Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Digimon Fairytale ❯ Missing and Misfortune ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
Pegasusmon told TK everything… about how the Bakemon were trying to rid Kari and TK from the other worlds so that the seals of Hope Light would cease leaving the Digital-World defenseless against dark-forces.
 
TK thought that was just sick, “But where's Kari…?”
 
Pegaususmon explained that both he, and Kari… not to mention Gatomon who was also somewhere out there; They were all trapped inside a magical book and were standing in a fairy-tale like world. “I've overheard the Bakemon saying that there is only one way we can escape, but I don't know what it is.”
 
TK sighed, “That's just great. Well I guess first we better find the girls. Then we can figure out how to get out of here.”
 
He got up and walked very awkwardly towards Pegasusmon. “Ow! Man… this armor weighs a ton!” he groaned, and he tried to take some of it off, but no sooner had he finally gotten it off did it reappear back on his body. “Huh?” he tried to remove it again, but it was back on him in an instant.
 
Whatever this world was, the Bakemon had obviously made it so that whoever entered would be stuck playing their role. It was quite a struggle but the good news was that TK finally managed to get on Pegasusmon's back. The bad news was Peagasusmon didn't seem able to fly. “What's the matter?” asked TK.
 
Pegasusmon tried all he could, but it was no use. “Sorry TK…” he panted, “But I think that armor you have is heavier than it looks.”
 
TK smacked his head in utter disbelief. “Ouch!” he cried as he then rubbed his sore head from hitting it with his golden-gloves. At least Pegasusmon was able to hold him, and walk too. “Well… I guess we'll have to do this the old fashioned way.” TK said. “You ready…?”
 
Pegasusmon scrapped his front legs in the dirt. “Ready when you are.”
 
TK then kicked Pegasusmon's side gently but firmly, causing him to buck up on his hind legs and take off into the forest with TK yelling, “HI-HO PEGASUSMON… AWAY!”
 
Meanwhile
 
It was already dark, and Davis had received phone calls from Tai and Matt saying that Kari and TK hadn't returned home yet, and it wasn't like them to be that late, not even if they had gone to the Digital-World.
 
Davis began to grow worried too when he called Izzy to look into their locations, and Izzy regretted to say that he couldn't locate Kari or TK's D3 signals anywhere, neither in the Digital world or the real world.
 
This was starting to become serious, and it got even worse the next morning as Kari and TK still hadn't gone home nor did anyone know quite where they were.
 
Yolei, Ken and Davis met early that morning on their way to school. “We got nothing.” said Yolei. “I checked all their favorite hangout places.”
 
“I phoned Cody up, and he never saw theme either.” added Ken, “But he agreed to help out in the search when he got the time.”
 
Davis however was looking pretty bummed, “Kari…” he muttered under his breath. “Do you think maybe she ran off because I acted like such a creep the other day?”
 
Yolei and Ken didn't know how to answer that, but even they knew that Kari wasn't the type to hold a grudge, but it still didn't explain where she or TK were.
 
All that day they asked people around the school, and they had gotten a little information. Nobody saw them leave the school last night, and nobody saw them come in that morning.
 
Worse than that, when Davis passed by one of the empty computer classes on his way to lunch, he saw a bright flash of light flare out from one of the computers which served for a Digital-gate. “Huh?”
 
He walked in just as the little light flashed again and Veemon appeared, looking badly beaten too. “Da… Davish… thank goodnessh.” he cried.
 
“Veemon…?” Davis cried, “What happened to you?”
 
Veemon weakly explained to Davis that the whole Digital-world was in big trouble as swarms of Bakemon had begun appearing everywhere and hurting many innocent creatures. Even some of the Ultimates and Megas weren't able to fend off all those spooks.
 
Davis quickly found Yolei and Ken and pulled them out of the cafeteria to hear Veemon's story. “What about Hawkmon?” cried Yolei. “Is he okay…?”
 
“Yeah, and Wormon too?” added Ken.
 
Veemon eased their worries telling them their friends were safe with Gennai whoa was at this moment devising ways to ward off the Bakemon, “But the problem sheems to be because of the fact that forshes of Hope and Light have been weakened.” he told the others, “And it all started when Patmon and Gatomon had gone misshing.”
 
The others were nearly devastated. “This just keeps getting worse and worse.” cried Ken. “What are we going to do?”
 
“The only thing we can do.” Davis said, “Find TK, Kari, Patamon and Gatomon… get them back here and drive those Bakemon out of action.”
 
Yolei and Ken, knew he was right, but sadly neither of them, not even Davis or Veemon knew where to start looking. “IF they aren't in the Digital-World or this world… then where are they?” Yolei asked.
 
Meanwhile
 
Kari had stopped crying out for help a while ago before she had lost her voice. It was pretty lonely up there in the tower, and a bit frightening, well at least there were cute little pigeons that flew up to her. “Aw, how cute.” she cooed as one of the pigeons perched on her finger.
 
So at least she wasn't completely alone, but she still wondered what she was doing in this huge castle for anyways. Then suddenly, there was a knock at the tower door. “Room service…” called a familiar voice.
 
Kari looked towards the door and saw, “Angewomon…?” walk through push a trolley with a meal on it. “Kari…?” Angewomon said.
 
Kari then noticed that her friend had thick chains clamped around her arms and legs, and her wings were tied together. “What's going on here?” Kari asked.
 
Angewomon suddenly looked frightened, and looked around, “Uh… I can't tell you, I was ordered by my master to feed the princess.” she said nervously.
 
“Huh? Master…?” Kari asked all confused. “Wait a minute… I'm a princess? Who's doing all this?”
 
Suddenly, Angewomon was being shocked by the chains. “AAAH…EEEE…!”
 
Kari screamed and backed away, and that was when two guards appeared from out of no where, and grabbed onto Angewomon. Then a tall man wearing black armor, a red cape a musketeer-hat and an eye-patch walked in. “You disobedient slave!” he grunted, “I ought to pluck every feather from your wings for your disobedience!”
 
He snapped his fingers and feathers began to be plucked from Angewomon's wings like magic. “Ouch! Ow! Forgive me master! I beg of forgiveness!” she squealed.
 
The man motioned for his guards to take her away, and then he walked into Kari's room with a wicked grin on his face. “I hope you didn't have any foolish plots of escaping, my dear Princess.” He said to her.
 
Kari inched away from him., whoever he was, she could tell he was up to no good.
 
The man licked his lips, “Just think my princess fair, for soon we shall be wed, and rule this kingdom with a force so great that all will tremble before us.”
 
“Be wed…?” Kari asked in shock, “As in… marry?”
 
“You're speechless I see.” the man replied, “Hmm, mm, mm… I do so like my brides when they are shy and giddy.” Then he got up and headed for the door, “Just sit back and relax. Only three more days.” he blew her a kiss and then locked the door as he left.
 
“I have to marry some guy I never met, and rule a kingdom?” Kari thought. “Okay… I'm officially starting to freak out.”