch he automatically flipped it up, the beam of the light gleamed and shinned the intrudor.

Koushiro gave a sudden halt, as if a magical wall stopped his furious attack.

"You!" he remarked, slowly putting whatever he had in his hand down to his side, "It can't be! It's scientifically impossible"

The intruder turned around facing Koushiro. He smiled holding his big round belly. "I thought you weren't real!" Koushiro shockfully said, looking at the jolly, old man in red. The old man in red only laughed, thighty holding his fat belly, joyfully with the reconisable merry laughter, "I'm only real to those who believe in me"

Koushiro was speechless, in all his life nothing was more strange than what he was looking; Santa Clause was real, in bone and flesh, not just some ugly old guy in and old ruggy discuss just to pretend to be someone they are not just to earn the green.

"Dear son," Santa said, "did I frighten you"

"No...It's that I can't believe that you aren't actually a fictional character."

"Ho, Ho, Ho! I'm 100 real, my boy."

Koushiro couldn't take his eyes off of Santa.

He moved his hand towards his forehead, then towards his cheek. "I must be hallucinating. I'm must be dreaming. I'm going back to sleep and when I open my eyes I know that this is just a crazy dream."

And he did, he went back and laid on his resting spot; the couch. He closed his eyes waiting to go to sleep, then he opened his eyes, surpriced to see Santa staring down at him.

"Do you deny me that much that you can't believe your own eyes?"

"So it wasn't a dream!" Koushiro stood, staying on his couch and raising his head up to clearly see Santa, he sats next to Koushiro and looks at him back.

"Koushiro, why don't you believe in me like Mimi does"

"I just can't believe that one single man can manage to work for only a day in a year. That he brings toys to kids around the world in a single night. How can that happend? It's just Scientifically Impossible!"

"With a little magic, everything can happend," Santa winked.

"But if this prooves that you are real then..." Koushiro paused, looking back at the closed door, where inside, Mimi rested peacefully and mourning in her dreams what Koushiro had said.

"Then what, son? Did you told Mimi I wasn't real?"

He hanged his head, full of shamefulness "Yes. And I regret everything I said."

"Do you know how to fix it?"

"No. I don't have a plan. I don't want her to hate me for the rest of her life, I want her to love me as I love her! I will do anything for her to forgive me, now that I have seen the truth."

"That's good son! Wait here, I have a present you can give her."

Santa stood up walking straight to his sack of toys and wrapped presents, he digged deep into his bag until he found a rectangular pink box with a elegant purple bow.

"Here," Santa said giving it to Koushiro, "give this to her and everything inside will explain everything. It's as much as I can give her and you. She will forgive you and love you forever"

"Thank you, Santa. I'm very sorry for not believing in you. I guess I don't have a deep imatination to believe in stuff like this sort of things."

"Well my boy, you might as well start believing it because I'm not the only one that exists."

Koushiro's mouth went wide open. "What?! Are you saying that others like you exist? "

" Yeah, the Toothfairy is real too. I sometimes take her out to tea. She's a sweetheart. We talk hours and hours, the fun never stops. The Easter Bunny is shy, and we rarely see each other. Cupid, not much to say about him. And So on"

"So everything Mimi believes in, is true? She even believes in Leprechauns, though she is afraid of them, because she thinks they are evil and that one day they will eat her"

"Ho, ho, ho! Leprechauns aren't evil! They are actually nice, if you find one of them, they will give you a pound of gold."

"I see..." Santa looked at his watched, "Oh dear, look at the time, I have to finish giving this presents away. Good night Koushiro and Merry Christmas." Without thinking what to say back, Koushiro stared lightly at him, he blinked and he was gone.


------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
"Koushiro?" He felt someone shaking him on his shoulders. Bright light came into focus as he slowly opened his black eyes, someone was looking down at him...Was it Santa? 'No, Santa left. Did he? Or was I dreaming?' His eyes were focusing at the figure, it was slender.
"Mimi?"

"Oh Koushiro! I'm sorry for getting all so emotional last night! I love you so much that I can't stay mad at you." She flunged onto him and hugged him.

"Mimi! And I'm sorry for not believing you about Santa Claus, he is real! Can you forgive me? I've been a fool for not beliving the person I love"

"Oh, Koushiro! I love you too." Her lips lightly touched his.

He touched her shoulders breaking the kiss."I have something to give you"

He looked around for the present, when he found it he gave it to Mimi. Mimi happily accepted it tearing the paper up

.
"Oh Koushiro! I love it!," she exclaimed happily.

It was two hearts linked together with the names 'Koushiro and Mimi' written in golden cursive letters. Around a heart it had 5 pink crystal dimonds while the other one had 5 purple crystal dimonds.

"Here let me put it for you," he took the necklace from her hands, then he placed it around her neck closing it from behind. He hugged her from behind and kissed her neck softly, she giggled with the feeling of his lips.

"Koushiro! stop it! That tickles"

"I can't help myself that I love you."

She smiled closing her eyes, " I love you too Koushiro, and I wont get tired of saying it. Merry Christmas Koushiro."

"Merry Christmas Mimi."


------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
A/N: Please Comment!