Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Digi-Tale [FFC] ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Digi-Tale, Epilogue

by Time Lady

-----------------------

Disclaimer: I do not own Digimon. I'm just borrowing them for the duration of this story.

-----------------------

A week after the earl's brutality, Jyou said Takeru should be able to travel. They arranged a special carriage for Takeru, where he would be able to lie down on his stomach. Hikari, Jyou, Patamon, Gatomon, and Gomamon rode with him. Princess Sora and her entourage took their leave of the others. The princess would be due back in her homeland soon so she would be able to begin the arrangements for the wedding.

Takeru found himself well received by the king and queen. He was treated as an honored guest at the palace. For their heroism in rescuing Princess Hikari, he and Patamon were richly rewarded. The king named Takeru successor to the elderly duke of a small, but well-to-do province of the country adjacent to the capital. This particular duke had no heir and was glad to have someone who would be an able ruler.

Until the time of the duke's passing, Takeru remained at the palace learning what he needed to about managing a duchy. He proved an apt student. During that time Takeru also courted Princess Hikari. Hikari welcomed the attention and the companionship. They married two years later. When the king died, Hikari became queen, with Takeru as her consort.

Takeru's father was tried and convicted of abuse. He was stripped of his title and sentenced to several years in a work camp. Yamato was luckier. Since he had not participated in the beatings of Takeru and other servants, he received an official reprimand. His now strained friendship with Prince Taichi helped maintain his title. When his father was imprisoned, Yamato became earl.

The whole incident severely strained Yamato's friendship with Prince Taichi. When Prince Taichi and Princess Sora wed six months after their engagement, Yamato was not among those invited to the wedding. Yamato found himself ostracized from much of noble society from the scandal. His attempted betrothal to a duke's daughter fell through. Most nobles rejected his attempted courting of their daughters. Only one person did not. Three years after the whole scandal, Yamato married Lady Jun, Lord Daisuke's sister.

Lord Daisuke was betrothed to another baron's daughter. Though it was a political marriage, they did find some common interests and were relatively happy. When his father and father-in-law died, Daisuke became baron of both lands.

A few months after Hikari and Takeru married, Sir Ken and Lady Miyako were also wed. The two remained at the palace, with Sir Ken becoming an adviser to the future queen and Lady Miyako as her lady-in-waiting.

Sir Koushirou became good friends with Takeru. When Takeru officially assumed the title of Duke, Koushirou became his advisor. Koushirou managed the lands in Takeru's frequent absences.

Jyou finished his studies and when the royal physician retired, Jyou assumed the position. He remained at the palace a trusted advisor of Queen Hikari and Duke Takeru.

Lady Mimi never could make up her mind between Jyou and Koushirou. Before she could decide, her parents arranged a marriage for her to a marquis. She regretted not seriously pursuing a relationship with either man. The marquis was nearly 20 years older than her. Despite being a marchioness, she was extremely lonely and used every excuse she could to come visit the palace. She denied reports of having an affair with Jyou and scoffs at anyone who sees a resemblance between her children and the royal physician.

As time went by, Gatomon and Patamon also became closer. They stayed close to their humans and each other. After a few years they became strong enough that they could stay digivolved as Angemon and Angewomon. From there their relationship blossomed.

Essentially everyone lived happily ever after.

Well, almost everyone.

The End

Author's notes: Yes, this is the end of the story. I could have kept going another 30 pages or so, but I decided to exercise restraint. I also felt that if I kept writing, the story wouldn't be as good. As the song goes, you gotta know when to hold 'em, and when to fold 'em.

Will I write a sequel to this story? Probably not. I really do not see any sequel potential in this story, and feel that any sequels would seem forced, trite, and unreadable.